Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ultra Music Festival Labor Day Event News & Information

Guest saleen351

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by sandiegino

There were more than a few massives in the past 5 years that were comparable to Ultra. Nocturnal Wonderland is happening this LDW with a great line-up and they are expecting between 20k - 30k people. There is the Electric Daisy Carnival which just happened about 2 months ago and had a turnout of about 15k people. Theres Coachella which is a 2 day event with a sick EDM line-up and live acts like Underworld, Bjork, Beastie Boys. I wouldnt consider these cheese-fests.

Yeah yeah I know, theres Cyberfest, Planet New Year, Coachella and all the fun festivals.. yes they are cool, but Ultra is the only festival in the UNITED STATES that has brought, and keeps bringing the TOP 5 DJS in the world together.. name a festival like that, and it would have to be one of Europes. More then that, they are the only festival that I know of that brings so many top DJ names. Im not talking in terms of competition here, but in terms of Talent and DJ's. Yes the other festivals do bring about 1 or 2 big names and stuff, but the rest are locals, I would still go, but in comparison when it comes to DJ names and talent.. I think there's still gotta be more quality fests like Ultra hopefully.

Originally posted by liquidx

Yeah yeah I know, theres Cyberfest, Planet New Year, Coachella and all the fun festivals.. yes they are cool, but Ultra is the only festival in the UNITED STATES that has brought, and keeps bringing the TOP 5 DJS in the world together.. name a festival like that, and it would have to be one of Europes. More then that, they are the only festival that I know of that brings so many top DJ names. Im not talking in terms of competition here, but in terms of Talent and DJ's. Yes the other festivals do bring about 1 or 2 big names and stuff, but the rest are locals, I would still go, but in comparison when it comes to DJ names and talent.. I think there's still gotta be more quality fests like Ultra hopefully.

the west coast festivals are a lot , more diverse in their musical taste, as are the participants. so you don’t need a heavy load of Top 5 DJ’s. . take a look at this lineup for Cyberfest 2003 . not to bad IMO.

not loaded with top 5 DJ’s, but certainly a very diverse and talented pool of talent. not to mention the event is an indoor and outdoor event.

not to take anything away from Ultra, because they do a great job, but let’s not get so over zealous.

;)

Yes the other festivals do bring about 1 or 2 big names and stuff

I dont think 1 or 2 big names will make 40k - 50k people drive from all over the west to attend a festival.

There are other festivals like ULTRA but i will say that their line-ups during WMC are among the best i have seen. I really hope they dont get discouraged by the things that have happened with the city of Miami and continue to have them because its always nice to have that option during WMC.

As a promoter myself, I really feel bad for Ultra. The beach party would have been a huge success (unless it rained)

I can't imagine the feeling that must have over taken them when the city dropped the news.

Ultra, I hope this works out for you. I was planning on going to see Groove Armada and our boys DHM but now its at night and I am doing an event as well so I cannot attend.

For those that like the line-up, support this event.

I wonder if Ultra thought about the Ice Palace. I like that more than the convention center, but I know time was running out.

Originally posted by sobeton

Terry your post is just tacky. you are a part of Prototype Entertainment Group, which is a direct competitor of Ultra Fest. Prototype Entertainment Group is the same organization ,that produced the Unity Music Festival, last May on the beach. if I’m not mistaken.

my questions for you are: who the hell do you think your kidding with your post? what’s your REAL agenda?? :confused:

Ultra has been putting together events for years; they have a global presence and are well respected in the industry. Rey Navarrow, Head of Promotions of Ultra Music is also well regarded. for you to come on this board and make statements, I doubt you can support. appears more like jealously then anything else. I am sure Ultra covered ALL their bases, after all they have been in the business for years, and have already done events on Miami Beach before. ;)

last years almost cancellation of Ultra ,had little to do with toilet facilities, etc. you know it, and the people on this board know it. so don’t play yourself! it had to do with a over zealous mayor, looking to appease his conservative constituents.

in light of the raid a few weeks back at Space, the almost cancellation of last years ultra, the Elicit Drug Anti Proliferation Act of 2003, and current political environment as it relates to Electronic Music, and it’s supporters. it is very clear the city had some issues to address, and a political agenda to push forward.

I sincerely doubt after spending major $$$$$$ on advertising, and having the experience that Ultra has. that Ultra was at the root of the problem.

do you have any valid proof to the contrary Terry?:confused:

the city just realized last week, they didn’t have enough Police to cover the event, and the surrounding areas. give me a f*cking break! :mad: this is the same city that can manage, to handle the yearly Hip-Hop Convention. which attracts well over 60,000 people over a three day period. yet they could not handle, a simple one day beach festival. which you know would attract less people. sounds to me more like political bullshit, rather then legitimate concerns.

instead of seeking to destroy Ultra’s reputation, why don’t you offer your expertise to them? since after all you’re a "Pro" at this..

