Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lee Burridge Sept 20th (Spundae @ Circus)

americanflyer

I'm coming to LA for the weekend of the 20th and I just wanted a little info on seeing Burridge at Spundae. First, do I really need to buy tickets before I go? The pre-sale is only $25... any idea how much they will go up on the actual night? Second, around what time would it be good to enter the club. Also, how strict is the dress code. And finally, can I bring a camera inside? Thanks for any help.

the spundae messageboard usually offers presales for $15 on the tuesday before or so. you just have to register on that website:

http://pub80.ezboard.com/bspundae44643

also, our own alex90028 sometimes has a list there. you can pm him ;) .

and yes, buy presales!!!!! you will sail in, no problem, in a few minutes (say, 3). without them, you will actually have to wait in a line :eek: . wait in line??? wtf??? o, and that night, they'll probably be $30. do NOT wait.

i get there at 10:15ish or so, which some people consider early, but i like it that way. lostin310 has said that he's has to wait on line for a long time, even with presales, when he's gotten to the club at 11. might as well get there early. the patio's beautiful and a nice place to hang out if you need to waste time.

there is no dress code. wear whatever you want :cool: .

as for cameras, they've started confiscating disposables, but every now and then i see someone with a digital. i don't know if that's 'cause people sneak them in or if the management allows digitals and not disposbles, but the latter makes no sense. i'd think it's sneaking. you do go through a metal detector, though, so they'll probably find it during their frisk - which they generally only do if you beep.

lastly, spundae's my fave place, anywhere :aright: . you'll have to have a great time - it's unavoidable :spin2: .

I have a guestlist with Circus going(only 150 people, so e-mail me asap)

Usually it's $15 on the guestklist and no waiting in line, but you need to be there by 11PM, heck, why would you want to be at Spundea later than that anyway?!?!/

Just e-mail me with Circus in the subjectline to alexinla03@yahoo.com

Up To Date Info On Los Angeles Nightclubs, Bars, Cool Places To Go On My Website @

http://www.alexinla.com

Originally posted by weyes

disposables again, too?

still using camera plastica? :eek: although they are a lot more carefree than digitals. But no instant viewtification :tongue:

I've had no problem bringing my S110 into HOB, and Circus so far. Oh and Century :D And who's this Lee Burrrrrridge character? I don't know any of these DJs no more. Boy have I been a hermit :blank:

Originally posted by tequiza

still using camera plastica? :eek: although they are a lot more carefree than digitals. But no instant viewtification :tongue:...

i'm waiting for the digital slrs to go down in price; canon just released a half-decent one for $1,000 - body only. but clubs probably wouldn't let me in with one of those, either, as they are too "official" looking, and therefore threatening.

the only point-and-shoot-ish type of digital one that would really work for my purposes right now (the sony v-1, with nightframing) costs $699, and that really isn't worth it to me, when an slr will probably come out soon that'll have nightframing and be able to do so much more.

so, for right now, i stick with film, which has better color reproduction anyway, and has a more realistic look to it. i don't like the way digital makes things look tweaked and unnatural. it's just too inaccurate a representation of what we see.

i'm waiting for the digital slrs to go down in price; canon just released a half-decent one for $1,000 - body only. but clubs probably wouldn't let me in with one of those, either, as they are too "official" looking, and therefore threatening.

the only point-and-shoot-ish type of digital one that would really work for my purposes right now (the sony v-1, with nightframing) costs $699, and that really isn't worth it to me, when an slr will probably come out soon that'll have nightframing and be able to do so much more.

so, for right now, i stick with film, which has better color reproduction anyway, and has a more realistic look to it. i don't like the way digital makes things look tweaked and unnatural. it's just too inaccurate a representation of what we see.

ahh..so you're one of them old school photographer, that like things the o.g. way, not technologically enhanced. You're probably in favor of leaving the Sistine chapel as is, instead of attempting restoration.

Don't know much about SLRs, but with some adjustment you can probably achieve the similar affect with a digital, no? Anyway, would love to see some of your work ;)

Originally posted by tequiza

ahh..so you're one of them old school photographer, that like things the o.g. way, not technologically enhanced. You're probably in favor of leaving the Sistine chapel as is, instead of attempting restoration.

