Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Materialistic!!!

lollib

Does the size of the ring really matter that much when a person gets engaged? One of my best friends just got engaged and my other friend has asked me 3 separate times how big the diamond is. I dont know why she keeps asking cause it wont affect her life one way or another. I dont know, it is just really getting to me that she keeps asking. How do I ask her nicely why the size matters so much to her???

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously if it's not huge and expensive it means he doesn't love you. Duh! I mean, you spend all that time together, telling each other how much you're in love, and then he refuses to empty his bank account on a ring?!? C'mon people! What a loser!!! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by rackham

Obviously if it's not huge and expensive it means he doesn't love you. Duh! I mean, you spend all that time together, telling each other how much you're in love, and then he refuses to empty his bank account on a ring?!? C'mon people! What a loser!!! :rolleyes:

thank you! a token of his appreciation.

Size does matter to some people but as soon as I told my friend she got engaged, she was like how big is it? That is a little ridiculous. And my friend loves it so that is all that matters. Besides, it is a beautiful ring, good size but the fact of her asking is irritating!

I'm sorry, materialistic or not, I want a nice ring..and if you can't afford it, than you shouldn't be proposing in the first place. I'm not the type of person that dates guys for money but I think that when a guy proposes to a girl, since for some of us it only happens once in a life time, it should be special... So, whether you admit it or not, size REALLY does matter!!!:)

Originally posted by tranzwhore

oh i don't care what girls say ......... size does matter.

i am sooooooo happy with the ring my honey picked out.

it is lovely and since I am a big girl (5'9"), I needed something that was to my proportion. It's more than I ever dreamed of.

I love u Lextcy! 4 ever!

i'm right there with ya, t.w. i'm VERY happy with the one my man picked out as well. he has great taste in jewelry. it has no bearing on how much i love him...the fact that it came from him is what mattered. But, let's face it, most girls would LOVE a big diamond (including me). So if you could get it, i say why not. size does matter to most chicks but you also have to consider the QUALITY. Just because a diamond is huge does not mean a lot was spent on it. it could be poor clarity and color which would make it pretty inexpensive. think i know my diamonds?...lol i once knew a girl who tried to convince me that the ring she was wearing was a 3 ct. diamond when it was pretty obvious that it was a CZ :rolleyes:

bottom line is, it should NOT matter how big the diamond is. that's not what you are getting married for. if it is, then don't count on your relationship lasting forever.

anywho, just like guys appreciate cars, girls appreciate diamonds. i appreciate both ;):hat:

Originally posted by sexxyme

I'm sorry, materialistic or not, I want a nice ring..and if you can't afford it, than you shouldn't be proposing in the first place. I'm not the type of person that dates guys for money but I think that when a guy proposes to a girl, since for some of us it only happens once in a life time, it should be special... So, whether you admit it or not, size REALLY does matter!!!:)

I didnt say size doesnt matter to anyone but it is just annoying that my friend keeps asking what size her ring is. Like the size of the ring will affect her life in some way. I dont know, I never ask anyone how big their ring is. if they want to tell me, they will.

thank you! a token of his appreciation.

I was being sarcastic.

*whoooooosh!*

I'm sorry, materialistic or not, I want a nice ring..and if you can't afford it, than you shouldn't be proposing in the first place. I'm not the type of person that dates guys for money but I think that when a guy proposes to a girl, since for some of us it only happens once in a life time, it should be special... So, whether you admit it or not, size REALLY does matter!!! :)

So what you're saying is, somebody wanting to spend the rest of his life with you isn't special unless it's accompanied by an expensive trinket, the bigger the better.

:blank:

Originally posted by xlr8ted

goldgrpstr1.gif

LOL

In my humble opinion- big rocks are gaudy. My mom got a gorgeous antique ring when she got engaged... not only was it only $1200... it's one of a kind.

