Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cops just raided Space34.

los25

Well I'm glad the show will go on...

Eventho the game will now be very different..

I hope they straighten out everything they need to straighten out so that Miami's main clubbing attraction stays in business...

Some changes I think there will be, is a severe screening of who they employ and even more of those already employed.. they better enforce a no tolerance policy on their own staff and sort of like what they have on department stores, they should give incentives to those who tell on fellow employees who are stealing, or in this case, Dealing. Everyone involved should understand that if one goes down, everyone goes down, and there will be nothing for anyone... including us clubbers.

I am looking fwd to tonight, I hope to see u guys out there.

cheers!

Mp3. :smoke:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by shroomy

lol... you guys are hysterical.

Oh poor LP.....

Well that's what he gets for hiring such losers and low life assholes (Biz obviously excluded.) I guarentee this wouldnt happen at Crobar with their crew.

but despite that, he obviously doesn't deserve this, but why is anyone suprised.

And im sure they meant to come in when it wasn't open, Im sure they already did their "buys" and undercover work the previous weeks/months.

BTW even if the ownership is not under investigation at this point. If I were LP, I would be taking a serious look at my books, especially with the huge amounts of cash that move through that

place, the common thing is to look into the finances and make sure no one is pocketing bags of cash and not reporting it to the IRS. (not that that ever happens in the club business)

This is such a venomous post....It is inaccurate, insensitive and uncalled for.....but I can't say I am surprised...

"That's what he gets"?????

There are over 200 employees that work very hard every week to make Space the best club in the country...With one sweeping comment you threw them all into the "losers and low life assholes" categories....you conveniently left Biz out though ,as you never know when you might need to get on his guestlist...

"I guarentee this wouldnt happen at Crobar with their crew."???

lol....this comment shows your ignorance and bias...

It has always amazed me how it is the people who never go to Space (or have been there a handful of times, been banned from there or have a personal vendetta against it) who always have the most to say about it...

WHATEVER!!!

anyway....

I was very happy to hear we will be open tonight....and happy to hear that over 200 people (many of whom I call friends) will still have a job...Many of these people depend on their jobs at Space for their livings and a big percentage of them have families as well....It is not fair that a majority of good people would have suffered the concequences for a few bad apples....

MOST IMPORTANTLY...

I want to thank ALL of you who sent me PMs and E-MAILS last night and today for showing Space and myself tremendous support....I really appreciate it....I was truly humbled by the overwhelming support....I plan to spin my ass off tonight!!!!

O.G.

:cool:

Originally posted by djoscarg

I want to thank ALL of you who sent me PMs and E-MAILS last night and today for showing Space and myself tremendous support....I really appreciate it....I was truly humbled by the overwhelming support....I plan to spin my ass off tonight!!!!

O.G.

:cool:

Amen!! :aright:

Guest saleen351

Sorry, og i can't support anyone on this issue, when its apparent the security at space is cosmetic. Put a dog at the door, and then I can support space in this matter. But space won't, they'll do what they can to balance the drugs with business. Every club needs a certain amount of drug users to remain a hot spot for partiers. One dog solves 90% of your problems.. Security walks threw them, clubbers walk threw them, and heck they can even sniff the money... Put a huge sign at the club entrance, like they do in NJ about fighting.. The sign sez " go a head and get into a fight, it's a 2000 dollar fine, we can use the money, thanks"

Space and other clubs can do way more. Whether it's an inside job, or the clubbers, you can stop it...

rlee_dog.gif

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by djoscarg

:jerkoff:

leave your mixing out of this:idea:

BTW our dog hog, can sniff frogs real good, so if space has people licking frogs and tripping, let us know, we can help!!!

BTW, the fish looked real bad last night.. What team has 2 Jewish qbs??????

pretty intense that the ATF, DEA & City of MIA police were all involved in the investigation. if the caught staff serving than this will help get rid of that type of crowd. & with that 24 hr liquor license space will continue to make lots of $$$!

like oscar, if 34 shuts down lots of people will be unemployed

Wow. Everyone needs to remain calm. Allow me to address a couple of legal issues here.

First - the Rave Act refresher. In the most general terms, it provides for owner liability if he is aware or has good reason to be aware that drugs are being consumed in his establishment. It is not strict liability, meaning, in this case, that evidence is required beyond the mere existence of a patron's drug use at the club. Nevertheless, the standard of proof is SO LOW that many innocent club and restaurant owners WILL get hurt by this in the very near future.

Second - Why it most likely does not apply here. The Rave Act was not meant and is not needed to punish owners for the sins of their employees. The existing law has been quite clear on this probably since the beginning of time. Basically, employers can be held both criminally and civilly liable for the crimes of their employees 1) when done in the regular course of their employment, or 2) if the owner knows or should have known the employee was engaging in this criminal behavior during working hours.

Third - the DEA. My experience with the DEA (no, not as a criminal, but as an attorney) tells me a lot of it was warrant execution for records. As opposed to local law enforcement that is sometimes sloppy, the DEA is incredibly anal and methodical and try to get their warrants to be as broad as possible to get as many records as they can. Example: they certainly would want employee timecards or other records indicating days of employment. They line it up with their records of when they made undercover purchases, etc.

All of the above should be regarded in general terms. I do not know the exact circumstances of the search. But, I find myself just as interested as the rest of you. While Monday is usually my busiest day, I may try to run down to federal court for the unsealing of the (supposed) indictment.

Hopefully Space escapes from this unscathed. To all the CPers who work there, you got my support.