Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar Broke? Not Opening? In Deep S**t

Is this true?? I heard that they are broke...the builder now owns the company, and the building that they were gonna open in failed to get the necessary certification...

If this is accurate, it must suck to be them.....I wonder what happened??

Originally posted by captadv

Is this true?? I heard that they are broke...the builder now owns the company, and the building that they were gonna open in failed to get the necessary certification...

not true

July 22, 2003 -- THE opening of New York's Crobar has been delayed until fall, if in fact the nightclub opens at all. Crobar, which already has outposts in South Beach and Chicago, was slated to open last May on far West 28th Street. But its multimillion dollar construction is behind schedule and co-owners Ken Smith (a.k.a. Ken Barlich) and Cal Fortes, who found the space with the help of former Club King Peter Gatien, are stretched financially, having paid $60,000 a month rent for over a year, sources say. Their contractor, who is being paid with equity in the club, is said to be demanding a bigger share of the business - big enough to shrink the profits of Smith and Fortes. Meanwhile, Ken and Cal, charming as they are, have acquired a reputation here of not returning phone calls. "They only pick up the phone when they need something," said an associate. Calls to the Crobars in New York and Miami were not returned.

Originally posted by captadv

I love these pople who read something on of all places Page six, and they say i heard this that and another thing!!

Don't try and be someone you are not, say you read it in the post

Originally posted by chris817

I love these pople who read something on of all places Page six, and they say i heard this that and another thing!!

Don't try and be someone you are not, say you read it in the post

you ever stop and think that maybe someone who read it in the post told this person who in turn posted it here?

Ever stop and think that maybe some "people" don't want Crobar opening up here? Where do you think all these rumors stem from? It's fucking pathetic.

The re-grand opening of the Chicago Crobar is coming soon after millions of dollars in renovations.

The owners were also contemplating buying the old Space in Miami, which would be a great move.

Sure sounds like they're really broke.

BTW, both Ken and Cal have great reps in both Chicago and Miami. So they decide to open up a club in New York and they become scumbags???? NOT!!!! Looks like the work of a few greedy NY scumbags (hmmmm wonder who they could be) feeding the press false info just to make them look bad.

Originally posted by skince55

you ever stop and think that maybe someone who read it in the post told this person who in turn posted it here?

No not really, b/c if a friend had told me that i would of asked where did you hear that from?