stryke303

ok, let's get the semantics out of the way:

next friday, august 1, 2003

"return to the edge" < that's in air quotes<

Stryke (Ovum/Hooj Choons/Guidance)

Merlyn (Dreamscape)

Wendel (Venu)

Ash-Rock

I think Angel will give you more details this week...

NOW>>>

"return to the edge." i was a little put off by the name... to me, the edge is more than the building...a hell of a lot more. there were 3 specific people who built that place up and as far as i know, are not involoved in this night. i would like to take the time to give some credit where credit is due...

Bruce Wilcox - resident DJ/head of operations

as some of you know, bruce is currently @ grooveman records at the beach. bruce was responsible for heading up the success of what became afterhours at the edge. he gave me my first big shot and really believed in supporting local djs and national and international talent. his keen business sense helped bring a state of organization to a night which was to become south florida legend. not to mention the fact that he was a hell of a dj, playing a diverse blend of electronic music and ALWAYS holding the crowd...

Dru Bongiorno - resident DJ/atmospheric alterations/2nd head of operations

ya'll know dru! he was alongside bruce the entire way. these 2 were a team. dru made sure the club looked and sounded the way it should. he helped bring in some of the world's best talent and set the standard of how light guys (and gals) should do their job. he was the first "light guy" (i put that in quotes, b/c he was soooo much more than a light guy) to have groupies! he was the first person to make me feel comfortable playing at the edge (after i'd thrown up about 4 times before the very first time i played there). dru also covered the main room when bruce was out of town (and they even spun together quite a few times). dru's dj sets were always a treat (especially for those of us upstairs who got to watch him spin and do lights at the same time).

jaysen moore - resident ambient/downtempo dj outback/graphic design

jaysen gave the afterhours its look. his flyer design is still considered to be some of the best in the business. he worked hand in hand with bruce and dru in making the night a cohesive being. his dj sets outback as the sun rose were just what the doctor ordered after a long night of banging beats...

sooo...what am i trying to say? not much really. i just thought that everyone should know what "the edge" really was. do i think it's a slap in the face to these guys (and others who were involved) to use the name? yes... but, i'm sure bruce, dru, jaysen, myself, and others have better things to do and think about. i'm just showing some respect where i think its due. this friday, it's going to be strange for me to return to that venue. but, as i was involved w/ the original edge, i'm going to bring my A game and show the "new" venue what's up ;) thanks bruce, dru, and jaysen for the good times. the edge is dead...long live the edge...

Guest saleen351

man, my autograph schedule is all fucked up now

Friday, suppose to chill with eddy at maze

Now this edge party is a friday...

Sat, Aug 2 TIME (ET) NY Jets at Tampa Bay 12:00 PM

sean at allure sat night

Originally posted by saleen351

man, my autograph schedule is all fucked up now

Friday, suppose to chill with eddy at maze

Now this edge party is a friday...

Sat, Aug 2 TIME (ET) NY Jets at Tampa Bay 12:00 PM

sean at allure sat night

lol...sorry señor saleen, but maybe i'll finally get my autograph to put next to your picture in the studio. it's the only thing that keeps me going!

Originally posted by meng

Last Friday's party kicked ass, Greg. If I'm not working Friday night I'll definitely be there.

Oh and be advised that Drew and Bruce have been contacted for these events.

Come on Drew, we all know your still lurking around here somewhere!

Come out and show yourself.

Last Friday's party kicked ass, Greg. If I'm not working Friday night I'll definitely be there.

Oh and be advised that Drew and Bruce have been contacted for these events.

yeah sean,

heard it was great :) sorry i was out of town and couldn't show my support. and i'm glad to hear that bruce and dru have been contacted :) looking forward to friday...angel...are you around? how about giving these guys the details and a reduced guestlist?

Guest brwneydtrouble

I want to GOOO!!!! But I don't think I have a ride....anyone going up from down south??

Guest brwneydtrouble

Are you down with round 2? I think I can take you. :tongue:

HAH! Of course i'm down for round two.....can't wait.

More CP peeps going, this is gonna be fun.

AT, am I finally gonna see your moves or is that puppet on strings dance all you got??