Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Miami's Underground House Scene

philippio

Ok ok, I know Miami is east coast and tech/prog house is really big here but I was kinda hoping to find some west coast house aficionados/dj's who know the funky, groovy workings of producers like...

David Alvarado, Pete Moss, Master D, Tony Hewitt, Alex Moran, Jay Tripwire, Tony Thomas, Onionz, Lance deSardi, Jay-J, Chris Lum, Joeski, Jado, Dizzy, Grant Dell and Gareth Oxby, LHK, Da Sunlounge, Ralph Lawson, Nick Holder, DJ Garth, John Howard, Mark Farina, Noel Nanton, Halo & Hipp-E, DJ Taco, etc...

I know Grooveman and Uncle Sam's carry some of their stuff on occasion but I was wondering if anyone in Miami spins it on a regular basis (other than during wmc)???

Any help would be appreciated!:confused:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by philippio

Ok ok, I know Miami is east coast and tech/prog house is really big here but I was kinda hoping to find some west coast house aficionados/dj's who know the funky, groovy workings of producers like...

David Alvarado, Pete Moss, Master D, Tony Hewitt, Alex Moran, Jay Tripwire, Tony Thomas, Onionz, Lance deSardi, Jay-J, Chris Lum, Joeski, Jado, Dizzy, Grant Dell and Gareth Oxby, LHK, Da Sunlounge, Ralph Lawson, Nick Holder, DJ Garth, John Howard, Mark Farina, Noel Nanton, Halo & Hipp-E, DJ Taco, etc...

I know Grooveman and Uncle Sam's carry some of their stuff on occasion but I was wondering if anyone in Miami spins it on a regular basis (other than during wmc)???

You are talking my game sir!!

Originally posted by philippio

check out Danny Mitchell at Blue on Saturdays, he was really into that whole West Coast sound for a while

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by eKiTeL

check out Danny Mitchell at Blue on Saturdays, he was really into that whole West Coast sound for a while

Hey Eric, I finally make out to Blue last night for the first time in like 50 years and guess who's not spinning??!?!?!?!

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Hey Eric, I finally make out to Blue last night for the first time in like 50 years and guess who's not spinning??!?!?!?!

I usually spin until about 1 am, but last night there were some other guest DJ's so I was finished at 12

sorry it was a surprise to me also, maybe next time!

Besides...I wouldn't even define Dan as West Coast House....West Coast House to me is Migs, Jay-J and Chris Lum, Marques Wyatt....Dan is much harder than what people usually think West Coast House is. He's damn Funky as hell and one of the best technical House DJs around.

Originally posted by lyrik

Besides...I wouldn't even define Dan as West Coast House....West Coast House to me is Migs, Jay-J and Chris Lum, Marques Wyatt.....

Doc Martin, Dubtribe even mark farina released some comps under imperial dub. That's what I thought was the west coast sound was as well.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by eKiTeL

I usually spin until about 1 am, but last night there were some other guest DJ's so I was finished at 12

sorry it was a surprise to me also, maybe next time!

Thats when I got there, at midnight. I had called Fernando, and he said he was already there so I wanted to swing by. He's never there that early. *lol* I was hoping to hear you but the guy from san Francisco was spinning. Were you still there or had you left already?

Besides...I wouldn't even define Dan as West Coast House....West Coast House to me is Migs, Jay-J and Chris Lum, Marques Wyatt....Dan is much harder than what people usually think West Coast House is. He's damn Funky as hell and one of the best technical House DJs around.

your completely right about that - years ago, dan was the funkiest dj around with the purest house vibe - he's gotten harder and more technoey as of late though.. for this gig at nerve, he's agreed to be more funky and deeper as too suite the small room - he is going to devastate this town.. for me, he's one of the most talented dj's I've ever watched play - he got me into this scene and its going to be a pleasure to finally work with a guy of his caliber - I feel you on the migs, chris lum thing though - would like hippe and halo in town also - they are wicked!

Guest saleen351

Don't be mad...just cause Dan could out DJ any NJ DJ....its okay!

well a NJ dj is playing space on labor day weekend, and dj dan isn't........

next......................

Originally posted by saleen351

well a NJ dj is playing space on labor day weekend, and dj dan isn't........

next......................

Well if you want to compare venues, countries and tour schedules for that matter...I promise you - compared to Denny, Dan has triple the amount of bookings and has played the world's largest clubs and will continue to be booked this way until he retires. Next.

PS - I gotta ask....have you even heard or seen what he can do, i'm not just talking about being flawless...I'm talking turntable tricks, scratching, etc.

Well if you want to compare venues, countries and tour schedules for that matter...I promise you - compared to Denny, Dan has triple the amount of bookings and has played the world's largest clubs and will continue to be booked this way until he retires. Next.

PS - I gotta ask....have you even heard or seen what he can do, i'm not just talking about being flawless...I'm talking turntable tricks, scratching, etc.

Amen :rolleyes:

Originally posted by jcbliss

your completely right about that - years ago, dan was the funkiest dj around with the purest house vibe - he's gotten harder and more technoey as of late though.. for this gig at nerve, he's agreed to be more funky and deeper as too suite the small room - he is going to devastate this town.. for me, he's one of the most talented dj's I've ever watched play - he got me into this scene and its going to be a pleasure to finally work with a guy of his caliber - I feel you on the migs, chris lum thing though - would like hippe and halo in town also - they are wicked!

Great news Jon...me and my friends will definitely be there for this....I would love to see my hometown boy Halo in Miami too (ah hem..cough cough..DJ Heather too)!

Dan is so fucking good...the way he drops tracks and looks at the crowds expressin like he knows it will fuck them up....I can't wait I am so ready for this....MIAMI is finally coming around to House this year.....major Props for what you are doing there Jon!

DJ Dan ???, really ??? the problem is that people don't come out for theses gigs ! I went to see Mauricio Aviles last year at Oxygen and the place emptied out by 3. recently for Marques W. and Opium was somewhat empty !! (just a few examples of nights that should have been packed !). I think people too much about the scene rather than the music

Lyrik, we seem to have the same idea as to who's west coast. I find DJ Dan's stuff more proggy (in a good way) although there have been some excellent west coast remixes from the likes of H Foundation (namely Put the Record Back On). His sets are definitely something not to be missed. I really like his "dirty" mixing style and quirky effects.

Great news Jon...me and my friends will definitely be there for this....I would love to see my hometown boy Halo in Miami too (ah hem..cough cough..DJ Heather too)!

Dan is so fucking good...the way he drops tracks and looks at the crowds expressin like he knows it will fuck them up....I can't wait I am so ready for this....MIAMI is finally coming around to House this year.....major Props for what you are doing there Jon!

Thankyou - the props are definitely apreciated big time!