Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cops just raided Space34.

los25

Originally posted by biznation00

everyone just calm down.. as Nexus & others mentioned the media is turning this into a fiasco & it's not to the degree it seems.

I have just received helpful information that will be revealed at the right time. In the meantime, think about what sneakers & baseball caps you will be wearing tomorrow night @ the Junkie Spin off. ;)

I know this sounds a lil' vague, but bare with us. We'll keep you updated.

Biz

Great news Biz.. keep us posted!!

:)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LP is on his way back to Miami for this. Matters will be worked out and the weekend should be normal. I don't think the amber /Ravelaw is event a part of this raid. So the vuneu or its promoter be affected.

Just the media is trying to my up some over blown stories.

s0 if space is open on sat.... better come check it out...

Originally posted by biznation00

everyone just calm down.. as Nexus & others mentioned the media is turning this into a fiasco & it's not to the degree it seems.

I have just received helpful information that will be revealed at the right time. In the meantime, think about what sneakers & baseball caps you will be wearing tomorrow night @ the Junkie Spin off. ;)

I know this sounds a lil' vague, but bare with us. We'll keep you updated.

Biz

Forget about it . . . more serious than you think . . . and I hope that I am wrong.

My first inclination when I heard about the news was damn this sucks, I hope no one get's busted or anything. Then I thought about something. If I were to put myself in the DEA's shoes and I was trying to make an all out bust on a club, ESPECIALLY Space, First of all why would they do a raid on a Friday night knowing that there biggest night and there best chance for catching something would be on a Saturday or Sunday morning. Second of all they perform the bust at 10:30/11:00, another sign that a) their not doing there research or B) This is not really to serious. Lastly they do it while LP is away, most of you might think that is a smart thing but no it is'nt b/c if your going to bust a club you want to make sure that the owner is there so he can have no excuses like, "I did'nt know this was going on". What Im trying to get at is there's something fishy about all this:deadfish: , but I just cant put my finger on it. Nothing will happen to Space and everything is going to be okay, business will go on as usual and everyone will be able to keep partying till the sun rises @ Space. Cheer up peeps.

If most of you would pay attention :) even most news stations were reporting as well as sources close to people at Space34, that the warrants were to seize documents and other SCHTUFF! Cops can be stupid but trust me they're notthat dumb to NOT know that Saturday is the night to be there.. I'm sure if they had agents doing survelience, they would have said it was really "boring" having look-out duties on Friday nights! Anbd since most governement aganecies(DEA & FBI) work HAND-IN-HAND with LOCAL agencies(Miami Police), I'm sure the gang-load of cops that Space has on pay-roll outside would also tip the DEA off as to which night to go!

I do personally believe this has a lot more to do with something bigger... Like a ring of some sort!

not that i place too much faith in the local media, but i found the last sentence of the linked report to be particularly interesting:

"more information will be revealed when the suspects appear in federal court on monday."

so, local and state law enforcement officials were involved, but the dea is batting first. this looks pretty serious . . .

Originally posted by saintjohn

not that i place too much faith in the local media, but i found the last sentence of the linked report to be particularly interesting:

"more information will be revealed when the suspects appear in federal court on monday."

so, local and state law enforcement officials were involved, but the dea is batting first. this looks pretty serious . . .

it's serious for the people arrested. the club was cleared our ATF, would have seized their liquor license immediately, and closed the club until the hearing.

the fact that ATF and DEA, are being relatively quite about this. could be because they plan, on making additional related arrest within the next few days. remember they have suspects in custody, whom I’m sure are being questioned in depth.

it's going to be interesting to see how this all plays out. given that multiple agencies were on the scene (according to published reports and the various raid jackets seen on the video), it's difficult to know if the arrests and document seizures (and who knows what else) were the result of a joint (no pun intended) operation, or if this was dea's show and the other folks were invited out of professional courtesy. in any case, i hope that south florida's club owners, promoters, and djs are paying attention. there are some lessons to be learned here.

lol... you guys are hysterical.

Oh poor LP.....

Well that's what he gets for hiring such losers and low life assholes (Biz obviously excluded.) I guarentee this wouldnt happen at Crobar with their crew.

but despite that, he obviously doesn't deserve this, but why is anyone suprised.

And im sure they meant to come in when it wasn't open, Im sure they already did their "buys" and undercover work the previous weeks/months.

BTW even if the ownership is not under investigation at this point. If I were LP, I would be taking a serious look at my books, especially with the huge amounts of cash that move through that place, the common thing is to look into the finances and make sure no one is pocketing bags of cash and not reporting it to the IRS. (not that that ever happens in the club business)

Just saw this news story now and can't really say much on it as we don't really know whats going on. I say just everybody stop reacting to what the media and others are speculating on and just wait for the facts, as for now there is a kick ass party that I would be attending if I was in town with the cooljunkie party, so go support those working hard on bringing u a great party week in and week out and go to this event. I'll be tunin in party931 for sure 2nite through the net. Good luck to oscar, diaga, and hydra and congrats on making it this far.

Originally posted by sobeton

never say never. the rules of the game ,are at a new level. ;)

True enough...no club is immune from sketchy employees. Unless you interrogate them police-style in the interview, some will always slip in.

crobar got shit on last year for letting underage people in. Nothing came of it, but there was media attention.