Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who will be the new "King Of The Crobar 24 Patio"?

Guest saleen351

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by vipnerd

To each their own ... Dope is not a music nite ... it is cheese music to satisfy the crowd ...

IMO pathetic music ... selling yourself musically to satisfy a crowd ... no respect :rolleyes:

Happy B-day!!! :blank: :blank:

every 1 has there own opinion, imo i think crobar is the bomb, always stuffed even if it i cheese they still are the best club hands down. what would you rather have? 250 ppl there about the "music" or over 1,000 who just want to have a good time and spend money?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

imo crobar does a good job, and when they open up down town they are going to smoke every one. but thats just my opinion, nobody has to agree with me

Originally posted by pod

So someone created a new account just to say that...hmm.

Cite some names aside from Juan...who else locally is "worth a shit?"

Of course I signed up, I always read the post but never reply, I just thought it was time to put my 2 cents towards all this nonesence. Why don't you answer your own question? Who is worth a shit around here????? Not anybody you mentioned!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by eddyguerra305

every 1 has there own opinion, imo i think crobar is the bomb, always stuffed even if it i cheese they still are the best club hands down. what would you rather have? 250 ppl there about the "music" or over 1,000 who just want to have a good time and spend money?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

imo crobar does a good job, and when they open up down town they are going to smoke every one. but thats just my opinion, nobody has to agree with me

I hate to do it, but I have to agree w/ Eddy here. When I was at Crobar on a Thursday, Cedric was fine and the place was packed. Everyone was having fun. Even the corperate geek I brought with me.

Originally posted by postreply

Of course I signed up, I always read the post but never reply, I just thought it was time to put my 2 cents towards all this nonesence. Why don't you answer your own question? Who is worth a shit around here????? Not anybody you mentioned!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What I'm asking is who do you think is worth a shit? Just so I can see what page you're on.

I think that locally, people like Juan, Stefan, Jimmy T., Oscar, Roland, Ralph, are worth a shit.

From a certain perspective, Cedric is fine, he fills a void for parties that aren't DJ centric, and just need some filler basically. But pit him against a serious local like the ones I mentioned above, and there's no contest.

Originally posted by guyman1966

I hate to do it, but I have to agree w/ Eddy here. When I was at Crobar on a Thursday, Cedric was fine and the place was packed. Everyone was having fun. Even the corperate geek I brought with me.

:laugh: :laugh:

true! I havent been to Crobar on a Thursday since the Juicy parties and I always had a blast there.

Some people here have to accept that it's NOT always about the music.

Originally posted by postreply

:idea: It's funny that you guys think Cedric's sets are cheesy, and he plays to please the crowd. Yet, you're suggesting Juan Mejia for crobar24. I mean he's a nice guy and all, but the most underground he plays is "Eddie Amador". I could go to Blue on any night and listen to the same music. As far as the other guys, I could just listen to 93.1 and hear the same music. You’re not showing me anything with those names you're throwing out. If you guys are going to put someone down, at least compare them with people worth a shit. :idea:

hi cedric....welcome !!!!!!

Dude, accept where you live!!!! We're in Miami.....The commercial capitol of the world.. Don't judge a Dj by what he plays here. Yes it’s definitely just a job here. But don't tell me every Dj you mentioned doesn't play commercial. Go to NY, Chicago, or other parts of the world like Europe to listen to underground music, not Miami. If Dj's here play more than two records people don't recognize, everybody leaves the dance floor. Now, who do I think is worth a shit?? Guest Dj's like, Timo Maas, Steve Lawler, Danny Howells.. But even Dj's like these can't really hold a big crowd here. Miami is extremely uneducated when it comes to House Music!! It's all about Trance and Tiesto.. Personally I don't like Trance, I'm A house guy, but I don't knock any Dj I haven’t seen perform at his personal preference.......

Originally posted by eddyguerra305

listen its not about the place,crobar its a fucking awesome night club always packed ,great sound system....nice girls..i just think this guy is a bad dj..ive heard him a few times and always bad...like you said:its just my opinion,nobody has to agree with me...

btw i think youre doing a good job in maze!

Originally posted by blendprod

hi cedric....welcome !!!!!!

Yeah, of course you would think it's Cedric.. Like he doesn't have fans here. No one would stick up for him. Dude be for real!! Besides I'm not just defending Cedric, I'm also making a point that you guys have a personal issue with the guy.. You say he plays cheesy and for the croud, then you praise a guy that plays Funky House and puts people to sleep at where it should be a progressive main room(Crobar)!!

Was joking around when I mentioned him for the patio just cause I know he is bashed over on the board, but seriously I think the dude is overbashed. He does play some shit sets sometimes, but like I said before there are times he impresses and shows that he does have the talent just the crowd he plays to does not ask for him to drop the noncheesy set. Comparing him to roland or oscar g, though is a no no. Those guys are miles ahead of any other locals except for maybe jimmy t, but that doesn't change the fact that cedric is a pretty good dj that can play better than what he usually does. What I can say though is the guy does have a following in miami, whether its with the cheeseheads or not it exists and I think he could pack that patio in downtown given the chance. Regardless it doesn't matter, Sunday mornings belong to roland.

Oh I never said Miamians were "educated". Miami clubgoers are a frighteningly stupid lot sometimes...

Most of the DJs you mentioned are Space DJs though...except for Timo, but that may change, too.

You guys arent thinking Globally here.......

With NY opening, the rumors of Ft.Lauderdale and now Dowtown.

They are going to have a SICK list of Residents EVERYWHERE ALL WEEK.

And with the gay support, you will see Victor on the Patio, Plain Sick......

Ohh and Cedric is Nice to, another DJ who plays to the crowd, throw a bunch of "clubbers" in front of him and he will not play cheese......

Well, there is a fine balance between pleasing the crowd and being a total fool sell out. The total fool sell-out will sound like someone threw Tunnel Global Hyper Mega Trance Schwartz Volume XXXIII into the CDJ-1000. Whereas the staunch "educator" will only appeal to his friends on the dancefloor. You can be the staunch educator, while at the same time keep the crowd happy.

It's not really a matter of playing hit tracks, it's a matter of the overall sound. I could probably dig for a few hours and piece together a set of totally new material that would keep a Saturday crobar crowd happy....oh wait I can't mix, I'd pick 'em and let someone else do that. There's enough material out there to do that. Of course an occasional "hit" would be necessary, to get the weekenders on the dancefloor more often.

And I will agree with dekan's last post "fuck off"...wow, did hell freeze over? crobar has a fantastic marketing department, they've figured out how to remain solvent while still keeping a modicum of respectability...grant it they've lost some respect by letting all their guest DJs get snagged by Space 34, Maze and Nerve, but those are the breaks I guess to keep a big place like that up and running. They're making strides to try and get that back, but it's gonna be tough. The three other clubs that took away their guest DJ talent have totally got them locked with lucrative contracts and a willingness to pay their fees...crobar will have to work extra hard to bring them back, or find suitable replacements...

Victor Cauldarone

Peter Rauhoffer

Timo Mass

Josh Wink

Erick Morillo

Seb Fontaine

Edgar V

Scumfrog

In the last 2 months, Come on and With NYC open you dont think that will Draw the big name NYC djs...

Who is Snagged by Maze, Nerve and Space, please List.....

aside from circuit DJs...and Maze has Rauhofer BTW...crobar doesn't book the circuit DJs, that's the promoter at work.

Maze DJs that were at crobar at one point:

Tom Stephan

Nerve DJs that were at crobar:

Chris Fortier

Slacker

Quivver

Dave Seaman

Parks and Wilson (future)

big names there, at least.

And let's not forget the DJs that crobar had and let go to Space:

Steve Lawler

Danny Howells

Deep Dish

Lee Burridge (Spin technically, but still LP at the time)

Carl Cox (or so a little bird tells me)

Sander Kleinenberg

I'm just saying that crobar has a lot of work to do...even for the big NYC DJs, which have plenty of clubs down here to choose from, and plenty of clubs would pay them.

NEW venue NEW resident

Personally, I would loved to see someone like CRAIG DEMO

pick up a residency

Not only is he a bad ass DJ (anyone that has had the pleasure of hearing him will agree) He is always on the cutting edge and his style is like no other on the beach.

He is so far ahead of Miami.

I am surprised that he hasn't found a home somewhere yet. Besides that, have you ever seen him??? He's HOT!!! Any half way decent marketing director should pick up on that and market the hell out of him. When will Miami CATCH UP!!!!