Clubplanet Nightlife Community

West Palm Beach?

dp80

I know this is the Miami board but I did not see any where else to post it. I'm going to be down in WPB in the end of August, looking to see what spots were good down there. I know South Beach is like an hour or 2 away, but we were just going to stay local. Someone told me something about Clematis street? Looking for some places that play decent house. Anyone know what is good to do down there? thanks!

Originally posted by dp80

I know this is the Miami board but I did not see any where else to post it. I'm going to be down in WPB in the end of August, looking to see what spots were good down there. I know South Beach is like an hour or 2 away, but we were just going to stay local. Someone told me something about Clematis street? Looking for some places that play decent house. Anyone know what is good to do down there? thanks!

take the drive to miami, you won't regret it. WPB can get very :zzz:……… how’s S.I. ? castleton corners in the house..:D

Guest brwneydtrouble

I used to live in west palm. There isn't much in the way of house, and real DJ's up there from what I can remember. Its more of a martini bar type. There's Monkey Club, which is mixed music, and the clubs that were there last time I was up, were Vivid, and Liquid Room. For a really nice atmosphere, you can go to City Place. There are a lot of really nice restaurants and Blue Martini, which is where I used to hang. Plan on bar/club hopping, there's nothing really big there.

As you go South you will have more to chose from. Ft. Lauderdale is having some good parties right now and new clubs are in the works. The amount of woman in Ft. Lauderdale is rediculous, good tunes - everything from House, Techno, and breaks. Plus it is only 45 minutes from West Palm.

Good places to go Karma, Venu, Allure. and for pre- drinking hit up Max's for 3 for 1 drinks and Sidebar.

If you do make it to Miami, Check out Maze/ Lime, Nerve, Crobar, Opium, Life, Space34.

You will not be dissapointed make the drive down.

ACTUALLY.. in reply to EVERYONE..

First off.. WPB does suck. why? Cause I live here.. actually 10mins North. I travel to Sobe every other weekend.. why? cause the clubs in miA know how to do it and the people are so much better and of course.. because of the good MUSIC!

ok.. I promote for this club called OHM.. its downtown off CLEMATIS on Banyan Street.

SATURDAY nights is a little underground feel of HOUSE.. its decent.. as long as my boy JOSHUA is up there spinning.

Decent sound system.. decent lighting + visual screens, clean.. cheap drinks. and decent vibes. It gets super packed.. and then it has its slow nights. its about 350 Person Capacity.

I recommend this club.

now the clubs.. we have a new one called FUSION. its ok. Friday Saturdays.. dance. but cheezy house.

then theres FLOW.. typical (i think im south beach posh vip clubhead...wannabes.. rich PalmBeachers).. VIVID.. gross it used to be lime/puke green, now its Gold. Awful. The majority of this crowd is cliquey GBHd coked out Palm beachers... WAY expensive drinks.. shitty house in the main room.. every1 is usually in the VIP room playin shitty Hiphop! WTF!?

MONKEY CLUB.. good for college people. Beach House..gross. ghetto fuckin old 1999 sir mixolot music shit. GOSSIP.. the upscale booty/hiphop club. Darkvibes. CASTLE CLUB.. ghetto. NESSA DORMA, scumiest booty club here.

LIQUID ROOM.. pleasseeee .. wanna be shit. Shitty music, expensive drinks, CREAM is the back room, fuckin $150 a bottle with shitty music? you have to pay me to go to this club. LEVEL 2 (upstairs.. hiphop shit). MOJO LOUNGE.. ghetttttoo.

it is NOT white here.. its mostly PalmBeach asshole

s who THINK they're clubheads.. and the rest are teenagfe fuckin GHETTTTOO wanna be thugs fighting .. BS drama.

Just about every club spins top 40 shitty hiphop.. with an occasional.. party 93.1 cheezy Robin Fox shit. haha!

- if you want to know decent nights for Techno, House, breaks, downtempo and Drum + Bass in WEST PALM BEACH...

email me / pm me.. I promote up here.. for this shittiness. =(

but check out SOBE! its worth the drive! .. i dont think im better than these clubs. They're out to make money but they dont support the Club scene. they're out to make money and i respect them for that cause alot of them are. But Ive lived here majority of my life.. it's gone for shit. I used to throw parties in WEST PALM, but too many booty-crackheads.

