Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Wednesday night event!

Starting tonight, yours truly along with double o7 (Knee Deep, 3 Degrees Global) & Keith Miller (Ground) will be spinning @ the newest hotspot in DC called ANZU!

It's located right in Adams Morgan - 2438 18th St. NW right across the street from the Diner & Pizza Mart. We'll be dropping some acid jazz/downtempo from 9 to 11, then we'll step it up and bring the house beats til 2am.

The downstairs is a restaurant & bar featuring some really tasty tapas and pizza. Come grab some food before you come upstairs to hang out w/ us for some mid-week drinks. You MUST come see the space - it's never been open to the public before this week.

www.anzu.com

I stopped by Anzu last night for a couple of drinks, and I have to say I was pretty impressed. First of all, the space is really nice. And there is TONS of room. If you want to dance, there's plenty of room to dance. There is also plenty of room to sit down and chill. The bar itself is pretty big, so no standing 5 deep trying to get a drink. One of the bartenders was really hot, too, so that's always nice.

The music was great. Ray was spinning for part of the night, so you can't really go wrong.

A couple of detractions:

1) The place is *SO* new, it still smells a little like varnish.

2) There are spotlights at the bar area that are too bright.

3) There weren't enough people.

The people will come in time. The place is new, after all. The varnish smell will be gone in about a week, I'd say. And all someone needs to do is install (or use) a dimmer switch and we're all set.

All in all, I really like the place. When I want to go out on Wednesdays, that's probably where I'll be.

Originally posted by teriaki

I stopped by Anzu last night for a couple of drinks, and I have to say I was pretty impressed. First of all, the space is really nice. And there is TONS of room. If you want to dance, there's plenty of room to dance. There is also plenty of room to sit down and chill. The bar itself is pretty big, so no standing 5 deep trying to get a drink. One of the bartenders was really hot, too, so that's always nice.

The music was great. Ray was spinning for part of the night, so you can't really go wrong.

A couple of detractions:

1) The place is *SO* new, it still smells a little like varnish.

2) There are spotlights at the bar area that are too bright.

3) There weren't enough people.

The people will come in time. The place is new, after all. The varnish smell will be gone in about a week, I'd say. And all someone needs to do is install (or use) a dimmer switch and we're all set.

All in all, I really like the place. When I want to go out on Wednesdays, that's probably where I'll be.

ok teriaki, thats all good and nice, but what i'm mainly concerned about are the chicks there. were there any hot chicks there, and more importantly what is the scoring possibility in that place? And how expensive and strong are the drinks? because my scoring possibility increases 10-fold w/ a drunk girl.

:confused:

Originally posted by vicman

ok teriaki, thats all good and nice, but what i'm mainly concerned about are the chicks there. were there any hot chicks there, and more importantly what is the scoring possibility in that place? And how expensive and strong are the drinks? because my scoring possibility increases 10-fold w/ a drunk girl.

:confused:

These are all good points, Vic, and I'll try to answer each of them:

>1) Were there hot chicks?

There were approximately 0 hot chicks last night, excluding the bartender. I attribute that to the place being new, and not really drawing a big crowd. The sample size was too small to be able to evaluate the scoring possibilities.

The jury is out.

>2) And how expensive and strong are the drinks?

A Citroen and Tonic was $7. I don't drink rail alcohol, so I don't know what that there or even normally for that matter. (Yes, I'm an alcohol snob, so sue me.)

>because my scoring possibility increases 10-fold w/ a drunk girl.

Yours and everyone else's my friend.

Originally posted by teriaki

A Citroen and Tonic was $7. I don't drink rail alcohol, so I don't know what that there or even normally for that matter. (Yes, I'm an alcohol snob, so sue me.)

You snob... c'mon, Smirnoff is not that bad!

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

not only did he learn how to quote himself from Vic but apparently Vic also taught him English :D

LOL. I chopped up that sentence 5 times before I sent it out. It was supposed to read:

I don't drink rail alcohol, so I don't know what that costs there or even normally for that matter.