Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Government to ban fun of any kind...

cooljunkie

Originally posted by saleen351

:confused: :confused: :confused:

;) ... it would be constitutional to get someone convicted in a case like the one you described ... is witnessing a crime and not doing anything about it ... at least a law which can get a Supreme Court ruling ...

As oppossed to the Rave act which is unconstitutional ...

Enlighten us Macboy :D

it's one thing to pass this kind of legistlation, it's another matter entirely to make it stick, this is just so that cheesy politicians can make themselves look good to their backwards ass constituents, but when they actually try to prosecute someone it'll go the Supreme Court and get over-turned

This whole Rave Act 2 simply STINKS...

Soon enuff we will ALL be obligated to abide to a Mandatory Curfew and will only be allowed to listen to 'harmless' jingles on the radio..(demolition man style):rolleyes:

One thing is true, tho.. and it still amazes me.. Wherever you go party up in NYC, be it the roxy, arc, centro, SF or exit; they ALWAYS have strict security searches before entering the club, and def pre 9-11... Some places tougher than others but they do check ur pockets, cell phones, cigarettes, gum.. candy, chap stick.. damn everything... even metal detectors in most cases, and here in MIAMI Nothing!... its like the two opposite ends... At least a pat down would be appropriate just to pretend club owners concern... that i def dont understand...

peace!

mp3.- :smoke:

Originally posted by saleen351

thus why the clubs in miami are gonna get shut down... it's cosmetic security....

and just so yous know they are going after the hip hop clubs, they are busting the underage drinking...

Yep and its started..Club Deep was one of them but within a week they were operational again. Things are definitely changing...no matter where you go.

For those too lazy to look for it, here is the text of the new bill, sponsored by five congressmen, four of whom are Democrats, and two of whom are from the great state of Saleen:

Ecstasy Awareness Act of 2003 (Introduced in House)

HR 2962 IH

108th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 2962

To prevent the abuse of the illegal drug commonly called ecstasy.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

July 25, 2003

Mr. PASCRELL (for himself, Mr. TERRY, Mr. PALLONE, Mr. ETHERIDGE, and Mr. CAPUANO) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce, and in addition to the Committees on the Judiciary, and Education and the Workforce, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned

A BILL

To prevent the abuse of the illegal drug commonly called ecstasy.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Ecstasy Awareness Act of 2003'.

SEC. 2. PROFITING FROM RAVES.

Section 416 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 856) is amended by adding at the end the following:

`© Whoever profits monetarily from a rave or similar electronic dance event, knowing or having reason to know that the unlawful use or distribution of a controlled substance occurs at the rave or similar event, shall be fined not more than $500,000 or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the defendant is an organization, the fine imposable for the offense is not more than $2,000,000.'.

SEC. 3. GRANTS FOR PROSECUTION OF ECSTASY OFFENSES.

In addition to any other amounts authorized to be appropriated for such purpose, there are authorized to be appropriated to the Attorney General $10,000,000 for fiscal year 2004 to make grants to provide training to State and local prosecutors and law enforcement agents for prosecution of ecstasy offenses.

SEC. 4. GRANTS FOR EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES TO PREVENT OR REDUCE THE USE OF ECSTASY.

Section 4115(B)(1) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 7115(B)(1)) is amended--

(1) in subparagraph ©, by striking `and' at the end;

(2) in subparagraph (D), by striking the period at the end and inserting `; and'; and

(3) by adding at the end the following:

`(E) include activities to prevent or reduce the use of the illegal drug commonly called ecstasy.'.

this has been in the works for years.

all you can really do is party ur assssssss offf and fuck the gov and their anti-fun BULLSHIT.

don't let this delay you, enjoy life. The gov. has u working 5 and for some 6 day a week.... we need to party and escape.

They will try to close clubs! but they will fail. their will always be party for us.

Support you fav clubs, attend and party like if there was no tomorrow.

SPACE 34 this weekend will be fun !!

Originally posted by xxgrooveericxx

Yes! Vote for no more Bush 2004.....

this is a test of your reading comprehension. read this passage, and then answer the questions that follow:

hr 2962, the "ecstasy awareness act," is sponsored by bill pascrell, a democrat from new jersey. the bill is co-sponsored by michael capuano, a democrat from massachusetts, frank pallone, a democrat from new jersey, and bob etheridge, a democrat from north carolina.

the "reducing americans' vulnerability to ecstasy (rave) act of 2002" was sponsored in the senate by joe biden, a democrat from delaware, and in the house by lamar smith, a democrat from texas.

this year, the original "rave act" language was inserted into the "justice enhancement and domestic security act of 2003" by tom daschle, the senate minority leader and (you guessed it) a democrat from south dakota. when that bill didn't become law, joe biden (still a democrat) attached the "rave act" provisions to the popular "amber alert" bill when it was in committee, so that it would become law without any floor debate.

1. what political party is most responsible for enacting the original rave act?

2. what political party is most responsible for sponsoring the rave act sequel?

3. which political party do you blame for this outrageous legislation?

(a) george bush and those right-wing republicans!

(B) ralph nader and those vote-sucking greens.

© uh, the libertarians?

(d) none of the above

The only thing that totally pisses me off is I personally feel that Hip hop was only brought maintsream do to the tolerance of weed smoking. My parents understand that DRUG, but got forbid someone does something No one knows about then its the fucking Music. Give me a god damn break 75% of our parents did the same fucking thing but not with x, g, k, etc. Its a fucking joke do some research then ban it. Im so sorry im not running around tripping on acid, shrooms etc.

Pete

It's not as bad as in Sweden yet, where they have an undercover "rave police" in the clubs checking your eyes to see if your on something. If they suspect you are, they take you to the station and drug test and process you right there. Now that's a buzzkill!!!

Originally posted by saintjohn

so, "e" is the answer?

seriously, though, i've got to agree with you. i've been disappointed so many times, i just can't trust any politician or party anymore.

Yes, "E" is my final answer......

dah dah dah

Correct! ::ding ding:: I win!

:laugh:

Politics are so complicated...and corrupt, what can we do?

By the way, any word on the WMD's yet?!?

We still have the sales receipts...:rolleyes: