Clubplanet Nightlife Community

age difference

xxsweetie

My boyfriend and I are 12 years apart and we get along GREAT. Mentally we are on the same wavelength and we like all the same things.......

You would never guess his age by looking at him or talking to him....and hes such a kid at heart...

Age is NOTHING!

Originally posted by jessie739

My boyfriend and I are 12 years apart and we get along GREAT. Mentally we are on the same wavelength and we like all the same things.......

You would never guess his age by looking at him or talking to him....and hes such a kid at heart...

Age is NOTHING!

Ok..I've been wondering about this myself. So if age is nothing, then it's acceptable for me (i'm 21) to date my best friend's 41 year old brother in law ('cause we are kinda feelin each other)? I kinda feel awkward about the age difference.

I posted the exaqct same thing a few months ago because I was seeing this girl in Jamaica who was obviously lying about her age.. and I don't like feeling like a dirty old man:whip2:

Although, I personally feel that 10-15 years difference is cool...

It all depends on the person...

Age can be a factor, but it's all relative.

My dad was 12 years older than my mom, but they got a long great.

But a 21 year old with a 41 year old-- there has to be some SERIOUS chemistry i feel for something like that to truly work in the long run.

for a fling or a for-fun-only type of relationship, i don't think that age matters much at all.

on the other hand, dating someone who is really part of another generation can be difficult because the person has had certain experiences that come with growing into adulthood that you just haven't had-- and can't imagine, even-- yet.

many people feel that they don't become "who they are" until their thirties... and i would think that being an older person who was trying to maintain a serious relationship with someone who was going through the "growing pains" of early adulthood would be, at times, frustrating and difficult.

Originally posted by sweetie029

... if the 2 people are on the same level & get along well I don't see an issue w/ it

i guess it depends what "the same level" means. in my opinion, being on the same level as someone -- emotionally, intellectually, sexually-- can often depend on similar life experiences. a 40 year old has just seen and lived through so much more than a 22 year old. it is probable that the older person is more willing to move towards a serious, long-term committment than the younger one, which can be a point of tension in the relationship.

Originally posted by wideskies

i guess it depends what "the same level" means. in my opinion, being on the same level as someone -- emotionally, intellectually, sexually-- can often depend on similar life experiences. a 40 year old has just seen and lived through so much more than a 22 year old. it is probable that the older person is more willing to move towards a serious, long-term committment than the younger one, which can be a point of tension in the relationship.

An age gap of 10+ years really isn't seen too often b/c of the obvious..Different priorities...goals...plans ect.......But for some couples it does work out.....I have an aunt who is 40 & her fiance is 25 & they couldn't be happier w/ anyone else but each other

yeah, i think it's the exception rather the rule.

if i fell in love with someone and it was working out fine, i wouldn't hold back just because of a number.

but if i had a choice between an older perfect man and a younger (my age) perfect man, i'd pick the younger.

Age isn't anything but a number, but also you just have to make sure you are on the same mentality level with the person, majority of the time it's with the girls. I have met plenty of older guys that won't date younger girls because they had a bad experience with one because she was immature. But I mean if it's legal and it really doesn't seem THAT BAD then hey why not go for it. :D

Originally posted by xxsweetie

what do you guys (and girls) think is a good age difference between two people who are dating/ in a relationship, etc.?

I know that age is nothing but a number, but how young is too young and how old is too old?

I would prefer a guy close to my age, I would not date anyone who is 5 years or more older than me.