Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory Fridays Are Back

Originally posted by kaligirl

Like there is not fighting in other clubs as well. There is always some juice head that has beef with another juice head. Please.......

I never said there was no drug use in hip hop clubs. I said it was a small amount compared to the likes of SF. I also stated when was the last time you ever saw anyone at a hip hop club doing bumps or K or G. I am sure there are some idiots that are popping pills because Ja Rule glamorized the whole "e" thing. But honestly the drug use in hip hop clubs is just not comparable to the use in other clubs!

the sweet uplifting music is not one to make boys toil :)

ive seen half a fight at a house trance club, people go there to have a good time, at this mixed hip hop / house club i used to go to the hip hop room people would go to fight alotta them and thats where all the bouncers would be,

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by caponeslistao

I THINK WE ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO LIKE THE MIX OF BOTH HOUSE AND HIP HOP ON ON THE MAIN FLOOR.

WHATS UP WITH THAT?? I NEED A MIX, I HAVE HAD MORE FUN AT CLUBS THAT MIXED MUSIC ..LIKE DISCOTHQUE,CODA,ARENA,DECADES,GO,FLOAT,AND THE OLD SCHOOL PALADIUM NYC MAY IT REST IN PEACE, THEN EXIT AND SF PLAYING THE SAME HARD BEATS ALL NIGHT DONT GET ME WRONG I LIKE HOUSE BUT I NEED BOTH.

lol I know!!!! I like house too...but to an extent actually I like trance cause i need vocals...but i cant stand hard beats all night I need to mix it up and I dont think we are the only ones cause many popular succesful clubs like you mentioned are doing just that...MIXING music

Originally posted by embodiedhate

Question: Do you ever feel the undeniable impulse to be violated in the most horrible ways by wild horses? Cuz it sure seems like that to me. Tell us, just how far can that Brahma bull cock fit up that skanky asshole of yours? :aright:

Im sorry I couldnt understand a word you were saying...and you know what I really dont care...cause your statement made absolutely no sense and all it was was a very poor attempt to degrade other people over a message board post!!! So keep your twisted comments to yourself...next time you open your mouth make some sense!

Lets see=

tons of people on the site HATE these hip hop parties. What happens?

they are the biggest and most successful parties in the city.

tons of people on the site LOVE the SF, Sexy Roxy Friday type parties. What happens?

They all BOMB, go out of business and have to change to hip hop.

you do the math.

DRESS CODE/PRETTY PEOPLE SHIT JUST DOES NOT WORK AT A CLUB IN NYC. PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Originally posted by 555-1212

Lets see=

tons of people on the site HATE these hip hop parties. What happens?

they are the biggest and most successful parties in the city.

tons of people on the site LOVE the SF, Sexy Roxy Friday type parties. What happens?

They all BOMB, go out of business and have to change to hip hop.

you do the math.

DRESS CODE/PRETTY PEOPLE SHIT JUST DOES NOT WORK AT A CLUB IN NYC. PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Nobody is being too picky - i'd have to say a good 99% of the guys that go to factory on a sat/sunday wear sneakers there - they just dont want ghetto children ... this I witnessed on Sunday morning when i get there and they were turning away about 4 ghetto looking kids for whatever 'dress code' reason they found, while letting the kids right behind them who were rocking addidas pants and sneakers rite in.

I'm sorry, I hate hip hop, I hate the culture associated with it, and as popular as it may be as a genre of music around here, its still not something that someone cane make much money off simply because most (NOT ALL) of the people that listen to it just dont have the liquid capital to go out and spend $40 to get into a club EVERY WEEK like many clubbers do, and then drop money for drinks on top of that.

sad to say, but my call is that you'll be seeing the hip/hop at Factory going away soon (from what i hear they are pulling about 1000people a nite on a GOOD nite - including the ppl that come to hear the house music upstairs), and I dont see the friday party at facotyr lasting too long either, unless they turn in into a house party.

only hope for friday nites in the city is if Sexy @ the roxy comes back, or if someone can do things the rite way at either exit or sf sometime soon.

Originally posted by berniec

only hope for friday nites in the city is if Sexy @ the roxy comes back, or if someone can do things the rite way at either exit or sf sometime soon.

im sorry but sexy will get shut down the same way SF and exit did...and if exit and sf were to be done the "rite way" cause what you are defining as the "rite way" im assuming is their old house party...iit will be nothing but trouble...the cops will eat it alive and it will get raided...they tried to bring it back and even with the city doing security the drugs were still a tremendous problem...all the e heads ruined it for the people that truly enjoy house music for what it is...no one will ever try it again and if they do they are playing with fire...

i have to add something that in my opinion

either no one has come up with

or just out with for what ever reason

its my honest opion that

as of now - no matter what type party is held at

SF

EXIT

and ROXY

none of them will last-

no matter how much promo or help it gets-

and thats mainly because it has nothing even close the

the managment - that it had (back in the day)

and thats y it will 4ever be known as BACK IN THE DAY

cause thats over with-

as great as the future parties may turn out to be for a short time- it just will not last

Originally posted by sexybeautiful

im sorry but sexy will get shut down the same way SF and exit did...and if exit and sf were to be done the "rite way" cause what you are defining as the "rite way" im assuming is their old house party...iit will be nothing but trouble...the cops will eat it alive and it will get raided...they tried to bring it back and even with the city doing security the drugs were still a tremendous problem...all the e heads ruined it for the people that truly enjoy house music for what it is...no one will ever try it again and if they do they are playing with fire...

sorry hun, but your wrong on this one.

