Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SPACE34 - ecstasy bust : NEWS RELEASE !!!

thematrixgirl

NEWS RELEASE:

DEFENDANTS INDICTED FOR ECSTACY DISTRIBUTION

Marcos Daniel Jiménez, United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, and Thomas W. Raffanello, Special Agent in Charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration, announced today that Johannes Bellingrodt, Hector Rafael Constanza, George Anthony Bailey, Edward Torres, Dennis Torres, Syed Raheel Bukhari, Anibal Solivan, Carlos Cardona, Kevin Esteban Olivera, Yamile Del Rocio Alvear, and Rene Garcia were arrested on August 15, 2003, on indictments charging them with distributing three, four-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), also known as "Ecstacy," in violation of Title 21, United States Code, Section 841(a)(1). If convicted, each defendant faces a maximum penalty of 20 years' imprisonment.

The arrested defendants were all former employees, and current employees, or patrons at Club Space 34 and/or Club Space, the nightclub that was renamed Club Space 34 after the club moved locations earlier this year.

Mr. Jiménez commended the investigative efforts of the Drug Enforcement Administration. The case is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorneys Benjamin Greenberg and Yordanka Delionado.

Originally posted by ghost69

It was going to happen sooner or later. If they got busted they deserve it.:blown::hat: damn water sales must have gone down this weekend. J.K.

They may be guilty, but the punishment does not fit the crime.

When the koran was talking about an eye for an eye, they meant to make the punishment fit the crime, in an age when people were being killed for stealing bread.

These folks are going to get screwed when they really didn't harm anyone.

Originally posted by shroomy

They may be guilty, but the punishment does not fit the crime.

When the torah was talking about an eye for an eye, they meant to make the punishment fit the crime, in an age when people were being killed for stealing bread.

These folks are going to get screwed when they really didn't harm anyone.

not everyone is in the Jewish faith .. about the TORA... i bet all these people are probably christian decent.. but the Government is fuckedup...

War on drugs.. meanwhile.. our Fuckin president was a former Alky- and coke user!? :mad:

Was due to happen since when i was there for winter music conference, i was shocked at the security checks(lack of) at the door (checking for drugs, weapons etc)..Clubs in New York were just about doing strip searches before being allowed to enter....

Guest brwneydtrouble

The punishment is BULLSHIT. Murderers and rapists, ESPECIALLY rapists get out in just a few short years, and this is what they call justice??

Selling drugs = 20+ years in prison, no parole

Killing/raping another person = 10 years or so, parole after a couple of years for good behavior.

Remember, selling drugs these days means you are funding terrorists, Osama Bin Laden, Al Queda, etc.

Still look for the weapons of mass destruction.....

It's funny how these guys are being paraded in front of the media, while the real criminals, the homeless that surround Space, go free.

When I read articles like this, I seriously think of taking up a career as a vigilante. I would so love to just eliminate all those parasites and lowlifes around that area...too many of my friends have been assaulted or have had their property damaged by those scumbags.

Originally posted by thematrixgirl

not everyone is in the Jewish faith .. about the TORA... i bet all these people are probably christian decent.. but the Government is fuckedup...

War on drugs.. meanwhile.. our Fuckin president was a former Alky- and coke user!? :mad:

oops... meant koran. and didn't mean it to be a comment about any faith, just that for thousands of years there has been the principle of the punishment should be fair for the crime.

Originally posted by liquidx

Damm, I heard that DEA will be looking into more clubs, and if needed more raids over clubs. So just watch out next time you go out clubbing.

Space was raided after an extended investigation, and no they were not the only club that was looked into. Undercover agents (and underage interns) were sent into most of the clubs in sobe to try and get in underage and by alcohol, and some agents to try and procure drugs in some instances.

Guest saleen351

Man oh man, this thread shows how disillusioned clubbers are! You people are looking at it from a standpoint that no one got hurt. Well I got news for you, before x was a felony it was running rampant and people were dieing. Many more lives were saved with the advent of this law, it’s a deterrent and it’s also a question of morality. Those pills they sold to the under cover agents, could have killed someone. Those people who sold those pills should get what they deserve!

Originally posted by saleen351

Many more lives were saved with the advent of this law, it’s a deterrent and it’s also a question of morality.

Saleen, what law are you referring to, the Rave Act?

As far as punishment, believe me, unless any of them have extensive records, none of them will see anywhere near 20 years. As I mentioned in another thread, I saw most of these guys get released today on personal surety bonds. That happens more often than not when defendants have little or no criminal past, and when prosecutors anticipate sentencing to be on the lower end of the federal guidelines.

As far as what people deserve, it's not like ecstasy users are being forced to buy these pills. They make a choice and have to live (or die) with it. There's enough public education out there on the dangers of ecstasy. Buyer beware.

Yep. They were doing their research even before it moved.. it's is sad about those crackhead bums.. but I bet alot of undercover went into Space, and baught alot of pillz from the managers, and people that worked there and the people that partied there alot.

DEA is federal. Broward/Dade did a huge SWEEP of busts... so im sure alot of it ties into eachother. .. drug rings.

i hate our govrn

Originally posted by thematrixgirl

i hate our govrn

I can sympathize with you, matrixgirl. But it's too easy to have the government. Everyone needs to get involved, even in a small way, when the government tries to pass laws like the Rave Act. Gotta make your voice heard. I know the old saying "what can one person do?" The worst thing to do is stay silent. Peace.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by macboy

Saleen, what law are you referring to, the Rave Act?

As far as punishment, believe me, unless any of them have extensive records, none of them will see anywhere near 20 years. As I mentioned in another thread, I saw most of these guys get released today on personal surety bonds. That happens more often than not when defendants have little or no criminal past, and when prosecutors anticipate sentencing to be on the lower end of the federal guidelines.

As far as what people deserve, it's not like ecstasy users are being forced to buy these pills. They make a choice and have to live (or die) with it. There's enough public education out there on the dangers of ecstasy. Buyer beware.

pre 1999 or some year like that, X was not a felony, the day it became a felony in nj, all the X dried right up....

guys i have i have been reading your post about this for a couple of days now and i find some of you not looking from the outside in

i hate to see a club get raided and all that good drama that goes along with it

and i am not blaming the club or the owner by any means

however lets remember that the people that were selling the drugs need to not be allowed to do so, it is illegal and they should not be allowed to do it

i know, i know, i know if people didnt want to use, there would be no demand that is your basic econ 101 . . .right saleen

but the people in the club were breaking the law and should be punished, i am not saying the club or the owner should and stop telling me about the rave act

i think that was ment for the times of when the owners new the dealers in the club and allowed them to do so, i am hoping those times are behind us now

but lets look at it for the view of the police, people are doing something illegal so it is the job of the police to find and arrest them

and lets not forget they did not shut down the club or arrest the owner . . .yet . . .so relax with all the drama about that and wait until the whole things gets dragged though the courts over the next couple of months/years whateverrrr . . .

in the mean time i wish the best to the good employees and the owner

peace,

Slim007 :afro: