Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My message to the DUMB HNIC Phil Michaels and 93.1

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

HOW CAN YOU PUT ON THE RADIO THAT "SATISFACTION" IS "NEW" AND "ELCULSIVE ONLY TO PARTY 93.1"?????????????????????????????????????/

PHIL YOU ARE A DUMB NIGGA... THAT TRACK HAS BEEN OUT FOR SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG AND IT IS NOT ELCULSIVE IT'S ALREADY PLAYED OUT IN NYC.......

PS TRACK BLOWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

YOU HURT THE SCENE, YOU DON'T HELP, I HOPE SOMEONE BLOWS UP YOUR ANTENNAS....

BUYING ME A IPOD.... GOODBYE 93.1.....

Saleen, do you know of any other station in Miami (not New York) that is playing "Satisfaction" in regular rotation? There's a reason why it's billed as exclusive.

How exactly is Party, and specifically Phil, hurting the Miami scene by playing the song? Check out some of the POP stations in the UK at the moment. Even they're playing the damn record, and the song is number 2 in the Pop charts over there. I guess the UK scene is hurt pretty badly too huh?

Personally it's not one of my fav tracks, though the Steve Murano remix is nice. Still, it's a big record that's crossing over and that's why Party is playing it.

Whether you realize it or not most of Miami doesn't go to the WMC, doesn't go clubbin in Miami every weekend, and even if they do many of them either end up in the Hip Hop clubs, or are too drunk to remember what they heard at Space and Maze.

Take a look at the number of people who post on this board and compare it the number of people who live in Miami, who go clubbin, or just live on the beach. Most ppl obviously don't post on this or any other Dance board, and most ppl need to hear a song more than a few times to get into it.

So yeah "Satisfaction" has been playing for months in some of the better Miami clubs, crossed over to some of your Lauderdale clubs, and its also been played at lounges, and many of the fashion and CD stores. Doesn't mean everybody knows about the record.

Guest saleen351

1. its only exclusive in south florida, cause the track is horrible and cheese... KTU has jr vasquez and the ktu dance factory which blows 93.1 away.. Yea global underground is good, but it's on sunday nights...

2. I"ve never heard satisfaction in a club, lounge etc. No respectable place would play it. I haven't even heard it in lauderdale..

3. It hurts the scene but not exposing the scene.

4. I fully understand the station isn't marketed to us, but there is so many new good tunes they can play.

5. I'm not saying, don't play satisfaction, but calling it exclusive is fucking bull shit and it tricks people into thinking you can only hear it in miami and on 93.1.... If they marketed the song as a track that has blown up in NYC and the UK it would be better than bsing us..

6. UK is euroooooooooooo trash, i don't care about a thing over there... I"m american and i don't follow what the euro trash crowd does.

7. 93.1 over all is a joke... they will soon have to switch out that g & d remix, since the record has got to worn out since they play it every 5 minutes... I was in the shower shaved and heard it, got dressed, put my suit on for work, and went back in the bathroom to get my cell phone and my radio was still on, and guess what they played it again!!!

The Archos is by far the best player I have ever seen. I have used it in person, My friend brought one here from Switzerland liek 4 months aho and I was blown away by it. He had like 5 full length movies on it, he watched on the air plane , all his photos from a 2 month trip, and about 200 hours of music from sets he DJ'd

Oh yeah also, before I forget :jacked:

Originally posted by saleen351

you cant jog or go to the gym with it, so whats the point? I watch movies on my TV:idea:

Well, it's portable enough for you to jog or go to the gym with...about the size of a Palm Pilot. The screen can be used for movies, but it's really for the overall interface...the iPod fails miserably in the interface department...another example of Apple's whole form over function philosophy..."oh, let's make it so it matches people's decor!" .... yeah, at the expense of performance and price...

Besides, the Archos will run with almost anything, whereas the iPod is just windows and macos...and the windows implementation is shoddy.

Here we go again...

Phil Michaels does not need me to defend him at all. His reputation in the radio industry is one of complete competance and integrity.

That said, I will add this:

I have worked with both Phil and Buster at 93.1 and have never met two people who care more about the acene than they do. Who else has brought you Tiesto, BT, DaRude and others for free? They have supported every Dance Music promoter and event whenever asked.

The playlist may not appeal to everyone, but they try to balance the commercial crap with the more "progressive". The bottom line is that they need to appeal to a broader audience than that of this board.

Phil, keep doing what you're doing...

Dade

Originally posted by ogmiami

Here we go again...

Phil Michaels does not need me to defend him at all. His reputation in the radio industry is one of complete competance and integrity.

That said, I will add this:

I have worked with both Phil and Buster at 93.1 and have never met two people who care more about the acene than they do. Who else has brought you Tiesto, BT, DaRude and others for free? They have supported every Dance Music promoter and event whenever asked.

The playlist may not appeal to everyone, but they try to balance the commercial crap with the more "progressive". The bottom line is that they need to appeal to a broader audience than that of this board.

Phil, keep doing what you're doing...

Dade

you got alot guts comin on here talking like that to "the saleen"

Originally posted by ogmiami

I really don't know about that, there are a lot of people who might enjoy dance music if it weren't for the way it's represented on 93.1 as mindless bubblegum kiddie crap, you get more substance, and variety from your average top 40 station, 93.1 makes it seem like dance music is for people who don't get top 40 because it's too intellectual and not cartoonish enough, now your average rock and roll radio listener appreciates the music on the rock stations 'cause it has more substance than top 40, why can't a radio station market dance music the same way, as a superior more substantial alternative to cheesy top 40

anyway all commercial radio stations suck, period, the FM license is so expensive that nobody can afford to use it to experiment a little, radio playlists are determined by fear, fear of losing listeners, as opposed to trying to entertain people as much as possible

Originally posted by eKiTeL

I really don't know about that, there are a lot of people who might enjoy dance music if it weren't for the way it's represented on 93.1 as mindless bubblegum kiddie crap, you get more substance, and variety from your average top 40 station, 93.1 makes it seem like dance music is for people who don't get top 40 because it's too intellectual and not cartoonish enough, now your average rock and roll radio listener appreciates the music on the rock stations 'cause it has more substance than top 40, why can't a radio station market dance music the same way, as a superior more substantial alternative to cheesy top 40

that was great :aright:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by eKiTeL

anyway all commercial radio stations suck, period, the FM license is so expensive that nobody can afford to use it to experiment a little, radio playlists are determined by fear, fear of losing listeners, as opposed to trying to entertain people as much as possible

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well, it's up to those people to actually get off their ass, turn off the radio, and figure out that there's more to dance music than Darude. FM ain't gonna do it for them....a little initiative, people!

Originally posted by themrs

Are you guys trying to tell me you don't like listening to 50 cent to a "dance music" background???

:rolleyes:

For the first 3-4 times , i kinda enjoyed that song a bit , kinda catchy . But after the 5 time i heard it ...........:blown:

Originally posted by themrs

Are you guys trying to tell me you don't like listening to 50 cent to a "dance music" background???

:rolleyes:

Ain't that the truth!!!

And which is why Pod is 2000% right... Take 93.1 of your f*ckin programmed stations... just to confirm the station still sucks every 10 seconds. You'd be surprised how much can be done if some initiative is taken... Make requests, send emails... If it doesn't work.... it must mean we're outnumbered.. (where do they all live?) Because in reality.. .the station is a business and I'm sure Phil would listen IF ENOUGH PEOPLE make some noise.

And Saleen, the sad truth is that for every Leader there are far more followers(thank god for us)... in other words, there are thousands and thousands of really trendy, cheesy people in EVERY city and only a handful that one might consider "hip". So just rest assured you are lightyears ahead of the rest of EVERY town USA because shit you and I might think is great today will be on some radio station's "Exclusive" playlist in 6 months!!!! :laugh:

:laugh:

And the real people we need to blame are the bedroom producers from Power 96 that jump on ANY bandwagon possible.. Who do you think is makin half the crap 93.1 plays... In Da Club... WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!!!!

:werd: