Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is the opening of Crobar gonna be a reality TV show?

I think this was in the post, but this has got to be the worst idea ever. Now, it is just gonna be populated by idiots who hope to be on TV, Stupid DJ's who play commericial junk, pretention out the ass to "keep it hot". Just what we need here... another empty "scene" place where no one inside will care about the music, it'll be anything, and everything to get TV ratings... the antithesis of how a club should be run.

I hope this doesn't happen. NY nightlife needs a much needed injection, but not like this...

Can America get it right, open a good club and keep it open... all the great venues have come and gone... A lot of European clubs have longevity...(not all, but...).

We need a great dance party with a great vibe, and great music in a great venue... not another reality TV show!!!

this was printed on pg.6 in the post...

now, granted they are not always accurate, but sometimes they are...

they said it would be like how Rocco's "The Restaurant" is only it would be Crobar and "The Nightclub."

Gag me please :blown:

this so needs to not be happening...a glimmer of hope in this dead NY scene and then this....

IU was at Rocco's when they were filming and It was horrible. The whole cast and the patrons are all obsessed with the cameras making it a nightmare as a restaurant. If they do the same type of thing with Crobar, it iwll be worse. No one will be there just to have a good time... the focus will be ont the cameras.

Originally posted by sigmagal

IU was at Rocco's when they were filming and It was horrible. The whole cast and the patrons are all obsessed with the cameras making it a nightmare as a restaurant. If they do the same type of thing with Crobar, it iwll be worse. No one will be there just to have a good time... the focus will be ont the cameras.

If that happens it'll be a tourist club like webster hall. Webster Hall is a great venue if only they keep it as 2 -3 types of music instead in having every single style of music. A good venue is when its not promoted over broadcast.

Victor Soto

Red Carpet Promo

You know what, if they do that, it just mean they want to be a commercial club. It will be popular as hell and will make lots of money and I'm sure the owner will have no problem with that. Just look at Rain in Vegas after the Real World. It's probably the most popular club there now, packed to capacity every night...

as posted by the moderator of Crobar Nyc's message forum...

"

Hey folks and a good Monday morning to you all.

We have 2 projects currently under way in documenting the building of Crobar NYC.

First we have postioned time-line cameras in the space to record the construction.

Still photos are taken every 15 minutes and will be used in a speeded up version to present the complete build of the club from raw space to fully functional club.

Secondly we have a production company that has been filming a documentary style program to do with the building of the club.

Camera crews have followed the owners and employees of Crobar around the space and documenting conversations about the building work. In addition the crews have captured conversations between people discussing everything from the color of the walls to what DJ's will play.

All in all I think it will be very interesting once the film is put together as an HBO style behind the scenes documentary of building a New York City nightclub."

Doesn't look like anything to worry about. Just a documentary on the building of the club. It actually sounds like a cool idea.

It's funny how the club is months away from being opened and already it's a shitty club. :rolleyes:

I'm just thinking along the lines of Space in the Hamptons. Space is great in Miami and amazong Ibiza, but lasted less than 8 weeks in the Hamptons? How do you take a club like that and run it into the ground?

Crobar used to be awesome in Miami and even better in Chicago... I am weary as to how this will fare...

Plus, with Spirit opening too. If more and more people are listening to "shit-pop" these days, how will two 2000 person venues playing dance music fare... around the corner from each other?

Crobar NYC has commisioned a film crew to document the building and development of the club from raw space to opening club.

We have not agreed to any type of reality show concept.

Once again you are putting stock in what you read on page 6 which is a "Gossip" page!