Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory Fridays Are Back

Originally posted by kaligirl

Okay what the hell do glow sticks have to do with anything?? :rolleyes:

I am not saying that you have to listen to a certain type of music to do drugs. But it is almost a fact that drug use inside a hip hop club is at a very minimum compared to lets say SF.

And might I ask what club you were in that you saw this?? Were you carring glowsticks around? Did they enable you to see the pills being passed around?

:laugh: :laugh:

actualy its not KITTYs proclaimation that there is a true connection because even the city of new your already tryed- if they didnt get it yet-

to pass bill stating there will be NO glow product sales or use

and any manhattan venues:eek:

what a crock right?

they said this is because their studies have shown a big enough connection

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by caponeslistao

I REALLY CANT HANDLE LISTENING TO TECH,TRANCE,HOUSE,AND TRIBAL 5 HOURS STRAIGHT.THAS ONLY GOOD IF YOUR ON DRUGS WITCH I DONT DO

thats a dumb statement

I love hip hop. My fav song is the new D Block 2 Guns Up...But i also love tribal and house and trance and vocals and tech and whatever else. I LOVE MUSIC. BUT-- i cant stand having both on the same floor...here's why--

I've been to clubs that split the music on the floor. Everytime the hip hop comes on, people go crazy. But when the house comes back on-- people boo, and usually yell "Shut off this TECHNO bullshit!" (b/c you know how everyone in hip hop thinks we all listen to techno :laugh:

To get to the point, I've never heard house heads yelling, Shut this fuckin gangsta shoot em up shit off...I dont wanna hear what car u drive with 32 inch rims or how long ur chain is and how many diamonds it has--

Hip hop is bigger here than dance music. You'll find many more heads that love house and appriciate hip hop than you will hip hop heads that appriciate house. So when you put em together, we gotta deal with these assholes who try to make u feel like a loser b/c you like a music that isnt mass marketed like hip hop is.

No beef against hip hop...as i said, I love it. Just not on the same floor as house.

Sorry to go off topic-- Good luck to Dee and everyone else involved with the party. Riz is one of my fav dj's.

Mike

Wasnt hip hop at factory on fridays b4 also. I perosnally prefer old school hip hop from around 78- till maybe 93,94,95. After that please no thanks. Thats why im never in the basement of WEBSTERHALL its all about HOUSE MUSIC for me. I agree i ahte it when people ask what clubs i go to and they say "WORD YOU LIKE, TECHNO , TRANCE" i tell them no i like HOUSE MUSIC, and then have to explain a few things and then i get bored lol.

hiphop can be played on the same floor as house if its that garbage u hear on KTU with all the same beats over a different bitch doing some crappy vocals...if its good house like u would hear at Centro Fly it would never work...i used to love hiphop...now its in a sad sad state...every song is either 50 cent or sean paul....its so frigin pathetic...also there way way way more fights in clubs that play hiphop cause u have all these scumbags in there that try to act like the rappers themselves with their chains that they spent their meger salaries on just to look like they got some cash....throwback jerseys and shit...ughh im nauseas thinking about it...hiphop also appeals to younger people for the most part

dont want to offend anyone but u got it all wrong...hip hop is not going down at all...its going UP and i Know this is off topic but oh well...Hip Hop was the number 1 selling genre this year and for the past few years...NOT HOUSE!! Hip Hop is the main music in almost every upscale club...doesnt that tell u something?? and Hip Hop and House can be played on the same dance floor...it works on LI and out in the Hamptons...why cant it work?? Cause all the E-heads will have a hard time tripping out to hip hop???? Please gimme a break...And for the comment thats going to come out about Hip Hop and drugs I dont want to hear it!!! Yes there are drugs everywhere but theres a REASON why SF and Exit keep getting shut down lmao...figure it out for yourselves...

And personally I think SF is going to fail anyway...It will do good the first week..and then once everyone sees what its about they are not going to come back...the hip hop crowd is not going to want to deal with the House kids and vice versa...Exit tried and is trying the same thing and its empty, prob one reason is cause its so damn big...Plus its the summertime NYC nightlife does not do well in the summer so its going to be tough...

Originally posted by joecrack13

hiphop can be played on the same floor as house if its that garbage u hear on KTU with all the same beats over a different bitch doing some crappy vocals...if its good house like u would hear at Centro Fly it would never work...i used to love hiphop...now its in a sad sad state...every song is either 50 cent or sean paul....its so frigin pathetic...also there way way way more fights in clubs that play hiphop cause u have all these white niggas in there that try to act like the rappers themselves with their chains that they spent their meger salaries on just to look like they got some cash...its called nigga rich...throwback jerseys and shit...ughh im nauseas thinking about it...hiphop also appeals to younger people for the most part

hip hop appeals to younger ppl???? lol thats why SF and Exit were always filled with 15 y/o's lol

I have to disagree with you there...look at the House crowd its filled with the new generation cause its the only damn ppl who understand it...

AND actually...MOST UPSCALE!!!! clubs play hip hop its not filled with as you incorrectly categorized it as "nigga rich" ppl its filled wtih classy people looking to have a good time and not trip out to jungle music and instead listen to music with WORDS AND LYRICS and DIFFERENT BEATS! but u can go on thinking ignorantly...like i said look at where the trouble lies...At SF and Exit...not at the hip hop clubs...

