Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how dumb does a bird have to be to get hit by a car

Guest gabo

Guest gabo

the answer... very fucking dumb! how is it possible I hit a damn bird? I mean they fly right, so why would it fly low if it wanted to cross the street? Its not like a racoon crossing the street, the thing can fly above the cars so it wouldnt get hit, right? ugh, now I have to peel the feathers off my car.

Originally posted by gabo

the answer... very fucking dumb! how is it possible I hit a damn bird? I mean they fly right, so why would it fly low if it wanted to cross the street? Its not like a racoon crossing the street, the thing can fly above the cars so it wouldnt get hit, right? ugh, now I have to peel the feathers off my car.

lmao...i know just what u mean...its also funny cause sometimes u can see them out the corner of your eye flying right at ur window and u just think "damn this bird it dumb, he just crashed into my window" :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by phatman

...having read what you just wrote, i would venture to say that the bird you hit was smarter than you....

D'OH! :eek: :eek:

Maybe the bird was sick or injured and it's navigating capability wasn't up to par. :( :(

Guest gabo

...having read what you just wrote, i would venture to say that the bird you hit was smarter than you....

cranky pants

I hit a bird once. And after a about a week I started to notice this awful smell in my car. I mean something fucking horrible. I cleaned the car out to the best I could thinking that maybe it was something inside the car but it wasn't I didn't find shit. Then one day I went to check the oil and up by the hood springs was a rotting bird, maggets and all. Pretty fucking sick, and smelled so goddamn bad. I went to a car wash and just hosed it out. The smell went away.

Happen all the time. They are definately moronic... One flew about 3 inches from my windshield the other day. I though he was going to fly through my windo first but then he flew foward and across the front of my car... He got away though.

He probably shit himself it was so fuckin close... It is bad enough I have to clean bird shit off the car. I dont want to be cleaning a flattened bird and blood... :nono:

...excerpts from Bird Brains by Gareth Huw Davies...

...Scientists have argued for decades over whether wild creatures, including birds, show genuine intelligence.

Some still consider the human mind to be unique, with animals capable of only the simplest mental processes. But a new generation of scientists believe that creatures, including birds, can solve problems by insight and even learn by example, as human children do. Birds can even talk in a meaningful way.

Some birds show quite astonishing powers of recall. The Clarke’s nutcracker, a type of North American crow, may have the animal world's keenest memory. It collects up to 30,000 pine seeds over three weeks in November, then carefully buries them for safe keeping across over an area of 200 square miles. Over the next eight months, it succeeds in retrieving over 90 percent of them, even when they are covered in feet of snow....

Of course, the bird world has its share of “bird brains.†There are the birds that build three nests behind three holes under a flower pot, because they can't remember which is which, and birds that attack their own reflections. The Hawaiian goose is as innocent of danger as a baby crawling along the girder in an unfinished skyscraper. It would walk up to an introduced mongoose on Hawaii, and be attacked.

The level of intelligence among birds may vary. But no living bird is truly stupid. Each generation of birds that leaves the protection of its parents to become independent has the inborn genetic information that will help it to survive in the outside world and the skills that it has learned from its parents. ...

Originally posted by gabo

My dad hit a bird while he was riding on his motorcycle. It hit him square in the face.. he came home with blood and feathers and mush all over his helmet.

Guest gabo
Originally posted by Codica3

My dad hit a bird while he was riding on his motorcycle. It hit him square in the face.. he came home with blood and feathers and mush all over his helmet.

wow! good thing he didnt lose his balance when the bird hit.

...excerpts from Bird Brains by Gareth Huw Davies...

...Scientists have argued for decades over whether wild creatures, including birds, show genuine intelligence.

Some still consider the human mind to be unique, with animals capable of only the simplest mental processes. But a new generation of scientists believe that creatures, including birds, can solve problems by insight and even learn by example, as human children do. Birds can even talk in a meaningful way.

Some birds show quite astonishing powers of recall. The Clarke’s nutcracker, a type of North American crow, may have the animal world's keenest memory. It collects up to 30,000 pine seeds over three weeks in November, then carefully buries them for safe keeping across over an area of 200 square miles. Over the next eight months, it succeeds in retrieving over 90 percent of them, even when they are covered in feet of snow....

Of course, the bird world has its share of “bird brains.†There are the birds that build three nests behind three holes under a flower pot, because they can't remember which is which, and birds that attack their own reflections. The Hawaiian goose is as innocent of danger as a baby crawling along the girder in an unfinished skyscraper. It would walk up to an introduced mongoose on Hawaii, and be attacked.

The level of intelligence among birds may vary. But no living bird is truly stupid. Each generation of birds that leaves the protection of its parents to become independent has the inborn genetic information that will help it to survive in the outside world and the skills that it has learned from its parents. ...

The Travel Channel ranked Parrots as among the top 10 most intelligent animals on the planet... I can't remember which number it was, but if I'm not mistaken, they were listed above dogs. :aright:

I never knew that this happened, until one day my gf's mother told me that she has hit 4-5 birds... they fly straight into her windshield. The best part was she thought this was normal. She couldn't believe it when I thought it was strange.