Clubplanet Nightlife Community

funny question about G? (re: fitness)

joeg

so i was at someones house tonight, and their roommate happens to walk in with a bottle of G... so at first i'm like "what the fuck!?!"

and a bunch of us ended up talking about it because 1 of the people in the room didn't even know what it was...

long story, short... i remember hearing something about how its productive for fitness reasons and someone mentioned that gnc used to sell it back in the day...

what did it do?

it smelled foul... i (obviously) didn't go near it...

The bodybuilding population is what made GHB popular - but then it started being abused.

It was an over the counter sleep aid in the early 90's until it started being abused.

It helps a person get into stage 3 (I believe) of sleep, where most of the HGH and IGF-1 production occurs. Which is great for bodybuilders. That along with the fact that it is non-toxic makes it extremely popular among bodybuilders. Especially, precontest when they are wired on metabolic enhancers.

Nautica

Originally posted by elitesnautica

The bodybuilding population is what made GHB popular - but then it started being abused.

It was an over the counter sleep aid in the early 90's until it started being abused.

It helps a person get into stage 3 (I believe) of sleep, where most of the HGH and IGF-1 production occurs. Which is great for bodybuilders. That along with the fact that it is non-toxic makes it extremely popular among bodybuilders. Especially, precontest when they are wired on metabolic enhancers.

Nautica

Non-toxic? I've seen some of the things used to synthesize it and they don't look so non-toxic.

Nautica

what are metabolic enhancers?

Originally posted by joeg

so i was at someones house tonight, and their roommate happens to walk in with a bottle of G... so at first i'm like "what the fuck!?!"

and a bunch of us ended up talking about it because 1 of the people in the room didn't even know what it was...

long story, short... i remember hearing something about how its productive for fitness reasons and someone mentioned that gnc used to sell it back in the day...

what did it do?

it smelled foul... i (obviously) didn't go near it...

I did a lot of research on this drug for my Perspectives on Drugs class. GHB was given to insomniacs as a sleeping aid and also given to pregnant woman who were giving birth. Before it became as scheduled III drug it was sold over the counter at GNC's as a supplement. It was meant to be taken before you go to sleep because out of the 8 hours you sleep your body goes into a "deep sleep" for 3 hours in which your muscles grow. However, when taking GHB before sleepin your body goes into a deep sleep for 5 instead of 3. GHB was also known for cutting you up. They took it off when people started takin advantage of it and using as a Date Rape drug.

Its very hard to find the "pure" kind but you can find it around. A lot of people make it themselves, which is not safe because you have no clue what your taking esp. if your not a chemist. It's suppose to be colorless, odorless, liquid so I have no clue what your boy had. However, I have seen the blue kind and I believe you can get that over the internet.

It was not neccessarily a "cutting" drug. It was taken while cutting b/c body builders took speed during the day and needed to come down at night.

As far as making it yourself - it is not hard - you are doing a combination rx - anyone with a couple of college chem classes can do it with no prob - so long as the GBl is at least 99.9% pure.

The salty taste is from the Na or K (which is a salt substitute)

Nautica

• 2 weeks later...

sheesh....

G is easy as fuck to make... add x amount of lye to x amount of GBL slowly and stir. Adjust the ph using ph strips, just like you do in your pool. Your done, brownies are more difficult to make from scratch.

If you have pure gbl and pure lye (naoh) your all set.

the salty taste is usually from using too much lye then having to use hcl to adjust it back to normal ph (because the excess lye reacts with the hcl to form water and SALT, hence the salty taste.. from.. SALT)

but potasium based G does taste salty too...

Any taste or oder is simply from by products.. but fortunately the by products are either salt and water, or unreacted GBL wich turns to G in your body anyways.

and what is used to synthesis stuff has no relation to the end product.... yes Lye will kill you, yes hcl (stomach acid) can burn the hell out of you and even kill you... mix them together and you get salt water.

BTW GHB is dangerous as hell in the scheme of things.. but only because it repressed breathing and can cause vomiting and immobilization.... Try to vomit on your back when you cant move and see how you sufficat on your vomitt.

BTW there were a few studies on how G increased the GH released, like Elite said, but no real follow ups.

BTW GBL turns into GHB in the body naturally.

What he said.

As far as the follow ups - I believe there has been some recently in order to make it a prescription sleep aid for those with Narcalepsy (how about that spelling?)

nautica

Thats right... I did GHB is now aproved for that use... there must have been studies, but I doubt they looked at GH levels, wich is what is interesting from a fitness point of view. Id look into it, but Im not THAT bored and think G is something to avoid.

BTW abortionator..... lye is the most commonly used chemical in the world, used to make millions of products, including tons of food additives and food related products, the one that comes to mind is the use to make almost all vegtible oils.

Its a safe bet that it was used to treat your tap water too.

Originally posted by incredulous

Dont know if its true, but it also helps with growth hormone :confused:

PROBABLY CAUSE IT GIVES YOU MORE OF THE "DEEP SLEEP"

I BELIEVE THE BODY NATURAL PRODUCES GROWTH HORMONE BUT ONLY IN THE DEEP SLEEP MODE

SHEEET. SORRY BOUT THE CAPS