Your statement is very racist and ignorant Im sorry to offend you but its my opinion just like that is your opinion but you shouldnt categorize ppl like that "meger salaries" and "throwback jerseys"

tsk tsk:nono:

Originally posted by joecrack13

hiphop can be played on the same floor as house if its that garbage u hear on KTU with all the same beats over a different bitch doing some crappy vocals...if its good house like u would hear at Centro Fly it would never work...i used to love hiphop...now its in a sad sad state...every song is either 50 cent or sean paul....its so frigin pathetic...also there way way way more fights in clubs that play hiphop cause u have all these white niggas in there that try to act like the rappers themselves with their chains that they spent their meger salaries on just to look like they got some cash...its called nigga rich...throwback jerseys and shit...ughh im nauseas thinking about it...hiphop also appeals to younger people for the most part

Nigga rich?

No comment...

Kids these days...

Originally posted by sexybeautiful

look at where the trouble lies...At SF and Exit...not at the hip hop clubs...

i agree with most of what u said but this statement is a joke..

Right-- B/c I see riots all the time when JP plays the garth dub or when draper rocked Oompa Loompa.

Saying there's no trouble at hip hop clubs is like saying the Pope is jewish

Okay sure--they have drug issues, but what would u rather deal with--zombies on drugs or shootouts and knife fights...?

Im not tryin to generalize that ALL hip hop clubs have drama b/c they dont...But tell me my ass would be safe going to club speed this sunday to see the Lox perform and i'll meet you there :D

if anyone remembers, they used to have hip hop nights at the Tunnel.

not that i'm a hip hop fan when i go out, but its a business and if they think they can fill the club friday nights and make money off of it then let them, lord knows they arent doing shit with fridays now.

actually, most upscale clubs play Top 40 music...whatever that may be at the moment, not exclusively rap, and a club labeled as "upscale" just means that drinks will cost double, not that the venue is better than any other particular venue.

AND actually...MOST UPSCALE!!!! clubs play hip hop its not filled with as you incorrectly categorized it as "nigga rich" ppl its filled wtih classy people looking to have a good time and not trip out to jungle music and instead listen to music with WORDS AND LYRICS and DIFFERENT BEATS! but u can go on thinking ignorantly...like i said look at where the trouble lies...At SF and Exit...not at the hip hop clubs...

hip hop appeals to younger ppl???? lol thats why SF and Exit were always filled with 15 y/o's lol

I have to disagree with you there...look at the House crowd its filled with the new generation cause its the only damn ppl who understand it...

Your statement is very racist and ignorant Im sorry to offend you but its my opinion just like that is your opinion but you shouldnt categorize ppl like that "meger salaries" and "throwback jerseys"

tsk tsk:nono:

Question: Do you ever feel the undeniable impulse to be violated in the most horrible ways by wild horses? Cuz it sure seems like that to me. Tell us, just how far can that Brahma bull cock fit up that skanky asshole of yours? :aright:

I second that notion!!!!

I THINK WE ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO LIKE THE MIX OF BOTH HOUSE AND HIP HOP ON ON THE MAIN FLOOR.

WHATS UP WITH THAT?? I NEED A MIX, I HAVE HAD MORE FUN AT CLUBS THAT MIXED MUSIC ..LIKE DISCOTHQUE,CODA,ARENA,DECADES,GO,FLOAT,AND THE OLD SCHOOL PALADIUM NYC MAY IT REST IN PEACE, THEN EXIT AND SF PLAYING THE SAME HARD BEATS ALL NIGHT DONT GET ME WRONG I LIKE HOUSE BUT I NEED BOTH.

As far as I'm concerned, hip-hop has been pretty much dead for a few years now. For a club to say they are playing hip-hop they should just tell people to turn on Hot 97. If a club/venue decides to have a night dedicated to hip-hop DJs (i.e. turntablists), that's cool. There's a lot to be learned from hip-hop. What was once a social voice has been turned into a corporate-drenched bragging festival. I think we as club goers should be less angry with the clubs for playing hip-hop than with the "DJs" who are spinning it. So to the DJs: try something new, explore hip-hop for what it's meant to be, hell, even trace its connection to techno (yes, it exists).

Originally posted by fuclubkidd

yea cause the fighting that goes on at hip hop parties is just wonderful...gimme a break please

and if u honestly think there are not drugs going on at a hip hop party walk into the bathroom and pop ur head into one of the stalls

Etienne! :D

Like there is not fighting in other clubs as well. There is always some juice head that has beef with another juice head. Please.......

I never said there was no drug use in hip hop clubs. I said it was a small amount compared to the likes of SF. I also stated when was the last time you ever saw anyone at a hip hop club doing bumps or K or G. I am sure there are some idiots that are popping pills because Ja Rule glamorized the whole "e" thing. But honestly the drug use in hip hop clubs is just not comparable to the use in other clubs!

Originally posted by whatsupcuz

I THINK THIS PARTY SHOULD BE HOT. I LIKE THAT RIZ AND SIZZAHANDZ IS GONNA BE DJING.

I THINK ITS A BETTER PARTY WHEN YOU MIX THE MUSIC ON THE MAIN FLOOR

you're a sad mess of pop culture influence...

Originally posted by dbolboy

you gotta realize that hip hop is soooooooooo much bigger in the usa that house/trance will ever be. hip hop is where is the money is for these places. i dont like hip hop personally but i do know that people tend to go where the money is...... how many times have these clubs tried house/trance, and the party had to close 2 months later.

Wrong!!!

trance will catch on one day, its just not around or publicized enough, i give it 8 years itll by then have blown hip hop outta the water, in the last 2 years the amount of trance/ house/techno listeners in america has grown 10fold no doubt, i get people hooked left and right

just trying to be one of the many missionarys....

but not to get in a fight... im glad you like house trance better :)