Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Andy Roddick, the 2003 US Open Champion

trancerxn112

me and my girl watched him play yesterday, he finally stepped it up in the last 3 sets to win it, i dunno wtf was wrong iwth him int he second set, he had his ass handed to him, the first set he shoulda won, tiebreakers are a bitch.

but i have to hand it to him, he played really hard yesterday as im sure he did today.

** and i have never seen a serve like his, he had over 40 aces yesterday!

Originally posted by djustinh

me and my girl watched him play yesterday, he finally stepped it up in the last 3 sets to win it, i dunno wtf was wrong iwth him int he second set, he had his ass handed to him, the first set he shoulda won, tiebreakers are a bitch.

but i have to hand it to him, he played really hard yesterday as im sure he did today.

** and i have never seen a serve like his, he had over 40 aces yesterday!

Well on any given day a player can do well or not, as far as yesterday goes he played "okay" in the first two sets but he became a monster in the last 3. Today, monumental effort... you can really see him hustling out there to save even the most questionable shots, sometimes even making the point. I wanted to see Agassi win this open but i was also secretly hoping Roddick won, to bad Sampras is gone, he was always my favorite.

Originally posted by trancerxn112

Well on any given day a player can do well or not, as far as yesterday goes he played "okay" in the first two sets but he became a monster in the last 3.

Last 3? They only played three sets in total... ;)

The weather alone was a bitch and hell on the players... usually they play with a full day's rest in between, but in order to complete the tournament in time, many players played back to back games... that's how Capriati won so easily on Thursay.

Originally posted by captainpec

Last 3? They only played three sets in total... ;)

The weather alone was a bitch and hell on the players... usually they play with a full day's rest in between, but in order to complete the tournament in time, many players played back to back games... that's how Capriati won so easily on Thursay.

in the game he played before Fererro it went the full 5 sets

Originally posted by trancerxn112

in the game he played before Fererro it went the full 5 sets

yeah and ferrero had to play 3 matches on the 3 days before the final. there was a lot of bitching because roddick and agassi both got an off day during that four day period where as others did not.

anyway, roddick played well, deserved to win.