Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ibiza 411

I went last summer .... from my experience, here is what I can tell you (a very abbreviated summary).

Go between early June and early to mid September

Royal Plaza hotel is nicely situated, with clean accomodations

Clubs to visit: Pacha, Privilege, Space, Amnesia.

The Gay scene is HUGE ... be weary of this fact.

The girls are crazy (thus, offsetting the gay factor)

Do not stay for more than 5 or 6 nights

(I was a physically deteorated after 4 nights)

Don't waste your time with the beach (just sleep instead!)

Go out for drinks and dinner prior to the evenings festivities:

The port area around the Royal Plaza was RIDICULOUS!

Outdoor bars, cafes, shops ... thousands show up to pregame.

It is one huge outdoor party.

...doing this will set up the evening nicely ... you will meet many people, and discussions of the hot club and hot party that night will dominate conversation. With this, you always feel like you are well involved in the scene, and thus not missing out on any great event .. since everyone will be eager inform you!

Also,

visit ibiza-spotlight.com .... a great source for info.

-

Lean European

COULDN'T AGREE MORE: EARLY JUNE (OPENING PARTIES) OR LATE SEPTEMBER IS GREAT (CLOSING PARTIES). I WOULD SUGGETS TO GO FOR 7 DAYS AND ACTUALLY TAKE 2 OR THREE DAYS OFF TO SEE THE ISLAND & CATCH SOME RAYS. NOTHING SAYS JUNKIE LIKE COMING BACK FROM AN ISLAND LOOKING GHOST WHITE. GOTTA GO TO SA TRINXA (A BEACH LOCATED BETWEEN SALINAS & ES CABALLET) IT SIMPLY ROCKS, ISOLATED WITH GREAT MUSIC, FOOD & DRINK STAND & LOADS OF VERY COOL YOUNG PEOPLE ! HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT (U CAN PARK IN THE ES CABALLET PARKING LOT). FOR CHILL OUT NIGHTS KILOMETER 5 IS GREAT (GOOD ATMOSPHERE). SUNSET @ CAFE DEL MAR IS AN IBIZA CLASSIC. HERE'S MORE TIPS

* DO NOT, FOR ANY REASON, STAY IN SAN ANTONIO (PACKED WITH CARAVANS OF UK & GERMAN CHARTERS BUT NOT THE FRIENDLY COOL KIND). HOWEVER GOOD PLACE TO PICK UP DRUNK BRITISH CHICKS

* FOR A REAL HARDCORE NIGHT, START AT MANUMISSION AT PRIVILEGE (ON MONDAY) STAY UNTIL CLOSING BECAUSE NORMALLY THEY WILL HAND OUT FREE PASSES @ THE EXIT FOR SPACE CARRY-ON AND YOU CAN CONTINUE PARTYING @ SPACE (THE CARRY-ON PARTY IS GREAT, LOADS OF HOT CHICKS, AND ALOT OF THE PEOPLE THAT WORKED MANUMISSION (GOGO DANCERS / PROMOTERS))

* WE LOVE SUNDAYS AT SPACE IS A MUST !!!, GREAT CROWD / GREAT MUSIC

* DC-10 ON MONDAYS NEAR THE AIRPORT

* PACHA IS A CLASSIC AND BEAUTIFUL, GOTTA GO

* RENT A CAR. MOST OF THE BIG CLUBS HAVE MASSIVE PARKING AREAS. SOME ARE LOCATED IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE (AMNESIA, PRIVILIGE, KM.5) AND ARE FAR FROM EACH OTHER.

* TRY AND RENT AN APPARTMENT INSTEAD OF A HOTEL. HOTELS ARE PRICIER AND DON'T GIVE YOU THE FREEDOM OF AN APPARTMENT (YOU CAN COOK IN ONE NIGHT, ETC.)

* PERSONALLY I DON'T FIND THE FOAM PARTIES ALL THAT GREAT, BUT IT'S FUN TOSEE THEM ONCE (AT AMNESIA). HOWEVER, IF YOU LIKE TECHNO, SVEN VATH'S COCOON NIGHT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

YOUR BEST BET FOR INFO IS IBIZA-SPOTLIGHT.COM THEY HAVE COMPLETE CALENDARS AND LOADS OF INO.

HOPE THIS HELPS :D

TRY AND STAY NEAR PLAYA D'EN BOSSA (BEING CLOSE TO SPAE IS GREAT, SPACE IS DA PLACE). OR EIVISSA TOWN WHICH IS GENERALLY MORE EXPENSIVE BUT YOU'RE IN MID SMACK IBIZA. I GUESS ANYWHERE BETWEEN PLAYA D'ENBOSSA & IBIZA TOWN IS GOOD.

HOPE THIS HELPS