Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Slacker Review

rcrespo

Slacker delivered as advertised as usual. Sick filthy basslines and some chuggin ass beats. He even played a few classics. A couple of crazy rock track re-edits, but as usual completely on point. It was nice to see Nerve full and people dancin and havin a good time. Got there around 2 no issues gettin' in thanks to Jon. :)

That Beyonce track sounded sick in there.

Jon and Marco thanks for bringin' Shem and bring him back soon. :)

Good to see like all of fuckin' CP out. It was nuts you guys were everywhere. Even Lee and Zuly were out which is amazin' its own right.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by rcrespo

Slacker delivered as advertised as usual. Sick filthy basslines and some chuggin ass beats. He even played a few classics. A couple of crazy rock track re-edits, but as usual completely on point. It was nice to see Nerve full and people dancin and havin a good time. Got there around 2 no issues gettin' in thanks to Jon. :)

That Beyonce track sounded sick in there.

Jon and Marco thanks for bringin' Shem and bring him back soon. :)

Good to see like all of fuckin' CP out. It was nuts you guys were everywhere. Even Lee and Zuly were out which is amazin' its own right.

Sorry I missed it....:(

all I can say is Slacker may be the most diverse, most innovative dj on the planet - ranging from banging house too huge "slackeresqe" basslines too some breaks, too errie tripped out samples too even the occasional rock and roll riff shem absolutely devastated Nerve Last night - for those of you there - thanks - for those who missed out, boy did you miss out. We had an absolute blast last night and the vibe was WICKED to say the least - top music all the way around from ariel baund, myself and then all hale too the mighty shem - can you say residency??:confused: - anyways - thanks again for making Nerve the destatnation of choice every friday - seeing this little place grow week in week out is like a dream come true - apparently the 23rd street magic does still live on - anyways - thanks too all and I welcome your reviews, thoughts, and comments....

thankyou

Jon Cowan

don't forget - friday aug 1st - QUIVVER

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I didn't stick around long enough to really give slacker a chance but JC threw down a really nice set. Not to much of that overkill bam bam bam bassline that I hate.

thanks for the compliments lee - last night was amazing - I wish I had known that you were there - I would have loved to have had a drink with you - anyways, thanks for the support as well as the kind words - it really was a blast in there last night wasn't it? Are you starting to agree with what we are all feeling from that liittle room? well, looks like the future is bright - glad you enjoyed and hope too see you on a regular basis

all the best

Jon

very good night, even enjoyed Jon Cowan's selections this time (arrived too late to hear Ariel), Slacker was great, definitely my kind of techy prog and stuff, though I think he was having a hard time reading the crowd, or finding the right groove, but excellent anyway for sure, though I bet he'll do better next time

suggestion to Nerve, they should extend the wall that hides the exit door all the way past the dj booth to also hide the front entrance, make people walk all the way to the back bar on the way in, or something like that, the way it is now you walk straight in to the dancefloor which kind of kills that part of the floor, that is unless the floor is packed, which doesn't always happen

really enjoyed Slacker's set .. Agoria , The Hives , Frankie Knuckles, Infusion! , and I think heard a slacker track or two in there. : )

I think he would make a great resident. He really rocks the house everytime he plays. Miami could only benefit from having him play here more often.

Originally posted by rcrespo

really enjoyed Slacker's set .. Agoria , The Hives , Frankie Knuckles, Infusion! , and I think heard a slacker track or two in there. : )

I think he would make a great resident. He really rocks the house everytime he plays. Miami could only benefit from having him play here more often.

agreed - shem is the man - aren't all the agoria tracks fucking amazing - such a sound they have - one of my fav. prouducers at the minute...

Last night was great indeed. Loooooots of CPers in the house. It is so rewarding to see people supporting the cause (of true quality music) and having a BLAST in the process... Lots of smiles all over the place.

Slacker's the man. :aright:

Many great things to come for Nerve... A little revolution is coming our way.

Best to all. See you this Thursday. Show some love... on the dancefloor. Like it is.

:D:D:D:D

Awesome night out, the vibe was amazing. Got really trashed earlier at Mynt, but got just on time for Slacker. Nerve was packed with a really nice crowd. And their staff is :aright:, did you guys see that cocktail waitress in the vip? :eek: How come no cigarettes in the premises?:confused: