Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is it you like about Miami?

lilliz77

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just know that this is the most unique place on the planet...theres an infusion of everything here...there is not a culture u wont find here....sometimes its good sometimes its bad.......U wil lile it if u like nightlife and all that....theres a whole lot more to south florida than what we talk about on this board......My final statement is this....south florida is a salad bowl...not a melting pot...every1 keeps there flavor, but at the end were all in the same plate and make a prety descent meal!!!!!

hope thats an obejective look for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

Just know that this is the most unique place on the planet...theres an infusion of everything here...there is not a culture u wont find here....sometimes its good sometimes its bad.......U wil lile it if u like nightlife and all that....theres a whole lot more to south florida than what we talk about on this board......My final statement is this....south florida is a salad bowl...not a melting pot...every1 keeps there flavor, but at the end were all in the same plate and make a prety descent meal!!!!!

very nicely stated...thanks! :)

bro ... this is the smartest thing ive ever seen you post felipe :laugh:

:D :D

Originally posted by koky

Yeah every once in a while i try to exercise my brain....i think im gonna get a headache!!!!!!!!

Im just a barrel of good information once u really get to know me

:eek: :eek: :D !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah every once in a while i try to exercise my brain....i think im gonna get a headache!!!!!!!!

Im just a barrel of good information once u really get to know me

:eek: :eek: :D !!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool: :cool:

Originally posted by koky

That's exactly what I was thinking!!!!

LMAO!!! :laugh: :laugh:

He's not that bad. Hey, I love the guy for more than just one reason. ;)

Koky, you are the reason threads are 40 pages long.....you put too many damned spaces, "Yoooooooo"!

:D

Originally posted by themrs

That's exactly what I was thinking!!!!

LMAO!!! :laugh: :laugh:

He's not that bad. Hey, I love the guy for more than just one reason. ;)

Koky, you are the reason threads are 40 pages long.....you put too many damned spaces, "Yoooooooo"!

:D

Miami positives:

1. Weather from October to May is fantastic.

2. Club scene is second to none (to the rest of the board, shut the fuck up, I know what I'm talking about.)

3. Variety of people.

4. Cost of living is lower than other urban areas.

5. Most people are fairly nice and laid back.

Miami negatives:

1. Public transit (it only works for me since I deliberately moved along a major bus route).

2. Drivers. Most people down here do not know how to drive. Trained in Ecuador, Peru, or wherever, they get a license with a bare knowledge of English, a wink and a nod from the clerk, and off they go to wreak havoc.

3. Traffic. Everyone down here has to own a car since public transit sucks. Transit sucks because everyone owns a car. See?

4. Corrupt government.

5. Ghetto Trash.

6. Euro-trash.

7. Wanna-be ghetto trash.

8. Wanna-be Euro-trash.

9. Clueless tourists.

10. South end of the "Iron pipeline".

you guys make me laugh when you talk about bad traffic and what not. Take a look at this....

According to msn.com

The 10 Least Drivable Cities

1. Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA

2. San Francisco, CA

Los Angeles was very clearly the least drivable city studied. L.A. has the nation's worst mobility$#151;the highest travel time index (1.9), the highest annual delay per peak road traveler (136 hours), and the highest roadway congestion index. San Francisco has the highest gas prices in the nation ($2.20/gallon). Although both cities have rough roads, they have great driving climates.

3. Chicago, IL

Although its gas prices were lower than average, Chicago scores poorly in every other drivability category. The Windy City has rough roads, a poor driving climate, and slightly worse than average mobility.

4. Denver, CO

Denver has a very poor driving climate and rough roads. Traffic congestion is slightly worse than average mobility, but at least Denverians pay less for the extra gas they use when stuck in traffic.

5. Boston, MA

Like many large cities, Beantown suffers from rough roads and slightly worse than average mobility. Low gas prices help offset a generally poor driving climate.

6. Oakland, CA

Oakland has very high gas prices, very rough roads, and a great deal of traffic congestion. Like nearby San Francisco, Oakland's only positive is its great climate.

7. Detroit, MI

The Motor City has very rough roads and a driving climate that is worse than average. Drivers who can put up with those deficits are rewarded with average congestion and low gas prices.

