Clubplanet Nightlife Community

question on the old space venue

skywalker01

i have heard rumors that someone has bought/will buy the old space venue and was trying to confirm. i drop into miami every now and then and was REALLY yearning for that old space vibe (i'm sure most of you know what i'm talkin' about! out on the patio at daybreak was truly special!) space34 has been a disappointment the few times i have been. any news would be appreciated. ---peace

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you want that crack den look, huh? Little corners to scurry into when it gets too bright? :laugh:

Well, the new tenants are supposedly from crobar, so there's gonna be no such luck when they take over the building...it'll be like crobar with low cielings.

Hehe...well, whomever the new owners are, they're not gonna be able to replicate the "old space feel"...it's been tried before, not with space, but with other clubs...think reunion parties, "back to..." parties...and so forth...:laugh:

maybe they can't replicate the feel, but i still think the old venue has potential. again, part of my problem with space34 is the size. anyway, so i guess nobody can confirm the rumors just yet about who will occupy the old venue and when it might open, so we'll just have to wait and see!!:)

Guest saleen351

crobar has something to do with it, but i also heard that it will be 4 rooms and each club will buy a room....

Originally posted by erickamikaze

I am not getting the whole divide into 4 thing. It is a decent size club but into 4 seperate clubs, or into 4 rooms with one main entrance?

Can you picture the size clubs on the 600 block of Washington Ave.? ... something like that ... don't know how they'll handle the liquor licenses thou ... :blank:

It's bound to bomb in that configuration.

I hope they don't decide to do that...

A scumbag hip-hop atmosphere would suck in downtown.

The beach has already been taken over by misfits, thugs, hip-hop morons, and other such degenerates, downtown has the possibility to be free of such nonsense...I hope to hell there's no 600 block equivalent going on downtown. People need a sanctuary from that crap...I don't want those people downtown.

HMMMMM...sounds very interesting what I'm reading. If its true that they're having four rooms, wouldn't it be the same only difference would be the 4 rooms would have different ownership?

Anyway, I do hope that they do bring back that old feeling from Club Space...it is dearly missed.:(

Guest saleen351

some facts.....

1. all the bars are gone, mr lp went nuts and destroyed all of them with a Bobcat...

2. Then mr lp poured concrete down the drains, since he built them in the first place.

3. LP is being sued for this

4. patio was never zoned for a patio, space just did it and the city said nothing, so now the new club has to actually get it zoned as part of the club, cause of right now it's zoned as a loading zone.

5. the patio is where it's at... Why compete with space before 5am? rebuild the old patio, and crush space...

Originally posted by saleen351

some facts.....

1. all the bars are gone, mr lp went nuts and destroyed all of them with a Bobcat...

2. Then mr lp poured concrete down the drains, since he built them in the first place.

LOW-CLASS SCUM is all I can say.

Well, I can say more, but I won't.

Originally posted by saleen351

some facts.....

4. patio was never zoned for a patio, space just did it and the city said nothing, so now the new club has to actually get it zoned as part of the club, cause of right now it's zoned as a loading zone.

5. the patio is where it's at... Why compete with space before 5am? rebuild the old patio, and crush space...

Wow, if he did do that, that is some crazy shit! :eek:

OOOHHH LADIES....

You two are becoming almost as predictable as Saleen...

I think you guys have a thing for LP...You never pass up an opportunity on this board to comment on him...

question....

what would you guys have done in this situation?

Leave the club fully intact for the next person to just come in and operate...and compete?

Keep in mind...when the warehouse formerly known as Space was first leased it was exactly that....a warehouse...

It had no bathrooms...no bars..no plumbing, electrical...the roof was totally fucked...

Even if LP destroyed all of that....he still turned it in in better condition than he got it in...

c'mon ladies...the hating doesn't suit you..

:tongue:

Originally posted by djoscarg

OOOHHH LADIES....

You two are becoming almost as predictable as Saleen...

I think you guys have a thing for LP...You never pass up an opportunity on this board to comment on him...

question....

what would you guys have done in this situation?

Leave the club fully intact for the next person to just come in and operate...and compete?

Keep in mind...when the warehouse formerly known as Space was first leased it was exactly that....a warehouse...

It had no bathrooms...no bars..no plumbing, electrical...the roof was totally fucked...

Even if LP destroyed all of that....he still turned it in in better condition than he got it in...

c'mon ladies...the hating doesn't suit you..

:tongue:

so if you ever rented an apartment or house and you did a little fixing here and there, then when your lease ended you fucked the things up again so the next tenant or the lessee had to fix them up again?

I don't understand your thinking really.....but to each its own. :rolleyes: