Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Butter vs. Margarine

I just recently switched from margarine to butter b/c I realized that margarine has just as many or more fat grams as butter and why not have butter (which is more natural and better tasting)? What are your thoughts on butter vs. margarine? I couldn't believe when I started comparing labels that margarine is worse for you, but it was invented to be a healthy alternative to butter. Another thing that helps is that a serving size of butter is 2 tablespoons, and when you're spreading butter on toast, you're probably only using about a teaspoon or 2 (same goes with mayonaise), so you're not always going to be eating so much fat.

Originally posted by elementx

What does that spray stuff have in it that is so bad :confused:

If you read the bottle it has almost nothing. Every thing is 0%

I was referring to margerin (not the spray). But I will say this - you need to avoid "trans-faty acids" They are structural isomers to "CIS-fatty acids" but they way the molecule is structured makes the fat stick together - thus makeing it hard for the body to rid the system of it. Using fats like olive oil can actually bind to these type of fats and aid in flushing them out.

I don't use butter - but the next time I am in the store I will look at the back of a spray bottle and see what is in it.

Nautica