I'm gonna make this short and sweet. You're wrong about this so-called Unity Music Festival and you're also wrong about the Police. Come on. Do you really think that if this event was planned properly, 90 days before the event, that the city of Miami Beach couldn't put together force to handle 6,000 people?? We shouldn't even be talking about this subject right now because had ULTRA submitted the CORRECT PLAN 90 DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT, they would've gotten an answer from the Police then.

Now about the toilet issue of ULTRA 5. You just totally took the post out of context. I suggest that you carefully read the posts that you're replying to, BEFORE you reply. I never said that they're problems from the previous event had to do with toilets.

I have a copy of the requirements from the Health Dept. and will gladly send you a copy. They're weren't enough portable facilities and they're weren't enough urinals, toilets and sinks for the 40,000 people that THEY SAY attended.

Now in closing I'd like to tell you that I'm merely speaking the truth. I know it hurts some of you people because you think that the owners of ULTRA are the GOLDEN CHILDREN, but like I stated in my first post. Alot of people and companies were left hanging from past ULTRA events and this was supposd to be taken care of. Well guess what? It hasn't been taken care of. This in itself will ruin the name of an event or promotions company. I have the list of people and companies who went out on a limb to help ULTRA and got shafted. I talk to these people every week.

If anyone knows ULTRA's weaknesses, I think it would be me.

FC

PS. Hey, don't get pissed at me. I didn't promise you a Beach party on Labor Day weekend. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by festivalcre8or

I'm gonna make this short and sweet. You're wrong about this so-called Unity Music Festival and you're also wrong about the Police. Come on. Do you really think that if this event was planned properly, 90 days before the event, that the city of Miami Beach couldn't put together force to handle 6,000 people?? We shouldn't even be talking about this subject right now because had ULTRA submitted the CORRECT PLAN 90 DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT, they would've gotten an answer from the Police then.

Now about the toilet issue of ULTRA 5. You just totally took the post out of context. I suggest that you carefully read the posts that you're replying to, BEFORE you reply. I never said that they're problems from the previous event had to do with toilets.

I have a copy of the requirements from the Health Dept. and will gladly send you a copy. They're weren't enough portable facilities and they're weren't enough urinals, toilets and sinks for the 40,000 people that THEY SAY attended.

Now in closing I'd like to tell you that I'm merely speaking the truth. I know it hurts some of you people because you think that the owners of ULTRA are the GOLDEN CHILDREN, but like I stated in my first post. Alot of people and companies were left hanging from past ULTRA events and this was supposd to be taken care of. Well guess what? It hasn't been taken care of. This in itself will ruin the name of an event or promotions company. I have the list of people and companies who went out on a limb to help ULTRA and got shafted. I talk to these people every week.

If anyone knows ULTRA's weaknesses, I think it would be me.

FC

PS. Hey, don't get pissed at me. I didn't promise you a Beach party on Labor Day weekend. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Terry,

Let me make my reply short and not so sweet.;)

You have yet to put forth anything, more then allegations you can't support. I read your post, you obviously didn’t read mine. I though it was very interesting, that you amended your signature, to remove any affiliation with Prototype Entertainment Group . Fortunately for you not everyone, is as stupid as you are.;)

So do me and everyone else that wants to enjoy Ultra a favor. Just STFU because know one cares, about your little vendetta with Ultra.

And your next event is when ?? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by sobeton

Terry,

Let me make my reply short and not so sweet.;)

You have yet to put forth anything, more then allegations you can't support. I read your post, you obviously didn’t read mine. I though it was very interesting, that you amended your signature, to remove any affiliation with Prototype Entertainment Group . Fortunately for you not everyone, is as stupid as you are.;)

So do me and everyone else that wants to enjoy Ultra a favor. Just STFU because no cares, about your little vendetta with Ultra.

And your next event is when ?? :rolleyes:

intresting !! what does all that mean ?:confused: :confused:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

Terry was fired from Ultra years ago and he has never gotten over it.

Let's get back to the subject. Why isn't the ULTRA Sunset Beach Party on the sand?? I know why. Do you?

Also, there are alot more lucrative shows in several parts of the world. People who pay their vendors. Real concerts. ULTRA is one show a year, big deal. Some of us do REAL SHOWS for a living. We're not just weekend concert cow boys like A and R.

Another thing. ULTRA needs to be thinking WMC, Bill Kelly. Without the WMC, there would be no ULTRA.