CLUB2000 ontop of the black Darthveder building.. TILT (before it went ghetto) and INFINITI for afterhours...and on Clematis.. BAR and the Original 109 and before that it was CHROME those were the good ol' clubs! :blank:

I've been there before. My friend who took me there even said it was crap, and he was playing there that night! The sound system is good if you consider police brutality to be a form of foreplay I guess.

The lighting fixtures themselves were decent (6 Cyberlights...) but desperately needed a good programmer...again, most of the real clubbers in WPB run for the border and come down here...i think the term is brain drain.

Friday's @ Delux are great but it's actually in Delray which is off the beaten path, about 25 minutes South of WPB. The drive to Delray on a Friday is worth it to check Johnny out. Sheldon and I do our LUST-FIRST FRIDAY parties there and the crowd is awesome. Very good looking crowd and the ratio is killer. You won't get any feedback from ANYONE about Delray because most peoples cars have auto-kill devices that won't let them leave a certain radius away from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.(That was a joke... relax)

As far as West Palm goes... Matrix girl seems to have it on lock-down, Joshua is a great "house" dj but Ohm is a much younger "underground" club.. but a good party none-the-less. If I was forced to drive up there, I would go check out our friend Carlos who dj's @ Cream in the back of Liquid on Saturdays.

Ft. Lauderdale & Miami are only 40 minutes and about an hour away respectively, but Miami is definitely worth a trip if you have the time and a car of course!

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

There isn't much in the way of house, and real DJ's up there from what I can remember. Its more of a martini bar type.

... There are a lot of really nice restaurants and Blue Martini, which is where I used to hang. Plan on bar/club hopping, there's nothing really big there.

Now on the not-so-serious tip... Brwneytrouble is pretty much dead on. More of a bar-hopping type of thing. If you're on a vacation, just head to City Place then Clematis and you'll have a good time. There are no "World-Famous" venues that you'll read about, but there is a watering hole of some sort every 20 feet. It really is up to you... some people take this shit too serious and forget to have fun... soooooo .... HAve fun in WPB and PM MAtrixGirl so she can be your guide.

Wow, good looking out everyone for all the info. Seems to be the best thing to do would be drive somewhere else. We are not going to have a car though, only going to be down there for 3 nights, staying at some golf resort or something. The girls I'm going down with i'm figuring they would probably want to just go to martini bar type places, I was the one looking for house music, they could probably care less. I guess were probably going to go to that downtown area and check it out. thanks

Originally posted by thematrixgirl

ACTUALLY.. in reply to EVERYONE..

First off.. WPB does suck. why? Cause I live here.. actually 10mins North. I travel to Sobe every other weekend.. why? cause the clubs in miA know how to do it and the people are so much better and of course.. because of the good MUSIC!

ok.. I promote for this club called OHM.. its downtown off CLEMATIS on Banyan Street.

SATURDAY nights is a little underground feel of HOUSE.. its decent.. as long as my boy JOSHUA is up there spinning.

Decent sound system.. decent lighting + visual screens, clean.. cheap drinks. and decent vibes. It gets super packed.. and then it has its slow nights. its about 350 Person Capacity.

I recommend this club.

now the clubs.. we have a new one called FUSION. its ok. Friday Saturdays.. dance. but cheezy house.

then theres FLOW.. typical (i think im south beach posh vip clubhead...wannabes.. rich PalmBeachers).. VIVID.. gross it used to be lime/puke green, now its Gold. Awful. The majority of this crowd is cliquey GBHd coked out Palm beachers... WAY expensive drinks.. shitty house in the main room.. every1 is usually in the VIP room playin shitty Hiphop! WTF!?

MONKEY CLUB.. good for college people. Beach House..gross. ghetto fuckin old 1999 sir mixolot music shit. GOSSIP.. the upscale booty/hiphop club. Darkvibes. CASTLE CLUB.. ghetto. NESSA DORMA, scumiest booty club here.

LIQUID ROOM.. pleasseeee .. wanna be shit. Shitty music, expensive drinks, CREAM is the back room, fuckin $150 a bottle with shitty music? you have to pay me to go to this club. LEVEL 2 (upstairs.. hiphop shit). MOJO LOUNGE.. ghetttttoo.

it is NOT white here.. its mostly PalmBeach asshole

s who THINK they're clubheads.. and the rest are teenagfe fuckin GHETTTTOO wanna be thugs fighting .. BS drama.

Just about every club spins top 40 shitty hiphop.. with an occasional.. party 93.1 cheezy Robin Fox shit. haha!

- if you want to know decent nights for Techno, House, breaks, downtempo and Drum + Bass in WEST PALM BEACH...

email me / pm me.. I promote up here.. for this shittiness. =(

but check out SOBE! its worth the drive! .. i dont think im better than these clubs. They're out to make money but they dont support the Club scene. they're out to make money and i respect them for that cause alot of them are. But Ive lived here majority of my life.. it's gone for shit. I used to throw parties in WEST PALM, but too many booty-crackheads.

CLUB2000 ontop of the black Darthveder building.. TILT (before it went ghetto) and INFINITI for afterhours...and on Clematis.. BAR and the Original 109 and before that it was CHROME those were the good ol' clubs! :blank:

great review. :D

taNks... ive struggled to bring in the good dance culture here.. back into bizz.. just doesn't work.

maybe WPB goin' underground will be for the good... every great empire does fall... so.. :idea:

i was being honest for my little review. had to put my 2CeNTs in!

goodluck

yeah Delray.. Dada's .. Deluxs.. i here they're decent.

I couldn't see a nightlife scene worth mentioning up there anytime soon though...too many laws in place, it's a bedroom community...I think Miami will be the dominant nightlife force in South Florida for the next few decades.

Guest brwneydtrouble

Not only that, but the locals there jst aren't really interested in the DJ/Music scene for the most part. They want to go to a place, get trashed, and hook up usually.

The true clubheads will drive from Jupiter, on a saturday night to get there before midnight, then stay till about 9am, then drive all the way back......Hmm, that sounds familiar. ;)

From what you said, it seems like the best bet for you is to just stick with downtown WPB, and just bar/clubhop. I say start at City Place, look around, go to Blue Martini (Byt the way, the martinis are about $11, but they give you the shaker and you get like 2 out of that), then you can take the trolly out to clematis street.

Matrixgirl, has Saturday night livened up a bit, or is Clematis by night on Thursdays still the main night up there?

If you want to have dinner, I remember that ther are a few really good, but a little expensive places to go like Big City Grill, and such. I remember somewhere I had the seafood tortellini, in a basil cream sauce, that was to DIE for. Real crab and lobster meat. Damn I'm hungry......

well.. Fridays are better dance nights than Saturdays. Saturdays even the "dance" clubs play fuckin booty and hiphop.

Thursdays are good when its the Summer or Spring Break.. due to the college crowds.

..again. I will travel for a good club and party. Whether it be from my place in JUPITER, all the way to South beach... it's WORTH THE DRIVE!!!!!

There's good nights and bad nights in downtown WPB.. fridays are happening and Saturdays.. more hiphop.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by thematrixgirl

well.. Fridays are better dance nights than Saturdays. Saturdays even the "dance" clubs play fuckin booty and hiphop.

Thursdays are good when its the Summer or Spring Break.. due to the college crowds.

..again. I will travel for a good club and party. Whether it be from my place in JUPITER, all the way to South beach... it's WORTH THE DRIVE!!!!!

There's good nights and bad nights in downtown WPB.. fridays are happening and Saturdays.. more hiphop.

You live in Jupiter? I did too! My parents still live out there in the Farms. I go back every once in a blue moon, but my ex was a bartender in Boynton so I never really went out in WPB when I went to visit......

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

You live in Jupiter? I did too! My parents still live out there in the Farms. I go back every once in a blue moon, but my ex was a bartender in Boynton so I never really went out in WPB when I went to visit......

yep! .. i live in ABACOA which is this little town just built in Jupiter off DONALD ROSS RD .. its all art deco. its badass.. i work in downtown WPB @ a NBC news station.

originally born in Jerzie.. but braught up by Jersey parents in Palm Beach Gardens.. now I live in Jupiter.

Originally posted by pod

I couldn't see a nightlife scene worth mentioning up there anytime soon though...too many laws in place, it's a bedroom community...I think Miami will be the dominant nightlife force in South Florida for the next few decades.

Probably true but still not what it was 5-7 years ago. Scene is shifting from European/Anglo to Hip-Hop and Latin markets.

I think that is why Vegas is know becoming reborn with all the clubs and lounges opening there.