Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SPLASH gay bar?.....

Originally posted by tommyarmani

i heard its uber trendy there :laugh:

funny you use that word uber, since the splash website uses that word in describing this friday's party: "FULL FRONTAL FRIDAY is proud to have Mr. Cherry Blossom himself, DJ BILLY CARROLL spin at the UBER POPULAR FRIDAY MUSCLE FEST!"

I've been there, it's not Uber trendy at all.....but it is uber gay (duuuuh) if you want uber-trendy gay bar, go to XL, splash is a fun time, it looks like a big gym with a movie screen and nice design.........plus they have 2 for 1 happy hour, and no i'm not gay......."not that there's anything wrong with that"

Originally posted by fwilso01

I've been there, it's not Uber trendy at all.....but it is uber gay (duuuuh) if you want uber-trendy gay bar, go to XL, splash is a fun time, it looks like a big gym with a movie screen and nice design.........plus they have 2 for 1 happy hour, and no i'm not gay......."not that there's anything wrong with that"

Does splash have one of those tough/snotty door policies?

Is XL a club also or just a bar? We're just trying to scope out places where he might want to earn some extra bucks to dance at.

they never have snooty doors at gay bars towards guys, but if there will be more girls than just you in the group, chances are you might get turned away at both. XL seems to have much more money put into it, and is the closet bar to a nightclub that i have ever seen in NYC.......there will be more money at XL, but splash will have the most relaxed atmosphere

Originally posted by fwilso01

they never have snooty doors at gay bars towards guys, but if there will be more girls than just you in the group, chances are you might get turned away at both. XL seems to have much more money put into it, and is the closet bar to a nightclub that i have ever seen in NYC.......there will be more money at XL, but splash will have the most relaxed atmosphere

Thanks!!! I'll actually be the only girl

Originally posted by brandy76

Does splash have one of those tough/snotty door policies?

Is XL a club also or just a bar? We're just trying to scope out places where he might want to earn some extra bucks to dance at.

you really think hes gonna get a job there, you know how many people try to get dancing jobs there every week , every guy who goes there is good looking and ripped wether a patron of the club or dancer or bartender :laugh: but good luck

There aren't any dancers at XL. Your bf should try Roxy on a Saturday. They audition dancers pretty much every saturday, but you need an appointment. I'd also suggest Escuelita, but the crowd can be a bit rough.

Originally posted by mala

There aren't any dancers at XL. Your bf should try Roxy on a Saturday. They audition dancers pretty much every saturday, but you need an appointment. I'd also suggest Escuelita, but the crowd can be a bit rough.

When u mean the crowd is rough at Escuelita, do you mean touchy feely or just rough/ugly looking?

Originally posted by progressive2

you really think hes gonna get a job there, you know how many people try to get dancing jobs there every week , every guy who goes there is good looking and ripped wether a patron of the club or dancer or bartender :laugh: but good luck

I thought the same thing since I saw some of the guys from their website, but one of my guy friends used to dance there & he's not that great looking.