OAKENFOLD @ nv

ogmiami

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by ogmiami

Why not? I got ya covered, Saleen....VIP all the way!

wooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooo

thanks man... AND DON'T SELL MY AUTOGRAPH ON EBAY!!!!:mad:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by ogmiami

Talk to the owners...they'll listen.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

guido anthems????

Originally posted by rampage23

33.11$ Come on, thats alot of money... but oakenfold fans would still pay that price..

CP reduced list ??? i second that :D :D

You can get tix at Uncle Sam's for $31. I'll see what we can do about a CP rduced list but only if Pod stops being so agressive.

Originally posted by lilliz77

are you guys actually into Jokenfold? Please say it isn't so.

:peeright: Jokenfold:peeleft:

He's just alright in my book. I got a recent live set of him in Pacha, Buenos Aires which is good though at times you think you are @ Mynt....almost same music they play there. :rolleyes:

The last time I saw Paul Oakenfold spin I thought the set was decent, but not as good as all the hype that surrounds him. I went to Icon this Wednesday expecting to have a good time, but I gotta admit – I had a great time! Both Paul and Liquid Todd truly rocked the house. Liquid Todd is an amazing DJ from New York. Started off his set with some nice midtempo and dubby House music by the likes of Royskopp. He started to pick up the tempo when he switched to Breaks, and his transitions were really good. He kept switching back and forth between straight beat and Breaks every few records, and the Breakbeat tracks he played were mainly on the Big Beat tip. Music by the likes of Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, or just simply quality Breaks that have a lot of energy. Every 20-30 mins Liquid Todd would get on the mic for a quick second getting the crowd all hyped up for Oakie.

Oakie started his set around 12:20 with an awesome Progressive Breaks track followed by a couple of Progressive House tunes, and a few Deep Trance tracks. Then he started to pick the tempo and he just dropped the hammer with Progressive Trance, full on Trance, Progressive House, a bit of party Techno, some more good Breaks, and even some Hard Dance. It’s like Oakie’s returned to the path of his glory days. It reminded me of his double CD, Resident – Two Years of Oakenfold at Cream.

So many quality tracks with highlights including Motorcycle “As The Rush Comes In†(it was great to hear part of the crowd chanting along!), as well as the Gabriel & Dresden remix to Oakie’s “Southern Sunâ€. He even managed to do the impossible – play an Avril Lavigne record and not make it sound cheesy! I’m talking about a progressive Breakbeat remix to “Im With Youâ€, which reminded of some of Rabbit In The Moon’s remixes.

Anyways, at 2:40 AM the lights go up and erverybody at the club just starts chanting “Oakie Oakie...†for a couple of minutes, then “Oakenfold, Oakenfold…†and “One More Song, One More Song…†for like 5 minutes. Paul was of course enjoying all this and he wanted to play some encores, but I guess the folks at Icon decided it was time to close shop for the night. Still, when was the last time you saw a crowd at a club in Orlando all scream together “One More Song†for 8 minutes straight?

Needless to say Paul Oakenfold was really enjoying himself throughout the night, the crowd was all very up for it, and a lot of people remained on the dancefloor for long periods of times b/c Oakie knew when to change the mood and the tempo. Oh yeah, his mixing skills were actually quite flawless.

If you’re a fan of the type of music you hear on the Global DJ Broadcast then RUN, don’t walk to this event. It’ll be worth of every penny.

Originally posted by lilliz77

Well I guess I give him credit for what he has contributed to the scene, but he's washed out and he needs to check his ego at the door.

I beg to differ I've met Oakey and spoken to him on more than one occassion and he has been nothing but a gentleman. Very nice person I might add...and while we're on the subject...wanna know who the real asshole's are: Tiesto, Talla just to name a few. Nice guys...Danny Howells - hung out with him during the WMC - very nice guy. Armin Van Buren is also a class act.

Originally posted by candyrollx69

That's funny. Those are my two fav djs.. I guess I like assholes :tongue::D

So I've read!!! LOL!!!:laugh: Yeah its unfortunate but its true. Met them both and they suck as human beings! Have no respect for them. Oakey, OG, Howells, PVD, AVB are all really nice guys! Gentlemen!!!!