Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who has the best sushi in sobe?

skywalker01

Originally posted by eKiTeL

the best cheap sushi is Tokyo Bowl, Washington between 8th & 9th

iron sushi is also a bargain!!!

Ruen Thai & sushi hits the spot too!!!!

Then for a bit more pricey Thai Toni Sushi!!!

then there is places like shoji sushi, and the blue door where you can spend some $$$

Im planning on checking out sushi sambi this weekend, ill give the full review on that joint l8ter!!!

Originally posted by eKiTeL

the best cheap sushi is Tokyo Bowl, Washington between 8th & 9th

i disagree ekitel... iron sushi is right next door to them & the sushi is always fresh & good as hell... & its even cheaper... jb rolls for $3.25:eek: :eek:

On the expensive side, Nobu at the Shore Club and Bond St. at the Townhouse are great. Sushi Samba has its good days and bad, but I still like to go there. Shoji Sushi, just down the street from Opium, is also a great choice. Doraku, near the movie theatre on Lincoln Road, also good.

On SoBe (13th and Washington), i think Maiko's (sp?) has some of the best sushi i've ever had. It's VERY fresh and a *little* towards the expensive side....but u get what u pay for. If u'r picky about u'r sushi, i think u'd be really happy with this place.

Sushi Siam on lincoln road or Bond St are my 2 choices in Sobe. Shoji (or however you spell it) is good also but I'd rather Bond St for what I'm payin'. The place by Level aint soo bad & the place across from Crobar is ok as well.

off the beach without a doubt Sushi Maki (the one in Sunset Place, NOT the gables location) & Shibui on Sunset & 102.

Had Publix sushi last nite @ my house. I eat it frequently & it's not bad at all if you are on the run... :)

whatever you do, just don't eat sushi from a chinesse place. :vomit3:

always be sure it's jap... ;)

Originally posted by koky

i disagree ekitel... iron sushi is right next door to them & the sushi is always fresh & good as hell... & its even cheaper... jb rolls for $3.25:eek: :eek:

I used to go there a lot but then I noticed it smells kind of funny, and there's just something a little too cheap about it, what I get from tokyo bowl just seems somehow more wholesome or something

My favorite places aren't even on the beach...

So....Nobu is top notch, innovative, $$$, but no sushi bar..not much atmosphere, but the food is outstanding

Opium Garden (club) has a sushi resturant inside that is actually really good

I'm with you peeps on Shibui.. that place rocks...anyone who lives in Hollywood loves Sushi Blues..ESP SATURDAY NITES :aright: right , Leo?

once in a while I like to head to Weston to visit a sushi chef from Nagasaki I've known for almost 10 years, who I met at Sushi Hana back in the day...he makes all kinds of goodies, things you've never seen, with cool designs. He got me to try octupus for the first time, and taught me how to eat certain foods I normally never would try, or even know about.

He always makes me an orange mickey mouse, which suffice to say, keeps me coming back every time..I have to go see the name of the place...it's so good, you gotta go check this place out

Guest brwneydtrouble

Bond St. gets an A+ in my book, had dinner there last year for my birthday, its got a great atmosphere if you are starting off a night on the town.

I have to check out Nobu, i've heard some great things about it.

When I lived on the beach, I used to eat at Maikos at least 2-3 times a week, they have the BEST shrimp tempura rolls, and the schefs there are cool as hell. I would go there at 10pm on a weekeday, sit at the sushi bar and watch them prepare my food, joking around with them. The older chef was the one that told me about getting my rolls inside out and without mayo.....very cool. I still try to get down there every now and then to have lunch. And their prices are not too bad.....average about $40-50 for 2 people, and we get stuffed. And don't forget to get the Edimame....those things are addictive. ;)