Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory/Jonathan Peters @ CPI Review

I don't even know were to start.....

When I got there @ 9:30 there was already a good sized line and it was cool because they had the SF Flag hanging from the front of CPI which was cool.

When we got to the door they had the SF Mats they put on the Side Walk again pretty cool.

Got inside got to the main room this is @ like 9:45 what are they playing the Last Dance CD ok it's early but Cleveland who was there would have been a suitable warm up dj. When looking into the booth it just looked like a god damn free for all with people frantically working on it. Obviously something was wrong.

So now 10:30, 11:30, 12:00 and there still playing the Last Dance CD. This Extremley pissed me off I would have rather had a monkey play records than listen the the same cd I have been playing for the past 3 weeks. The best part about this whole thing was that some people actually thought Jonathan was spinning in the booth and screaming his name.

I walked up to the front around 1am and Jonathan walked by me so now Im thinkin hes gonna go right up to the booth and get shit started. No that wasent the case at all. Around 1:15 he shuts the music off and puts on something on and just plays it through the monitor. Meanwhile there are still assholes having the time of their lives when you could barely make out the music. All of a sudden at 1:25 AM The music came on BANG!!!!

From then till around 4AM the music was weak familar house music, and tribal beats. But then at the stroke of 4 the minute that instantly dubs the room as "AFTERHOURS" he dropped Flylife! From then on the music was really good. He played Let The Sunshine In, and that Maya song. Those really got big feed back from the crowd.

All in all the Crowd was Pathetic, They seemed lost. The factory heads were fine it was just the "Guidos In Training" that were hysterical especially when the CD is playing at 10pm and one of them said "JP is Killing It, Oh my gawd he is off the hook tonight".

The Music was OK nothing stellar, cmon everyone knows Jonathan is better at SF anyway.

Cleveland; even though he was spinning on blown speakers and a Bozak mixer that had more miles on it than a Vegas Hooker, still managed to rock it, as he always does.

Once again thumbs down to CPI for their 3000 VIP Areas. How many do you need. I think 45 dollars a head plus extra for buying @ the door, plus the bar returns were quite suitable no need to be greedy. The fact that all Summer places that were at one time open game to every one and werent VIP areas in the past now all of a sudden were was a slap in the face to many regular patrons. The fact that you need a special "Wrist Band" to go on the stage was a JOKE!!!! Granted by the end of the night you could go anywere you want, but by eliminating just a few of these SUPER COOL VIP AREAS the traffic in the main room would have been able to move much more freely.

All in all the night gets a C- which is a step up from July 3rd W/Danny Tenaglia.

Sorry guys the Saturday party beat the SF party by a ton!!

agree...i got sick of hearing the cd....what 3 times....the so caled extra sound they bragged about on thos shitty speaker by the cage kept buzzing out....screaming blown....actually killed my ears...the sound on the dancefloor was good....when the music actually started getting good....

anyway...your right about the vip area crap....

all in all it was just an average night in my book...nothing great...

The sound system was beautiful on Saturday night.

With respect to the VIP area on the stage, I remember being told that it would be taken down specficially for the event on Sunday. Considering how many people were in attendance as well as the price of the tickets, I can't believe CPI had the audacity to allow the VIP section to remain. That VIP section was definetely a vibe-killer.

Saturday night was much, much better. I had a great time on Sunday, but it was not what I expected.

Hello from CPI, i would like to clear up a few things. We did take down the VIP area on the stage if you noticed all the couches and tables were gone, the Factory controlled that area, as they did not want to many people up there at one time because the dj cant see the dance floor. The CPI had only two operating vip areas the one to the left of the dance floor that has always been a vip area and one side of the round room which is were the promoters hung out with there friends. As far as the sound goes there were 6 additional speakers added to the dance floor for the night plus the 2 in the round room. The CPI did not recieve any of the door the CPI recieved the Bar revenue only. All in all i think it was a great night, with the exception of the beginning of the night when they wanted to put a different mixer in which took a lot of adapting to make it work, that was the hold up in the beginning.

Thanks again for the memories

John

Well folks, I went to Factory for the first time in almost 3 years and I had a fucking BLAST. I am in love with that sound system, and I stayed there from about 5 til they kicked us out at 11!! JP gets mad daps from me!!

Also, he played this track, "Stand By Me" that was absolutely fantastic...the bass, the lyrics, can anyone tell me more about it and where I can find it? It's been in my head ever since! :D

BTW, went to Cheetah and Vinyl on Sunday night, Cheetah was so much fun and the music was the best I've heard there. An opening DJ came on before Merritt and he tore the place up. The drummers were on point too, amazing night.

I missed S&P's set at Vinyl :mad: cause I didn't get there til 5 or so, but it was ooooookay....Friday was much better.