Exit got shut down b/c of drugs yes, they re-opened about 4 weeks later and continued on with their house party.

-Factory got shut down b/c of drugs at their SAT NITE/SUNDAY party, and they reopened 2 weeks after they got shut down (February 22, 2003- happy b/day to me :))

Factory has been open ever since, with minimal problems, other then the occassional arrest, but that happens at just about any club in the city.

Factory stopped having their friday party b/c (as i heard, and i will admit some of this could be wrong) one of the people involved with it got cought up in a drug sting bust and the owner of factory just didnt want to appear as if he was condoning anything, and the party wasnt pulling great numbers to begin with. Some of the promoters that were involved in that party then 'moved' the Mix party over to Exit, where it spent about 2 months until they dropped it b/c it wasnt pulling numbers - neither party got shut down because of anyone doing drugs at the venues.

Factory Sundays are still going strong, and thats a testimant to the fact that you CAN have a successful dance party at a nyc venue.

not to jump down your throat, but get ur facts straight before you go posting bullshit that you know nothing about.

im sorry but sexy will get shut down the same way SF and exit did...and if exit and sf were to be done the "rite way" cause what you are defining as the "rite way" im assuming is their old house party...iit will be nothing but trouble...the cops will eat it alive and it will get raided...they tried to bring it back and even with the city doing security the drugs were still a tremendous problem...all the e heads ruined it for the people that truly enjoy house music for what it

SEXYBEAUTIFUL, I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU ON THE SEXY AT THE ROXY PARTY/ I WAS THERE EVERY FRIDAY AND WE REALLY NEVER HAD A BIG DRUG OR COPS PROBLEM THERE ONLY AT THE END WHEN THE INTERNATIONAL DJ STARTED SPINNING THERE. THAT IS WHEN THE CROWN CHANGED.

I FELT THAT PARTY WAS MAINLY A DRINKING CROWED

Originally posted by caponeslistao

SEXYBEAUTIFUL, I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU ON THE SEXY AT THE ROXY PARTY/ I WAS THERE EVERY FRIDAY AND WE REALLY NEVER HAD A BIG DRUG OR COPS PROBLEM THERE ONLY AT THE END WHEN THE INTERNATIONAL DJ STARTED SPINNING THERE. THAT IS WHEN THE CROWN CHANGED.

I FELT THAT PARTY WAS MAINLY A DRINKING CROWED

actually roxy CLOSED because they werent making enough money off the bar with the house crowd being their main customers, people werent drinking so roxy couldnt afford to stay open thats why it closed...

Originally posted by berniec

sorry hun, but your wrong on this one.

Exit got shut down b/c of drugs yes, they re-opened about 4 weeks later and continued on with their house party.

-Factory got shut down b/c of drugs at their SAT NITE/SUNDAY party, and they reopened 2 weeks after they got shut down (February 22, 2003- happy b/day to me :))

Factory has been open ever since, with minimal problems, other then the occassional arrest, but that happens at just about any club in the city.

Factory stopped having their friday party b/c (as i heard, and i will admit some of this could be wrong) one of the people involved with it got cought up in a drug sting bust and the owner of factory just didnt want to appear as if he was condoning anything, and the party wasnt pulling great numbers to begin with. Some of the promoters that were involved in that party then 'moved' the Mix party over to Exit, where it spent about 2 months until they dropped it b/c it wasnt pulling numbers - neither party got shut down because of anyone doing drugs at the venues.

Factory Sundays are still going strong, and thats a testimant to the fact that you CAN have a successful dance party at a nyc venue.

not to jump down your throat, but get ur facts straight before you go posting bullshit that you know nothing about.

Ok i do know alot about this topic ACTUALLY...sooo first of all the only way SF was allowed to open back up was if the city did their security thats number 1...number 2 the big problem with SF Fridays was the owner correct...the drug bust u are referring to is the fact the OWNER was selling drugs to his customers INSIDE the club and he was allowing kids to sell drugs inside as long as they gave him a cut of the profits so YES SF had a drug problem on Fridays...And they moved the party to Exit and it sucks! the place is too big they cant pack it out and they are losing alot of money, they had to fire half their promoters but anyway...

I never said NYC could not have a successful dance party...I am all for DANCE music and I wish there was a club I could go to where they played such music...Exit and SF in my opinion is not dance music but jungle music and that is SOLEY my opinion cause I KNOW a million ppl are gonna jump down my throat telling me its house or trance :blah: I ike dance parties with vocals and no drugs but I dont think we'll ever see that either...anyway I just wanted to let you know that I do know alot about this and just wanted to clarify what I was talking about...

and please its my opinion! lets not jump down my throat...keep it a friendly post!

Ok i do know alot about this topic ACTUALLY...sooo first of all the only way SF was allowed to open back up was if the city did their security thats number 1...number 2 the big problem with SF Fridays was the owner correct...the drug bust u are referring to is the fact the OWNER was selling drugs to his customers INSIDE the club and he was allowing kids to sell drugs inside as long as they gave him a cut of the profits so YES SF had a drug problem on Fridays...And they moved the party to Exit and it sucks! the place is too big they cant pack it out and they are losing alot of money, they had to fire half their promoters but anyway...

I never said NYC could not have a successful dance party...I am all for DANCE music and I wish there was a club I could go to where they played such music...Exit and SF in my opinion is not dance music but jungle music and that is SOLEY my opinion cause I KNOW a million ppl are gonna jump down my throat telling me its house or trance :blah: I ike dance parties with vocals and no drugs but I dont think we'll ever see that either...anyway I just wanted to let you know that I do know alot about this and just wanted to clarify what I was talking about...

and please its my opinion! lets not jump down my throat...keep it a friendly post!

Alright, i just sat here and read this entire damn thread, and right now i really want the last 10 minutes of my life back. This is a pointless argument in the first place, and Sexybeautiful refuses to acknowledge anyone elses points so its really useless to keep this shit up.

The truth is their are drugs at hip hop clubs, get over it. If you want to call it "minimal" compared to SF, then thats a bullshit statement, but fine. The truth is their is alot more violence at hip hop clubs, and personally that matters more to me than some k'd out kid sitting in the corner staring at his hand.

And no, i dont expect you know alot about the issue, for the simple reason that you are far too one sided on the issue.

I never said NYC could not have a successful dance party...I am all for DANCE music and I wish there was a club I could go to where they played such music...Exit and SF in my opinion is not dance music but jungle music and that is SOLEY my opinion cause I KNOW a million ppl are gonna jump down my throat telling me its house or trance I ike dance parties with vocals and no drugs but I dont think we'll ever see that either...anyway I just wanted to let you know that I do know alot about this and just wanted to clarify what I was talking about...

~love me...hate me...either way I'm on your mind and worth your time, but don't even try to judge me cause your small mind can't comprehend me~

*thank you and have a nice day!*

i totally agree :aright:

Ok i do know alot about this topic ACTUALLY...sooo first of all the only way SF was allowed to open back up was if the city did their security thats number 1...number 2 the big problem with SF Fridays was the owner correct...the drug bust u are referring to is the fact the OWNER was selling drugs to his customers INSIDE the club

no, not actually. First of all the city NEVER was running the security at factory, a judge simply gave them certain guidelines they had to follow (drug dog - owned by SF not the NYPD) at the door, some new security people, etc. THEY DID NOT TAKE OVER SECURITY AT THE CLUB.

Richard Grant was never charged with the sale of drugs, there was a rumor that he was cought selling to an undercover when they first got shut down but that was just taht, a rumor. The person who got busted was a promoter for the friday party - NOT an employee of factory.

honestly it sounds like you are just spreading rumors and really dont know much about all of this...or your sources are just misinformed

Originally posted by dirtyepic18

And no, i dont expect you know alot about the issue, for the simple reason that you are far too one sided on the issue.

im not one sided...im expressing my opinion on BOTH issues...its just that my preference leans towards hip hop...everyone has a preference its not about being one sided...im actually very openminded and if i didnt care to listen to what others said I wouldnt bother being a part of this message board...goodness gracious its just an opinion im entitled...

I never said hip hop clubs didnt have fights...they do...but i was discussing why exit and sf got closed down...

please dont pass judgement on me or anyone else you dont know its just a message board...

I just wonder how many of you nuthugging "ALL HIP HOP" lovers would BE Hip Hop lovers if this wasnt the MTV generation

Believe me, if MTV and the radio were playing NEW House (not the bubble gum KTU nonsense) there would be less Hip Hop

Originally posted by stevepsych

I just wonder how many of you nuthugging "ALL HIP HOP" lovers would BE Hip Hop lovers if this wasnt the MTV generation

Believe me, if MTV and the radio were playing NEW House (not the bubble gum KTU nonsense) there would be less Hip Hop

Maybe its also because of the huge history black america has in America? Hmmm, i dunno...but I think that could be it too.

Originally posted by djinnom

Maybe its also because of the huge history black america has in America? Hmmm, i dunno...but I think that could be it too.

that was by far the dumbest response to a post I have ever seen in my life. If that were in any way true, then Hip Hop would have blown up when it first started. Its blowing up because its trendy. Look at all the lounges in NYC that are going all Hip Hop, its mostly white people.

Lets take for example an artist like 50 Cent. An Underground rapper for god knows how long, until MTV started playing his shit cause Dre and Eminem produced it. Hot 97 plays a song with 50 Cent in it MINIMUM 3-4 times an hour. Now hes a platinum selling artist, and 8 of his songs are in the Top 100. Does this have anything to do with black history?

Originally posted by djinnom

ok being half african

and havein FULL attention to the roots beliefes and history my

"my people"

i dont understand how that has anything to do with it?

can you explain it alittle? i might be missing something