Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Aquabooty's Joe Budious has an announcement to make!

mrjoebudious

I've been brought in to the Marlin Hotel to help with its new direction. If you havn't heard, Chris Blackwell (Island Pictures Fame) has just recently sold all of his Hotels on the beach (The Tides, Kent, Netherland, Music Box, etc something like 60 million)

EXCEPT THE MARLIN!!!

Where it all began here in Miami.

So the Marlin is going back to some roots and is going to tap into its beautiful sister companies Palm Pictures Music, Axiom, Quango, Epitonic, Res magazine and others to bring us all the most beautiful music, films, art and multi media events Miami has seen in a long time or ever.

Palm Pictures Music, The Marlin & The Rhythm Foundation

bring you 2 nights of amazing music!!

The King Britt show on the 30th of July and these two dates are just the beginning of what is to come at The Marlin.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!!

Coming all the way from Colombia, Sidestepper hits US shores this August for what proves to be an altogether unique live show, fusing traditional Colombian music with contemporary dubby, electronic sounds. After recently rockin' the decks here in NYC at François K's new dub night Deep Space and the long-running Turntables on the Hudson night, Sidestepper comes with the heavyweight goods this time 'round with the full live setup.

Here's the lowdown:

Sidestepper LIVE

Sunday, August 17 & Monday, August 18

@ Marlin Hotel, 1200 Collins Ave

Miami Beach

10pm-5am

Here's what the press have been saying about Sidestepper's new album:

"Some Colombian stimulants don't have to be sipped or snorted . . . Ivan

Benevides and electronic-music producer Richard Blair proves the point,

marrying hip-swiveling salsa and traditional Colombian music with

bone-shaking Jamaican riddims."

- Vibe

"It's but one bodega in a strange, beautiful, borderless town . . . proving

some of the only fertile ground in the stagnant dance music scene is on the

inter-ethnic front."

- Entertainment Weekly

"Give Latin American styles some resistance, and they sound even more vital

. . . 3AM (In Beats We Trust) sets up an intriguing tension between the

human voices and pulses of Latin America and a metronomic, melancholy

undertow of club beats and loops . . ."

- The New York Times

Sidestepper recently released his second full-length effort, '3 AM (In Beats We Trust)', this month on the Palm label. '3 AM' is the Spanish title for the record. The best time to be alive in the parts of the world where they speak Spanish is 3am, where everything, eating, drinking, loving, dancing, comes alive. In Beats We Trust is the album's English title - because the best thing to accompany the eating, drinking, loving and dancing is the beats you can trust, the beats that set up and enhance the eating, drinking, loving and dancing. '3 AM (In Beats We Trust)' is the collective title of the whole moving thing because it is a soundtrack to the way that beats make love to three in the morning, when the day is neither ending or beginning . . .it's a moment simply alive with real and unreal possibility.

There will be a limited club planet guest list for these shows to be determined later. We do expect to sell out both nights. Rhythm Foundation is on board with this one and they always pack the house.

Coming soon at the Marlin

Double X, Rich Medina and many, many, many more!!!

Also... DJ CRAZE (ya know, the 3time DMC world champ) has started a weekly party there on Tuesdays.

Got some nice talent coming thru the Marlin, Joe... very nice.

IMO, it would super if they just payed a bit more attention to the sound system.

-Marco

I'm glad I went there last night for Funkito...the athmosphere was chill, nice people + good music...u can't beat that for a hump-day...I will definitively keep eyes and ears pointed that way...thanks and good luck to Joe, Chris Blackwell and The Marlin...killer combo!

peace and chicken a la king

FUNKETEER

Thanks for all the support guys. Just so you know, I'm only there at a part time capacity. I'm really helping with these wednesday nights mainly and to help them set up a marketing infa-structure.. My main thing is still with Aquabooty and our footwork party. Its just real nice that the Marlin will give us all a place to hear more eclectic sounds. Things that not might fit in a normal Miami club. Ear candy, y'all!!

joe budious

So check it. The Marlin is also adding some multi media action for you. For example. For the King Britt show, we are taking the booths downstairs out for a proper basement style dance floor. In the uper level, we will have a video screen projecting king djing so the bar can see what is going on. Also, the lobby area will have increased sound for all the body jackers to do there thing on the terrazo floor(i guess thats ear candy). WHEW So get ready for some new action.

Joe B

Originally posted by demids

:lol

yes for the Britt i am coming on the 30th bro

Hey Demi, good to see you resurface on the board mate, I'm already gearing up for the 30th...which just so happens to be who's birthday?

:idea:

Mine! :eek:

peace and chicken casserole

FUNKETEER