Clubplanet Nightlife Community

are european players taking over the NBA??

great special real sports wiht bryant gumbel did on this topic. a lot of truth was said. what's more, they're really working those players out there hard. no frills workouts. the skill level of american players is falling. seems like people forgot the little simple things like shooting, passing, pick and rolls, and basic ball handling. everyone wants to be flashy nowadays.

I wouldnt say European players are "taking over" the NBA. Yeah, theres a lot more players from Europe these days than there used to be and people are concentrating on that in the news and scouting, but the NBA is still predominantly American players. I cant wait for the next Olympics...the U.S. is going to embarrass any other country. We got embarrassed in these past World Championships, but I dont consider that to be true for whats going to happen in the Olympics. It was a bunch of 6th men, playing against every other countries top players. Our next Olympic team is going to have the best players in the league...Duncan, Karl Malone, Kobe, Iverson, and Kidd. How's that for a starting 5? Maybe substitute Ben Wallace for Malone. But either way, this team is going to embarrass teams like the original Dream Team did.

Originally posted by mangos

I wouldnt say European players are "taking over" the NBA. Yeah, theres a lot more players from Europe these days than there used to be and people are concentrating on that in the news and scouting, but the NBA is still predominantly American players. I cant wait for the next Olympics...the U.S. is going to embarrass any other country. We got embarrassed in these past World Championships, but I dont consider that to be true for whats going to happen in the Olympics. It was a bunch of 6th men, playing against every other countries top players. Our next Olympic team is going to have the best players in the league...Duncan, Karl Malone, Kobe, Iverson, and Kidd. How's that for a starting 5? Maybe substitute Ben Wallace for Malone. But either way, this team is going to embarrass teams like the original Dream Team did.

probably, but as more players from abroad come to the NBA the gap will narrow over time as it has since the '92 olympics.

It was a bunch of 6th men, playing against every other countries top players. Our next Olympic team is going to have the best players in the league...Duncan, Karl Malone, Kobe, Iverson, and Kidd. How's that for a starting 5? Maybe substitute Ben Wallace for Malone. But either way, this team is going to embarrass teams like the original Dream Team did.

suck it up buddy...u lost fair n square...its the team u chose to put out there. i dont think paul pierce..baron davis...jermaine o'neal..andre miller...etc etc would consider themselves 6th men either...

YUGOSLAVIA WORLD CHAMPS!!!!!

That team was the team we put out fair and square, but it was a bunch of second rate players. The starting 5 of that team is nowhere near the talent level of the starting 5 of our next Olympic team. Hell, the next 5 down the line of our next Olypmic team is better than the starting 5 of the World Championship team that got embarrassed, and probably could have beaten that team from Yugoslavia.

That team was the team we put out fair and square, but it was a bunch of second rate players. The starting 5 of that team is nowhere near the talent level of the starting 5 of our next Olympic team. Hell, the next 5 down the line of our next Olypmic team is better than the starting 5 of the World Championship team that got embarrassed, and probably could have beaten that team from Yugoslavia.

thats the whole point dude. 20 years ago college players could go out and represent the US in the olympics and clobber everyone. foreign players lagged way behing collegiate level players. eventually they caught up.

enter the dream team, they clobbered everyone. slowly as the international players started playing against them more and more they were losing by less and less, and now that more foreign players are entering the NBA they will be playing against the best in the world on a daily basis. it might take 10 years or 20 years when even a TRUE NBA dream team will not be good enough to win everything.

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

suck it up buddy...u lost fair n square...its the team u chose to put out there. i dont think paul pierce..baron davis...jermaine o'neal..andre miller...etc etc would consider themselves 6th men either...

YUGOSLAVIA WORLD CHAMPS!!!!!

Umm...think the Yugo's have a shot in 2004? ;)

Originally posted by spragga25

Umm...think the Yugo's have a shot in 2004? ;)

prolly not..if they throw kobe..ai...kg..etc etc at us we r gona play for 2nd..u cant stop those guys...we might b fundamentally more sound but we cant hang with their athleticsim...

the only chace we stand is if we rain 3's like it was monsoon season...and we're very capable of doin that...but i dont see it happening..

honestly it all depends on how milicic(detroint)..cabarkapa(suns)..vujanic(knicks)..and the other nba prospects develop..we've got stojakovic(kings) and jaric (clippers) as cornerstones..vujanic is an awesome point guard....gurovic (celts draft pick) showed no fear against the US....this can happen...but i doubt it....the US is out to redeem themself