FC

PS. No matter what Alex tells you about me, he knows the real story. ULTRA WILL NEVER BE ON THE SAND OF SOUTH BEACH EVER AGAIN!!! Get that through your thick head.

Let's get back to the subject. Why isn't the ULTRA Sunset Beach Party on the sand?? I know why. Do you?

Also, there are alot more lucrative shows in several parts of the world. People who pay their vendors. Real concerts. ULTRA is one show a year, big deal. Some of us do REAL SHOWS for a living. We're not just weekend concert cow boys like A and R.

Another thing. ULTRA needs to be thinking WMC, Bill Kelly. Without the WMC, there would be no ULTRA.

FC

PS. No matter what Alex tells you about me, he knows the real story. ULTRA WILL NEVER BE ON THE SAND OF SOUTH BEACH EVER AGAIN!!! Get that through your thick head.

Terry, Ultra fired you a long time ago, so stop wasting everyone's time and get over yourself.

Guest saleen351

while the idiots on this board bitch and moan about the event being moved and blaming the city, i went out and found out the truth. Ultra dropped the ball, they never had approval from the cops and they summited it too late, and of course the cops doing their job said no way too the event.

Originally posted by saleen351

while the idiots on this board bitch and moan about the event being moved and blaming the city, i went out and found out the truth. Ultra dropped the ball, they never had approval from the cops and they summited it too late, and of course the cops doing their job said no way too the event.

Wow man. I guess there was some truth in my post huh? Make sure that Soborton person reads you post. Nothing against the dance music scene or anything, but ULTRA always does that. They simply don't have anyone on staff that's experienced to deal with the city stuff. Yes, there are people in town that could've helped them get the permission to have the even on the sand, but like you said, they simply dropped the ball.

FC

PS. Hey Alex, what do I have to be jealous of? I helped build that show, remember?????

Oh, really and who gave you this information?

I would really like to know because that is not the truth. And by the way your dropping the ball quote is getting old!

Wow man. I guess there was some truth in my post huh? Make sure that Soborton person reads you post. Nothing against the dance music scene or anything, but ULTRA always does that. They simply don't have anyone on staff that's experienced to deal with the city stuff. Yes, there are people in town that could've helped them get the permission to have the even on the sand, but like you said, they simply dropped the ball.

FC

PS. Hey Alex, what do I have to be jealous of? I helped build that show, remember?????

Oh and by the way Terry you worked for Ultra and Ultra fired you.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by katfisk

Oh, really and who gave you this information?

I would really like to know because that is not the truth. And by the way your dropping the ball quote is getting old!

i'm the club legend, people hate on each other in this city when it comes to clubbing, i get told everything and anything, though i never reveal my sources....but people know, i post the truth...

ultra dropped the ball, they didn't do their job, it's that simple, but i could care less, cause us who don't do drugs and jump around like little fucking moneys to trance which is a genre for little kids, cause after the age of 24 you'd look like a fucking moron going to an event with that horrid lineup, we will be at the clubs listening to real music, and not for 50 bucks..

ultra is a joke,

trance is a joke

that line up is a joke

that cover charge is a joke

that venue is a joke

it's bottom feeding..... find 5000 drug addicts who slang rock and turn tricks to afford the cover charge, and that is the crowd...

just this morning a die hard trance fan said to me "i'm starting to like house better", my respons, was "you are getting older"...

HOUSE FOR LIFE, TRANCE FOR DRUG ADDICTS!

BTW don't every attack me on this board, i'll ruin every post of yours till the day you die!

i'm the club legend, people hate on each other in this city when it comes to clubbing, i get told everything and anything, though i never reveal my sources....but people know, i post the truth...

ultra dropped the ball, they didn't do their job, it's that simple, but i could care less, cause us who don't do drugs and jump around like little fucking moneys to trance which is a genre for little kids, cause after the age of 24 you'd look like a fucking moron going to an event with that horrid lineup, we will be at the clubs listening to real music, and not for 50 bucks..

ultra is a joke,

trance is a joke

that line up is a joke

that cover charge is a joke

that venue is a joke

it's bottom feeding..... find 5000 drug addicts who slang rock and turn tricks to afford the cover charge, and that is the crowd...

just this morning a die hard trance fan said to me "i'm starting to like house better", my respons, was "you are getting older"...

HOUSE FOR LIFE, TRANCE FOR DRUG ADDICTS!

BTW don't every attack me on this board, i'll ruin every post of yours till the day you die!

Me bashing, Oh please you are the trance basher!!!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by katfisk

Me bashing, Oh please you are the trance basher!!!

i'm not bashing trance, i'm just saving one clubber at a time...