8. New York, NY

Motorists in the Big Apple contend with rough roads and slightly worse than average congestion. The plusses: New York has average gas prices and an average driving climate.

9. Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, WA

The Emerald City has worse than average mobility and slightly rougher than average roads. On the other hand, it has a better than average driving climate and average gas prices.

10. Washington, D.C

Traffic congestion and rough roads make D.C. a difficult place to get around. On the positive side, the nation's capital has a better than average driving climate and lower than average gas prices.

Originally posted by pod

Miami positives:

1. Weather from October to May is fantastic.

2. Club scene is second to none (to the rest of the board, shut the fuck up, I know what I'm talking about.)

3. Variety of people.

4. Cost of living is lower than other urban areas.

5. Most people are fairly nice and laid back.

Miami negatives:

1. Public transit (it only works for me since I deliberately moved along a major bus route).

2. Drivers. Most people down here do not know how to drive. Trained in Ecuador, Peru, or wherever, they get a license with a bare knowledge of English, a wink and a nod from the clerk, and off they go to wreak havoc.

3. Traffic. Everyone down here has to own a car since public transit sucks. Transit sucks because everyone owns a car. See?

4. Corrupt government.

5. Ghetto Trash.

6. Euro-trash.

7. Wanna-be ghetto trash.

8. Wanna-be Euro-trash.

9. Clueless tourists.

10. South end of the "Iron pipeline".

U forgot #11 NJ wanna-be music guru trash.......

1. The friends I've made over the years

2. The weather except for the summer...it gets too fuckin'

hot:mad:

3. The women...put so many are plastic

4. Club Maze & Space 34...love the memories I've made at the old Space

5. Oscar G., Ralph Falcon, Roland & Edgar V.

6 The best promoters, Eddy G. & Biz

7. Clubplanet Miami

I have had a sun pass for like 10 months now.

IT IS THE BEST THING I EVER BOUGHT.

I laugh at all the people who have to stop at tolls...when for like $25..they can relieve all thier worries. I go thru at full speed..(90 mph)...BTW..over 100 mph it doesn't register.......

It's the best when going to Orlando...

get sunpass here

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

ummm...i just typed that into my Navajo to English electric dictionary and i got: "What a nice beaver, can I skin it?":eek:

heeheehee..:D

actually, it's not spelled right but it means "just kidding"

I like the colorful personalities I meet :hat: AHEM

Originally posted by meng

yeah no shit....:rolleyes: ..gotta get that sun pass..

I haven't paid for Sunpass for over 1 year. I never called in to replenish my account, and keep using it. Everytime I go thru SunPass, I get INVALID on the transponder, but yet I get no warnings/tickets. Maybe you should try that if you dont want to spend money on tolls.

WARNING! Use this info at your OWN risk.

The thing I love about Miami is that there is always something to do! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know their touristy, but when the weather permits, I love to sit in the cafe's on Ocean Drive

almost all of them suck, but I LOVE the Front Porch Cafe

topless beaches, no tan line for our tiny shirts we wear in the summers :eek:

black beans& rice MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Miami,hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm let me see...........When people think of Miami the first thing that comes to their mines is BEACHES,SUN, and a wonderful night life. Guess what? Their right!! I was raised here so I dont think i would be able to live anywhere else. Miami is a great town theres people from all over,different cultures.

The night life is great,well@ least dont have any complaints about it.Have one of the best if not,the best club in the country,SPACE 34.Actually I wouldnt change it for the old SPACE but its not there anymore.Also have great clubs in the rise like MAZE which to me is the place to be on FRIDAY nights.Theres clubs for all kinds so im pretty sure you wouldnt have a problem in finding one that best fits you.\

Also im pretty sure that if you have any questions or doubts about anything any one from the board will be more than happy to help you out.;)

Let us know when your coming down to have a WELCOME PARTY!!:party:

what do I like about miami? I still wouldn;t know what to say after a year and something living on the beach. It's a good place to come visit for a few days, maybe live. Every place has a special thing. It's just not looking hard enough and just finding it(I haven;t found it heh)

I got 2 more years to go (old IFAC) and I still have no idea if I'd stay or leave when I finish. Till then, I'll be here and there :D

-.fred