Clubplanet Nightlife Community

so i got attacked today...

thrillfire

I was on NJ transit train today going to NYC to work, when I got attacked by some black kid... there wasn't any conductor and the people around me just sat there while i yelled out... the kid left after sexually harrassing me after several minutes... you know one place that i thought it would never happen,was on NJ transit train!!!! So than finally the conductors came and I told them about the incident althougth i felt really dumb explaining what happen.. i dont know why... I had no way of defending myself. I didn't have mace on me or anything... its so frustirating. I felt so powerless and the only thing i could do was scream but that didn't help... and I told him to leave me alone!!! But that doesn't work... I'm venting... grrrrrrrr...... and I tried to get up but he blocked my way. Unfortunetly i'm not a physical person, I don't know how to hit people... :( :( :( :( :( :(

anyways... my day sucked...

hmmm... i did make the attack sound very physical... no, it was just verbal abuse and nastly hand around my shoulder.. YUCK!!!!!!! which i immediately threw off me.... he did try to grab my leg, i screamed...

If i was in a club or a bar I would of been prepared for such behavior... but a NJ transit train on Morris line... ????

yeah, that's what shocked me, there was a couple right next to me and i think a guy a sit away... I couldn't kick him cause he plumped his ass right next to me on my bag... my bag was taking up the space next to my sit so there was no space for someone to sit on... so he just sat right on top of it... (no, it wasn't like there wasn't any space for him to sit, the train was somewhat empty)

i guess i should of yelled "fire"

if someone says to leave them alone, you leave them alone after you sit on their bag with their laptop in it, you don't try to grab them and tell them nasty things and stick your face in to theirs especially when they are minding their own business and obviously did nothing to promote such attitude.. i don't know.... maybe i'm asking for to much.

I'm sorry that happened to you. Its unfortunate that no one helped you out. I suppose people are fearful of helping out because they don't want to endanger themselves. Its that New York mentality; just mind your own business and you'll be ok. I think we all have to do a better job of helping our neighbors out, because we all would want to be helped if we were in a helpless position.

Guest gabo

damn julia! I feel for u. so sorry that happened.

yaknow they say when u feel threatened or being attacked that you should yell fire and not rape or help. just a quick tip for the ladies.

Sorry to hear that thrill chica..

I can understand how you were caught off guard, not many if anyone expects such a bullshit event on their way to work or from.

One thing that always bothered me about things like that. And its not just New York, but many places. That mentality that, Oh no, I shouldnt get involved or I may get hurt.....bullshit.

Pardon my french but it seems that sometimes I feel we live in a pussified society, whereas standing up for something or stepping in, is considered too much of a liability for ones own concern.

Blah.

Another thing while Im on the topic, many people say what goes around, comes around. Over used cliche. Then, they sit back and just believe fate will take care of the bad guy, whatever the situation may be.

The way I see it, some of us are that "comes around". Ive never not spoken up, nor got involved in someones business just because.

Besides....its fun...

Dont let it get to you, and if there was ever a next time, try the freak out angle. Scream, swing purse or whatever wildly, and make the guy think your nuts...even repeat something whacked like..."WHIP IT OUT>>>I WANT TO STAB YOUR DICK WITH A BLUNT SPOON UNTIL YOU BLEED!!!" the odds are likely that he will either run like hell...or laugh so hard you can get away in time....:hat:

Originally posted by thrillfire

I was on NJ transit train today going to NYC to work, when I got attacked by some black kid... there wasn't any conductor and the people around me just sat there while i yelled out... the kid left after sexually harrassing me after several minutes... you know one place that i thought it would never happen,was on NJ transit train!!!! So than finally the conductors came and I told them about the incident althougth i felt really dumb explaining what happen.. i dont know why... I had no way of defending myself. I didn't have mace on me or anything... its so frustirating. I felt so powerless and the only thing i could do was scream but that didn't help... and I told him to leave me alone!!! But that doesn't work... I'm venting... grrrrrrrr...... and I tried to get up but he blocked my way. Unfortunetly i'm not a physical person, I don't know how to hit people... :( :( :( :( :( :(

anyways... my day sucked...

Start packing or something cause maybe next time you wont be so lucky,that goes to show you that anything can hapen just about anywhere,hope your doing ok and sorry to hear that..........