Not that I will have any say when the time comes... I'll proudly display whatever he chooses to give me.

when i get engaged, i want to have an EXCHANGE of some sort... ie, both people wear rings, or bracelets, or whatever.

if you can't afford it, than you shouldn't be proposing in the first place

so why is it that it's only the *man* who needs to prove he's financially viable?... unless, of course, you're planning to rely on your spouse to support you rather than sharing in the expenses of living together.

Originally posted by wideskies

when i get engaged, i want to have an EXCHANGE of some sort... ie, both people wear rings, or bracelets, or whatever.

so why is it that it's only the *man* who needs to prove he's financially viable?... unless, of course, you're planning to rely on your spouse to support you rather than sharing in the expenses of living together.

I would never rely on my spouse for financial support!!!..BUT..when it comes to this, I was raised to believe that a guy should be financially stable before he decides to propose to a girl!, which brings me to my previous quote...if you can't afford it, dont propose..how are you planning on getting married, if you're not financially stable?

I would never rely on my spouse for financial support!!!..BUT..when it comes to this, I was raised to believe that a guy should be financially stable before he decides to propose to a girl!, which brings me to my previous quote...if you can't afford it, dont propose..how are you planning on getting married, if you're not financially stable?

i agree with your statement 100%

but sometimes people don't think about it, and forgo all logic when they get engaged, and don't think about

kids, a house, cars, dual income and the such

also there are people whom believe that the ring proves the financial viability of the man, when this is not the fact

a man may buy his soon to be wife a smaller ring in hopes of saving up for a better financial future

maybe he's saving up for a condo or a house..

Originally posted by lollib

Does the size of the ring really matter that much when a person gets engaged? One of my best friends just got engaged and my other friend has asked me 3 separate times how big the diamond is. I dont know why she keeps asking cause it wont affect her life one way or another. I dont know, it is just really getting to me that she keeps asking. How do I ask her nicely why the size matters so much to her???

Give her a fucken cracker box ring. If she cares sh dont love you kid.

You fucken pussy faggot dick sucker

Originally posted by daemoncel

also there are people whom believe that the ring proves the financial viability of the man, when this is not the fact

a man may buy his soon to be wife a smaller ring in hopes of saving up for a better financial future

maybe he's saving up for a condo or a house..

:idea:

So just how much money does a man have to spend on a ring to qualify as "financially stable"? How do you define "financially stable"?

There are plenty of guys who go into debt to buy their girlfriends HUGE rings, and they are most certainly NOT financially stable. There are other men who are rich out the ass but are too frugal to buy a plastic spider ring.

Sorry (some of you) ladies, but if it matters that much to you, I don't think it's really love or that you know what's important in a marriage. Tranzwhore, I'm glad you're happy with your ring, but would you love your man any less if it had come with a smaller rock? Does it really make a difference???

Rings are a waist of money your insain.

I just love when a guys goes out of his way to impress her and thinks that it is all about size and he buys a nasty cut diamond just because it was bigger than the nicer cut... When it comes down to it. You may see the size from a distance... But the people who are going to look at it that are close enough to you are your friends and family. And they will notice all the flaws...

Quality, Not quantity... I would rather buy a 1ct. Diamond with a beautiful platinum setting and a clean cut. Than to buy a 3ct. Diamond with a so so setting and a shitty cut...

Just my .02

Originally posted by rackham

So just how much money does a man have to spend on a ring to qualify as "financially stable"? How do you define "financially stable"?

There are plenty of guys who go into debt to buy their girlfriends HUGE rings, and they are most certainly NOT financially stable. There are other men who are rich out the ass but are too frugal to buy a plastic spider ring.

Well I never said the rock has to be huge, I said the ring must be nice..and hey, if I don't love him, I won't be with him, don't forget that..before anything, the most important thing in the relationship is love!

Also, when I say financially stable, I mean..that he can afford to get a nice ring for a girl among other things and wont have to go into debt by doing so!