Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Top 4 Ugliest Cars On The Road...

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

yuppers

according to JD Power, the BMW's rating (in problems per 100 vehicles) is the same as Audi (which, suprisingly, some BMW fans think of as unreliable)

audi's seem to be "hit or miss"...

my sister has had the 1.8t a4 and a 3.0 a4... the 1.8t had problems out the ass, the 3.0 is fine...

but i don't know if i'd chalk that up to audi as much as i would people buying cars they aren't aware of how to take care of...

i guarantee you my sister never let the turbo warmup or cool before beating on it... nor did the owner before her (i would guess)... the 3.0 is n/a, so its not that critical...

some of the newer turbo cars (and almost every porsche in the last 20 years) have automatic cooling pumps or pseudo turbo-timers that cool the turbo after you turn the car off...

i've seen people turn their car on, and not even wait till the dash lights stop flashing before they throw it into gear... makes me shudder...

the TT's seem to be hit or miss, depending on year... 2 things are garbage for sure on all vw/audis: the MAP sensor and the window regulators...

i don't have much experience with bmws, all i've heard is that service is beyond rediculously expensive...

hows the saab? i've never had one or known anyone whos had one...

oh and jackie: the z4 IS hot... did they make it with the SMG shifter? or was that the alpina?

Originally posted by joeg

the powertrain has been fine, except for some very annoying turbo lag (not so bad in "sport" mode though...but then the car eats gas like crazy). the jd power rating of saab was worse than both audi and bmw....the only marques that were worse than Saab were VW, Mini, and Hummer.

its had to go to the dealer 3 times (outside of normal servicing)...twice it needed to be towed (tranny fluid leaks). Both tranny leaks occured within the first month that I had it. its been great since then.

i just wish it had a bit more power, as well as a couple of anti-roll bars

as far as BMW's go, the JD Power rating was surprising. However, one of my neighbors recently used the lemon law against BMW for her 325i. BMW gave her down payment back. Now she's in a Saab 9-5....so far no issues.

hhahahaha my cousin has a Honda Element. Actually, you think it's realy really ugly when you see it in pics, but when you get up close and see it in person it's really not that bad. The two-tone plastic fender concept definitely has to go though.

as for the PT Vert - i really have nothing to say to that, aside from we finally have a car that tops the VW Cabrio and 'vert beetle.

THe car itself doesn't look so horrible - it's the tools that are going to buy it that just ruins the whole image for me.

Originally posted by cintron

hhahahaha my cousin has a Honda Element. Actually, you think it's realy really ugly when you see it in pics, but when you get up close and see it in person it's really not that bad. The two-tone plastic fender concept definitely has to go though.

as for the PT Vert - i really have nothing to say to that, aside from we finally have a car that tops the VW Cabrio and 'vert beetle.

THe car itself doesn't look so horrible - it's the tools that are going to buy it that just ruins the whole image for me.

i agree on both counts. the honda element doesn tlook that bad in darker colors, like blue.

i have always liked the styling of the PT Cruiser and the convertible model. i'm a big fan of cars from the 30's and 40's.....chrysler's designers did a very good job of reproducing the designs.

the powertrain, on the other hand, is another story. its a shame that such a brilliant design had to be based on the Neon. The Colt/Lancer platform would have been a much better choice. Supposedly the next Neon/PT will use that platform.

Thank God.

Originally posted by jona7

the honda element is by far the ugliest car i've ever seen on the streets....

haha. i actually saw one for the first time like 2 days ago and i never knew there was such a thing. i thought to myself wtf is that thing?? i saw the element logo and i thought to myself, wow that is the ugliest car i have ever seen. that is funny that other people think so too.

:idea:

Originally posted by joeg

audi's seem to be "hit or miss"...

my sister has had the 1.8t a4 and a 3.0 a4... the 1.8t had problems out the ass, the 3.0 is fine...

but i don't know if i'd chalk that up to audi as much as i would people buying cars they aren't aware of how to take care of...

i guarantee you my sister never let the turbo warmup or cool before beating on it... nor did the owner before her (i would guess)... the 3.0 is n/a, so its not that critical...

some of the newer turbo cars (and almost every porsche in the last 20 years) have automatic cooling pumps or pseudo turbo-timers that cool the turbo after you turn the car off...

i've seen people turn their car on, and not even wait till the dash lights stop flashing before they throw it into gear... makes me shudder...

the TT's seem to be hit or miss, depending on year... 2 things are garbage for sure on all vw/audis: the MAP sensor and the window regulators...

i don't have much experience with bmws, all i've heard is that service is beyond rediculously expensive...

oh and jackie: the z4 IS hot... did they make it with the SMG shifter? or was that the alpina?

i had a saab when i was in college, it was a piece of shit. i would never buy another.

Originally posted by somebitch

haha. i actually saw one for the first time like 2 days ago and i never knew there was such a thing. i thought to myself wtf is that thing?? i saw the element logo and i thought to myself, wow that is the ugliest car i have ever seen. that is funny that other people think so too.

:idea:

that's why i posted it. it is FUGLY. the one i saw was red with grey trim. or vice versa. can't remember, i was blinded by its hideousness.

Originally posted by sassa

that's why i posted it. it is FUGLY. the one i saw was red with grey trim. or vice versa. can't remember, i was blinded by its hideousness.

i saw TWO more today. not one TWO. i cant believe people actually purchase that thing!! :eek: