Clubplanet Nightlife Community

***OFFICIAL*** Oxford Dictionary ***OFFICIAL***

therunner

Unbelievable! THIS Is In the Dictionary?

This is how you can tell the English language is alive and well on Planet Earth: We're creating new words. A lot of them. So many that the venerable Oxford English Dictionary has added 3,000 new words to its pages. Read just a sampling of these and update your vocabulary. And be happy that the English language is so much FUN! A sampling of some of the new words:

bada bing (also bada bing bada boom): An exclamation to emphasize that something will happen effortlessly and predictably.

blog: Shorthand for Web log.

bootylicious: Thanks to Destiny's Child, this is a description of exceptional booty. The song lyrics that changed the dictionary: "Cause my body too bootylicious for ya babe."

bubkis: Nothing, as in zilch.

cantopop: Asian pop industry featuring Cantonese lyrics and western style music.

cyberslacker: Someone who uses his or her company's Internet connection during work hours to surf the Net for personal use.

data smog: The impenetrable amount of facts available online.

Eeyorish: Refers to the character Eeyore in "Winnie the Pooh," who was known for his gloomy outlook on life.

egosurf: Someone who searches the Internet for references to himself or herself.

lovely jubbly: An expression of delight that originates from the British TV comedy "Only Fools and Horses."

muggle: A person without magical powers.

muppet: A foolish person.

turntablist: A DJ proficient at spinning records.

robata: A type of charcoal grill used in Japanese cooking.

shotgun cloning: The insertion of random fragments of DNA.

shovelware: Low-priced games or other programs packaged into higher-priced collections.

prairie-dogging: Office workers in cubicles who raise their heads above the partitions surrounding their desks to see what is going on.

Originally posted by therunner

I don't know Cyberslackin and Prairie doggin are kinda close. But I thought "prairie doggin" was when you had to take a shit really bad.

lol Yeah.. That's what I thought it meant too.. :laugh: God damn.. that's funny. You just made my day!! ha!