Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Congrats to the 9 Cooljunkie finalists.....

lavosdeldiablo

Originally posted by cooljunkie

Wow some real bitterness there - not sure why. Michael Louis (last year's winner) is considered by Oscar G and Roland to be one of the best new DJ's in Miami, and has played Space several times, Ultra, and Opium Garden with BBC Radio 1 (and was featured on their site and promo materials), and has an upcoming booking in Atlanta. All paid. He's finishing college right now which prevents much traveling.

Craig Demo is also heading to Atlanta soon for 2 gigs, and has played Space recently as well as Nerve (warming up for Layo & Bushwacka!) and Living Room (warming up for Mr. C). He has also recently become involved in Tone Control Records who have had tunes picked up by Saeed & Palash.

Kurtis Patrick played a very slick tech house set on the Space Terrace recently and is doing well in his residency. Also played Ultra and Opium Garden at conference.

I think we're doing OK.

no bitterness, I just call 'em like I see 'em, and I haven't seen too much from deck junkie, but I stand corrected, sorry I guess I made assumptions based on too little information

(disclaimer: I have very strong opinions and enjoy expressing them in writing, and when it comes to clubs and dj's I am brutally honest, but it's nothing personal, I don't have anything against anybody) :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by eKiTeL

no bitterness, I just call 'em like I see 'em, and I haven't seen too much from deck junkie, but I stand corrected, sorry I guess I made assumptions based on too little information

(disclaimer: I have very strong opinions and enjoy expressing them in writing, and when it comes to clubs and dj's I am brutally honest, but it's nothing personal, I don't have anything against anybody) :)

We don't throw the logo on a lot of the stuff we do - we focus on building CoolJunkie as a brand, and DeckJunkie is kinda in the background, but working steadily... :)

Wow some real bitterness there - not sure why. Michael Louis (last year's winner) is considered by Oscar G and Roland to be one of the best new DJ's in Miami, and has played Space several times, Ultra, and Opium Garden with BBC Radio 1 (and was featured on their site and promo materials), and has an upcoming booking in Atlanta. All paid. He's finishing college right now which prevents much traveling.

Craig Demo is also heading to Atlanta soon for 2 gigs, and has played Space recently as well as Nerve (warming up for Layo & Bushwacka!) and Living Room (warming up for Mr. C). He has also recently become involved in Tone Control Records who have had tunes picked up by Saeed & Palash.

Kurtis Patrick played a very slick tech house set on the Space Terrace recently and is doing well in his residency. Also played Ultra and Opium Garden at conference.

I think we're doing OK.

Quick note to everyone...DeckJunkie Craig Demo will also be one of our local DJs on warmup rotation at our weekly event "Thick & Juicy Wednesdays" at the Lime Bar which begins August 20, 2003. In addition, local DJs James Stratus and Jody V will also be in the line up.

Our upcoming headlining guests are as follows:

-August 20, 2003: DJ Hardware (Florida, USA) (Moonshine Music, Pure Music, P.O.D. essentialgroove.com)

moonshine_w65x60.jpg

-August 27, 2003: Mikey Gallagher (Ministry of Sound, UK)

box_new_3.jpg

-September 3, 2003: Danny Sullivan (Hooj Choons, UK)

hooj-logo.gif

-September 10, 2003: Gene Carbonell-Dark Driver (Choo Choo Records Uk) choo2.jpg

-September 17, 2003: Craig Demo (Tone Control Records/Deck Junkie) (To be confirmed)

-September 24, 2003: Avex Axiom (Chicago, IL) (Abstract Rhythm)

-October 1, 2003: Jody V (Distant Drum Recordings) (To be confirmed)

-October 8, 2003: Mili Sefic (Chicago, IL) (Abstract Rhythm)

I'll post the flyer on this board on Monday. Doors open at 9:00 p.m.....Email abstractrhythm@yahoo.com for guest list. Hope to see you all there for some thick and juicy house beatz.:hat:.........

I think we're doing OK.

nice

Originally posted by andrewthomas

do any of those winning djs play anything good or all just sleepy house???

AT I would hardly call Craigs style Sleepy House :)

BTW do you have any of your mixes available in any other format but real audio? The format sucks, the RA player tries to take over your PC, steal your job and bang your girl if given the chance.

Originally posted by shroomy

BTW do you have any of your mixes available in any other format but real audio? The format sucks, the RA player tries to take over your PC, steal your job and bang your girl if given the chance.

use the advanced setup option

why I like RA: it sounds better than mp3 at the same bit rate, and you can stream files from a regular http server

Originally posted by eKiTeL

use the advanced setup option

why I like RA: it sounds better than mp3 at the same bit rate, and you can stream files from a regular http server

Not to hijack the thread..... but

The same is true for quick time and windows media and they don't mess up your pc and constanly bug you to update and buy them etc. Not to mention trying to associate themselves with every available media type as the default player. And yes the advance setup helps, but it still tries to periodically reassign them by prompting you any time you use it for a non assigned file extension.

Plus it is a pain in the ass (impossible for many) to save the stream.

Its too bad, it really used to be heads above any other player.

And dont even get me started about how hard it is to download the free player, even when you tell it to get the free one, they try 3 or 4 more times to get you to pay for one and hide the link for the free one at the bottom.

just wanted to say.

real audio is

H

O

R

R

I

B

L

E

It was ok BACK IN 1996 WHEN THERE WAS NO SHOUTCAST AND IT WAS JUST A MUSIC PLAYER INSTEAD OF AN ADVERTISEMENT INFESTED PIECE OF GARBAGE.

Ever since then it has sucked. Total bloatware.

Next think we'll see is "Real OS"... oh wait its called Realaudio when it tries to invade your PC.

Btw, i am sure you could come up with a million more reasons why real audio sucks and streaming mp3's is superior by far. These are just a few =)

Ben

i had a wonderful time @ the cooljunkie dj showcase @ virgin. there were 3 dj's who really impressed me. michael martin throwing his trademark break beats with a wicked vocal or 2 with some on point mixing. "listen to the two tracks my people". i also enjoyed the dj's in front and behind him. joseph anthony & diaga. joseph anthony sounded phat. his tracks were uplifting and on point. then outta nowhere this young kid diaga. he sounded really great. you can tell that he truely knows how to mix a record. built his set up nicely. all the dj's sounded fairly well. it's great to see that there is some great talent here in miami.

let the heats begin!!!!!;)

Originally posted by mrmovement33

i had a wonderful time @ the cooljunkie dj showcase @ virgin. there were 3 dj's who really impressed me. michael martin throwing his trademark break beats with a wicked vocal or 2 with some on point mixing. "listen to the two tracks my people". i also enjoyed the dj's in front and behind him. joseph anthony & diaga. joseph anthony sounded phat. his tracks were uplifting and on point. then outta nowhere this young kid diaga. he sounded really great. you can tell that he truely knows how to mix a record. built his set up nicely. all the dj's sounded fairly well. it's great to see that there is some great talent here in miami.

let the heats begin!!!!!;)

I remember hearing one standout,and I'd have to confer with Meng exactly who it was --I was too distracted by all the shopping :rolleyes:

hey sweetheart u missed out this saturday @ virgin. try to check out the heats @ lime bar this weekend. or if u can not make it try and make it out to space34 when the 3 top deck junkies battle it out.

mrmattas i feel ya. diaga was not all that. but, he sounded better than some of the other dj's.

p.s. michael martin is ready for this weekend. he was just giving peepz a taste not the entire main course. u r really going to enjoy his set. :D