nynyny

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by naughtybabe

Now a days it just seems like everyone is a WHORE

especially my friends ;):laugh: (guys I love you all but you are.. :laugh: )

COLOR]

HEY!!!! :nono:

I've never cheated...It's a waste of time for all parties involved...

Why bother holding back anyone from being happy with a web of lies and deceit??

Men and women are hard-wired for short-term sex -- but must we obey our brains?

By Daniel DeNoon

WedMD Feature Reviewed By Daniel DeNoon

on Tuesday, August 12, 2003

> Email to a friend > Printer-friendly version

Men and women are programmed for promiscuity. But we differ in our desires.

Paradoxically, both men and women are also programmed to mate for life. Both can choose short-term or long-term sex strategies. What men want, however, differs from what women want.

The theory that men's and women's sexual desires are hard-wired isn't new. It's been controversial for decades. Now a central tenet of evolutionary psychology, the theory holds that our sexual behavior evolved over millennia and is encoded in our brains. We aren't doomed to act out these programs. But they do shape our desires.

According to evolutionary psychology, men and women each evolved their own strategies for seeking sex partners. If that's true, men's sexual desires should be the same for men everywhere. And the desires of men everywhere in the world should differ in the same ways from those of women. The same would hold true for women.

Now there's convincing new evidence that this is so.

It comes from the International Sexuality Description Project, led by David P. Schmitt, PhD, Bradley University, Peoria, Ill. The projects findings appear in the July issue of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. The title sums it up: "Universal Sex Differences in the Desire for Sexual Variety: Tests From 52 Nations, 6 Continents, and 13 Islands."

"Both men and women show signs of being programmed to be monogamous in a certain way and promiscuous in a certain way," Schmitt tells WebMD. "The main difference is in short-term mating strategies, or how men and women go about being promiscuous."

Good Sex Partners vs. Lots of Sex Partners

"We don't say men and women always opt for short-term strategies," Schmitt says. "What we are talking about is that when they go for infidelity or promiscuity, men focus on large numbers and women focus on quality."

What really irks Schmitt is that many people interpret this finding to mean that women are designed to be faithful but men are predestined to be promiscuous. That's not what the evidence shows. Instead, both women and men are fully equipped for one-night stands and lifelong relationships.

Schmitt and colleagues asked men and women all over the world about what they wanted from long-term and short-term sexual relationships.

"What we found is that when men opt for short-term mating, they pursue larger numbers of partners than women," Schmitt says. "When women go short-term mating, they don't go for large numbers. They are a little more discriminating. They look for physically attractive men who have masculine facial features. Women look for men who are symmetrical, who are high in social dominance. This doesn't mean all women will be short-term maters. But when they opt to do so, they show these desires."

Another big difference: Men are ready to say "yes" to sex much more quickly than women. They say they'd need to know a person only a relatively short time before consenting to sex. Women want to know their potential partners significantly longer before sex.

Yet another difference points to the origin of the dumb-blonde stereotype: The minds of men.

"Men's preference for intelligence in short-term mates drops off the scale," Schmitt says. "If you look at what men want in a short-term mating partner, a sexual partner as opposed to a marriage partner, they prefer below-average intelligence."

These different desires hold true regardless of whether women or men are married or single, heterosexual or homosexual. And they hold true across six continents.

http://aolsvc.health.webmd.aol.com/content/article/72/81710.htm

(if you do not have aol go to webmd website they have the article there)

no, i´ve never "cheated" in that way. when i fucked some other girl while i was in a "relationship", i made it clear before we got together that i would not be faithful, but always use a condom and be safe.

that said, from a biological and evolutional standpoint, "relationships" as such are a joke. especially in our age of codoms and other pregnancy prevention methods. "relationships" and "love" (which are mainly created through SEX (see oxytocin)) were intended to bond a male and a female together long enough so they could raise their children. it is definately not natural...

Originally posted by tastey

that said, from a biological and evolutional standpoint, "relationships" as such are a joke. especially in our age of codoms and other pregnancy prevention methods. "relationships" and "love" (which are mainly created through SEX (see oxytocin)) were intended to bond a male and a female together long enough so they could raise their children. it is definately not natural...

hey, guess what? things have changed in the last 10,000 years, and continue to change. gender roles have diverted significantly from what they were in the past, although some "old fashioned" ones do persist in certain communities.

even if the chemicals in our brain haven't yet adapted to make long term relationships easier than just making babies and then breaking up with your mate, what distinguishes humans from animals is our ability to do what is NOT natural. in fact, most of what we do and how we live is decidedly not natural. but we do it anyway, and enjoy it, and persist.

personally, i believe that culture is far more influential than biology.

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

poor mursa this is what happens when u come to the land of fliptoniaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

all ur memories just mesh into one mush of something we call a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ain't that THE TRUTH !!!!!!!! , I even get a lil adrenaline rush just thinking about fliptoniaaa . :)

I had a girlfriend who claimed the same thing.

She turned out to be insane.

So there.

Originally posted by rackham

I had a girlfriend who claimed the same thing.

She turned out to be insane.

So there.

in defense of that statement...the statement not the person...im sure she is insane........

i was getting my masters in sex therapy and we did alot of studying on oxytocin and the way it effects people and their relationships

Originally posted by wideskies

i don't think i'd want to go into a relationship with someone who claimed relationships were "a joke."

you must have been insane as well. :P

Yeah, it was supposed to be a casual thing, and turned into a drawn-out nightmare of a relationship. I'm sure plenty of people can relate. :(

Sorry bud, but the human existance is inextricably intertwined with our environment. We will NEVER know what is "natural" for us. And since humans seem to be social creatures, who weren't really made to exist outside of society- maybe what you see, is simply what you get.

Everyone here has cheated.. NO exception. U just don't remember it, but the pain of separation is imbedded in the core of ur heart ;\

Btw... cheating is not necessarily a physical thing. It's indulging in sexual thoughts with someone else. Ur gf's pick these things up with their mind... That's why so many have mood swings and sh*t. Guys are no diff.. They feel it (even though they are unaware of it) their mood suddenly changes. Then they suspect their gf's... Then it's all downhill from there.

Darlok

U ppl are all lyin/cheatin corpses :) Sooo go right on ahead rejectin the truth u've forgotten and hid away from yourselves. ;\

Closest person here to finding the truth is naughtybabe

Originally posted by darlok

Everyone here has cheated.. NO exception. U just don't remember it, but the pain of separation is imbedded in the core of ur heart ;\

nope, sorry dear. Some of us are actually faithful and believe in trust and companionship ;)

And don't you all love how the person who posed the question asked it in a manner that assumes that everyone cheated :rolleyes:

Originally posted by gmccookny

nope, sorry dear. Some of us are actually faithful and believe in trust and companionship ;)

And don't you all love how the person who posed the question asked it in a manner that assumes that everyone cheated :rolleyes:

Read between the lines (THINK) and then open ur mouth cuz u missed the point, by a HUGE margin.

But see.. ur a perfect example of a person with wayyy too much pride in him. U are not innocent just blind and in denial. Anyway...

i just wish i could find a person that i knew wouldnt cheat on me. doubt it will ever happen. i dont ask for much.

just a beatufiull girl that wont cheat on me. why has god let me down so many times.

why cant i just find the right one.

Originally posted by nynyny

if only money could buy true love.

Heh.. *nods* True Love comes at a heavy price which everyone is (aware of at an inner lvl and SCARED at the same time) Scared because they aren't ready to experience or be reminded of the misery/pain they ONCE went through :(

Originally posted by nynyny

i just wish i could find a person that i knew wouldnt cheat on me. doubt it will ever happen. i dont ask for much.

just a beatufiull girl that wont cheat on me. why has god let me down so many times.

why cant i just find the right one.

HAH.. Neat.. I thought EXACTLY LIKE U! Btw.. just when you think u've looked for that person all over and when ur about to give up on ur search.. IT happens :)