Clubplanet Nightlife Community

wtf happened to KTU?!?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KTU is decent sometimes. Especially late late night on the weekend. Their DJs are not that bad around 3-5 am.

Hot 97 = garbage

Same 5 songs over and over. If I hear Sean Paul or 50 cent one more time, I will stick a gun in my mouth.

I would rather lock myself in a cellar and drink paint than listen to that nonsense, over and over.

Even when they try to play "dance music"

it ends up being the worst representation.

The mixshows are a joke.

The Classic's on sunday's are fine.

The radio personaliteis all need to be fired.

We'll let Junior can stay ...because he's earned the right to be on the radio.

next..

actually i wanted to let this thread get alot of replies before i dropped this BOMB on you all

thanks for hte thread Apoth

first of all they keep saying NEW MUSIC

and MY GOD i got ppl comming here from Florida saying ( WHAT? DID THEY JUST SAY NEW MUSIC? WE were playing that last summer!!!)

also

they claim to be a NYC based operation?

uhh did you know that they are NOT EVEN LOCATED IN NY?

they are located here in NJ

how does that make ya feel about the FAKERS NOW!?:laugh:

Originally posted by liqidtouch

actually i wanted to let this thread get alot of replies before i

they claim to be a NYC based operation?

uhh did you know that they are NOT EVEN LOCATED IN NY?

they are located here in NJ

the station is in nj

the transmission is in nyc

the coperate offices are on long island, ny.

Originally posted by g420

when are the douchebags on that station going to stop saying the "new" ktu that shit's not new

actually if you've been listening lately you should have noticed that they are no longer saying 'the new' KTU, all of the air staff was directed to stop using it and just call the station KTU

KTU has been sucking real bad as of late. I read in the Daily News that they have a new program director named Jeff Z. Maybe thats the reason te staion has been shit as of late. All I keep hearing is garbage disco that wasn't even popular in the 70's, and salsa music.

Plus their mix shows have been shit as of late too, I listened last night to that garbage it was turned off real fast.

One thing I will give them, their morning show is still pretty entertaining.

Originally posted by joecrack13

ur name is guidokenny..never met a guido with the name kenny before...its like finding a white kid with the name jermaine

GUIDOs have all types of names! Phil, Jack, Wayne, Jason.

I couldnt help what my parents named me!!

I have another friend (whom is a GUIDO) by the name of TYRONE. (so names dont mean much!)

Originally posted by joe81

KTU has been sucking real bad as of late. I read in the Daily News that they have a new program director named Jeff Z. Maybe thats the reason te staion has been shit as of late. All I keep hearing is garbage disco that wasn't even popular in the 70's, and salsa music.

Jeff Z has been with the company since 96. He was promoted to PD a year ago.

Originally posted by guidokenny

Im in Massapequa. I dont tune in very often but when I do, they play trance. Alot more than KTU.

i don't know when your tunning in, but in the off chance when i catch 103.5, they play barry white, and lame disco shit, i hope your not referring to"LASGO" as any kind of trance, cause thats what they fill in the rest of there air play with. i forgot which nites it is, but tune into 92.7, most of the time they play gay rock, but its either wed, or thurdsy nites, most sat nites( liquid todd, but i'm not sure if they still have that show), they play some tribal, deep house, and some prog. trance, sometimes ktu does that on sat nites, but sometimes its reeeally shitty.

Originally posted by joe81

Plus their mix shows have been shit as of late too, I listened last night to that garbage it was turned off real fast.

One thing I will give them, their morning show is still pretty entertaining.

they also kill it w/ beyonce:vomit3: but ball busters is some funny shit

ok, many people got what I said mixed up. this is what i tried saying:

PARTY 105.3 (A LONG ISLAND STATION) plays alot of trance;

more trance than KTU.

PARTY 105 also plays FREESTYLE (but not as much as KTU)

NEW YORK has a TRANCE station: PARTY 105

PARTY 105.3 IS NOT 105.1........THE RAP STATION.

Guest shortyrockrox

Agreed that all radio in NY eats ass, but I actually noticed that KTU was playing better music than PArty 105.3 lately. Party 105 has been playing sh1t for the past couple of months.

Notice I said better than, not good;)

I <3 my mutha f'in mp3 player!!

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by djmikebugout

uggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

for the 100000000th time on clubplanet lemme tell u why they say "the new"

when they signed on, KTU was a country station and if they do not say "the new" ktu, they could face legal problems....

Mike

Actually, Mike, the country station formerly at 103.5 FM was called WYNY - not WKTU. I don't know where you heard that story but I can assure you there wouldn't be any legal problems if KTU stopped using their current slogan.

KTU can say "The New" or whatever they want. There are no legal requirements for them to say "The New" or even to say "WKTU." They could say "W- yadda yadda yadda" if they wanted to. The only time a radio station is required to identify itself is once an hour at the top of the hour (give or take 10 minutes) when they are required to state their call letters and city of license.

BTW - WKTU was originally located at 92.3 FM on the dial (currently WXRK-FM - K-Rock) and positioned itself as "92 WKTU."

Happy new year, everybody!

-LT