Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who should win at the Cooljunkie DJ Spinoff @ Space34

tigerclaw

Who do you think should win the Cooljunkie DJ Spinoff Final @ Space34 Tonight?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think should win the Cooljunkie DJ Spinoff Final @ Space34 Tonight?

• Oscar Fonseca
    • Diaga
    • Hydra

well, first off, congrats to the 3 finalists for making it this far. now as far as who should win, from a technical standpoint, the most onpoint dj was Oscar Fonseca, excellent mixing, but i wasnt feeling his set to much. Diaga and Hydra, both had very obvious trainwrecks, especially Diaga. and Diaga's set just never seemed to get going. Hydra also had some slight wrecks, but he seemed to recover well. Now the best overall set was Hydra imo. good tunes, and lots of energy in the set, despite the slight wrecks.....

so to me, my vote went to Hydra....., and Oscar 2nd......

congrats to whoever wins :cool:

Can't vote because I got back at 2 and missed Oscar and Diaga. I enjoyed Hydra's set, though. Party 931 cut away from Hydra's set before it was done. Time constraints I guess.

On a side note, Buster has definitely improved in hosting these live broadcasts. haven't heard one in a while, but he used to talk on and on during a set. Now he does it pretty much like Pete Tong - a few seconds for station ID and broadcast location ID. Nice job! It's about the music, after all.

On another side note, tigerclaw, assuming you're the same tigerclaw from GDJB, you and markus and globalgirl need to promote your site a little more. I'm sure you've mentioned it here from time to time, but you should put the URL in your sig. I found your site by accident while trying to listed to 931.com. They broadcast at 20kbps WMA, you guys broadcast at 128kbps MP3, which I think is a helluva lot better. Also, I can't record WMA streams, but I can record mp3 streams. Anyway, nice site and keep up the good work.

What's up guys!

Just got in... Very good performance by the three finalists... I cant imagine how great it must feel to play some of your favorite records and cranking up the system at Space34!

Big props to the cooljunkie crew and all their sponsors for putting the event together and making it happen. :)

The 3 short sets were very unique in my opinion. It was my first time hearing these guys, so all i have to judge is this single performance, but I think it is a good indicator.

Oscar Fonseca came on first. Superb skills from Oscar. I could barely notice transitions from one track to the next, his mixing was definitely on point. Very good selection, I liked his somewhat dark techy progressive house. Played one track right at the end, two songs before the last, that just made the system rock! blew my mind!! :eek: very good performance indeed.

Then Diaga came on... he played some very nice tunes... definitely had some thicker chunkier basslines with a little bit more of a tribal sound to it... Excellent track selection IMO, right around my nighborhood :D but I did hear the ocassional mismatch on the transitions...

Hydra was on last. He opened with a bit more of an energetic sound. After a couple of tracks i could definitely feel a bit of a deep-dishiesque influence to his set. a trancier house w a female vocal here and there.. Wasnt really feeling it too much. As far as his mixing, he did wreck a few times, but he looked like he was having a great time.. hehe

If I had to be a judge, I'm sure making the desicion wouldnt be any easy... these guys are very good in their own style, but judging by tonight's performance alone, I have to say, Oscar's was definitely the most solid; followed closely by Diaga's and not far behind, Hydra's. :cool:

My congratulations to all... I am sure this will be a night that u guys will remember for a very long time!

I gotta catch some z's now.. have an early day tomorrow...:(

Peace out!

Mp3.- :smoke:

Well just got home from Space 34 and had a great time listenning to the three finalists of the cooljunkie spinoff.......First time listenning to these DJS.......

Oscar Fonseca was up first, his set was ok nice beats and great mixing. really didnt feel his set not saying it was bad but wasnt banging enough for me.his style fits more for the patio......

Second up was Diaga, also did very well his set got deeper and a lil tribal to it which was making the crowd move their asses, did hear a wreck but thats okay the guy did make up for it....liked the tracks he spun, solid.

Third was Hydra, this guy gets my vote.Great track selection from start to finish. Did hear some trance in there and thats what got my attention, banging beats along with some vocals sounded just awesome imo...........dropped an old skool track by Lustral "Everytime", just sick dont know what mix it was but it was the first time hearing that mix and just was great to hear that track and refresh my memory ahhhhhhhhhhhhh lol.

Good luck to all three................

Btw would also like to see more events like this, helps out our locals.

Originally posted by mp3some

What's up guys!

Just got in... Very good performance by the three finalists... I cant imagine how great it must feel to play some of your favorite records and cranking up the system at Space34!

Big props to the cooljunkie crew and all their sponsors for putting the event together and making it happen. :)

The 3 short sets were very unique in my opinion. It was my first time hearing these guys, so all i have to judge is this single performance, but I think it is a good indicator.

Oscar Fonseca came on first. Superb skills from Oscar. I could barely notice transitions from one track to the next, his mixing was definitely on point. Very good selection, I liked his somewhat dark techy progressive house. Played one track right at the end, two songs before the last, that just made the system rock! blew my mind!! :eek: very good performance indeed.

Then Diaga came on... he played some very nice tunes... definitely had some thicker chunkier basslines with a little bit more of a tribal sound to it... Excellent track selection IMO, right around my nighborhood :D but I did hear the ocassional mismatch on the transitions...

Hydra was on last. He opened with a bit more of an energetic sound. After a couple of tracks i could definitely feel a bit of a deep-dishiesque influence to his set. a trancier house w a female vocal here and there.. Wasnt really feeling it too much. As far as his mixing, he did wreck a few times, but he looked like he was having a great time.. hehe

If I had to be a judge, I'm sure making the desicion wouldnt be any easy... these guys are very good in their own style, but judging by tonight's performance alone, I have to say, Oscar's was definitely the most solid; followed closely by Diaga's and not far behind, Hydra's. :cool:

My congratulations to all... I am sure this will be a night that u guys will remember for a very long time!

I gotta catch some z's now.. have an early day tomorrow...:(

Peace out!

Mp3.- :smoke:

Agree with your analysis ... adding that Hydra ... little b4 the 1/2 of his set sounded a lot more Sasha ... but did start with that Deep Dish sound ...

Oscar Fonseca ... followed closely by Diadra ... Hydra third ...

Congratulations to the three ... nice meeting Diadra (keep it going bro) ... and specially ot Oscar ... pure class :hat:

Originally posted by macboy

On another side note, tigerclaw, assuming you're the same tigerclaw from GDJB, you and markus and globalgirl need to promote your site a little more. I'm sure you've mentioned it here from time to time, but you should put the URL in your sig. I found your site by accident while trying to listed to 931.com. They broadcast at 20kbps WMA, you guys broadcast at 128kbps MP3, which I think is a helluva lot better. Also, I can't record WMA streams, but I can record mp3 streams. Anyway, nice site and keep up the good work.

Take a closer look at the bottom of my post onto my sig, You should see the URLs there. :)

for me the order goes like this

1. hydra

2. oscar

3. diaga

i loved the energy in hydra' set i mean shit u saw buster jumping all over him and stuff up there. though he did mess up a few times he recovered well.

diaga has great skills but all the times ive heard him i just cant get into that style of electronic music ... very hard to dance to. i was sitting most of the time for his set until the last 20 min when he went off.

oscar, had the most technical skills but i really didnt feel the energy there that hydra had..

either way its gonna be tough to judge the winner they all did a fantastic job