Don't know much about SLRs, but with some adjustment you can probably achieve the similar affect with a digital, no? Anyway, would love to see some of your work ;)

some of that's true, but i think that the sistine chapel is a horrible bore!

while i appreciate some older things, i generally am just a 20th-21st century girl :) . i was the only person at my school to use the letterpress, though, setting type letter by letter. i hear that, after i graduated, the lab director wanted to have the press removed since no one was using it anymore :( .

it's not so much that i'm old-fashioned, necessarily - i just feel that photography is an actual craft, making something out of (or finding something in) reality, whereas digital is all button-pushing --- computers doing the work. while amazing things can be done with digital re-working, it's fake, and that's what i have a problem with. i don't consider it photography. i think that, if one wants to create a scene/feeling/setup, s/he should be able to do it without having to rely on computers.

lastly, spundae's my fave place, anywhere :aright: . you'll have to have a great time - it's unavoidable :spin2: .

okay weyes.. i'm disagreeing with you and I'm sure I'll get my booty kicked in but I had 3 times that I had a horrible time

Numero uno) I was there for my first time and this asian dude decided to come up to me and start throwing his tongue down my throat... agh...

Numero dos) The crowd was sooo snooty and just uncool and i was outside in line for 3 hours and so i left..

Numero tres) When Weyes isn't there.. i get sad:( :)

but overall the club is cool! I am having a good time when I go there now!

Originally posted by bluecenterstar

okay weyes.. i'm disagreeing with you and I'm sure I'll get my booty kicked in but I had 3 times that I had a horrible time

Numero uno) I was there for my first time and this asian dude decided to come up to me and start throwing his tongue down my throat... agh...

Numero dos) The crowd was sooo snooty and just uncool and i was outside in line for 3 hours and so i left..

Numero tres) When Weyes isn't there.. i get sad:( :)

but overall the club is cool! I am having a good time when I go there now!

:rofl:!!! blue, you're too much!!!

numero uno happened to me at the palace (except that the guy wasn't asian), but i don't hold that against the palace; the palace sucks ass on its own :rolleyes::no: .

as for numero dos, i don't understand how both you and lostin310 have waited in line so long. when i say i've never waited in line longer than about 10 minutes (and that was on their new year's event), i'm not exaggerating. do you two just get there really late? and snooty people only come to spundae when big names show up ('cause the snobs think that knowing these "underground djs" of whom they've heard makes them cool :jerkoff: ) or when it's late, 'cause they're club-hopping. hoppers tend not to be so nice.

and for numero tres, it's such a kick to run into you :spin2: !!! your hair always looks so cute and reminds me i need to get mine cut... next time i'll make sure my other friends don't spill your drink :laugh2: .

bluecenterstar - i really like Spundae alot too but i have to admit that its loosing its appeal to me. I dont go as much as i used too because it was getting kind of boring - samo samo. Now i go every once and while and its a guaranteed good time.

The crowd and staff at Spundae have always been really friendly and nice. Some of those clubbers feel like the elite of EDM but thats their problem, not mine.

The only thing that bothers me ALOT at spundae is that evertime i go, i get asked the same question like 3 times - are you rollin? got any?

Originally posted by sandiegino

The only thing that bothers me ALOT at spundae is that evertime i go, i get asked the same question like 3 times - are you rollin? got any?

Shit, I must be looking old or something. Nobody ever asks me that anymore! I can't even remember the last time someone tried to sell me pills! I seriously asked a friend a few weeks ago if E was even still around.

Hey weyes.. and Lostin!

You know, I don't think I've ever been asked if I was rollin etc.. I guess I just look to young or sumthin!

Ha.. Weyes.. I don't mind if your friends spill my drinks.. as long as it's not on me! Haha.. actually for some reason my drinks are always spilt ... I spill about 2 drinks a night I think it's my height or that I'm always bouncing around.

But I'm willing to go to Spundae as long as I know there are going to be some peeps there! I did have an awesome time one night dancing to some dNb.. it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweaty! oh lala

Originally posted by lostin310

...Nobody ever asks me that anymore! I can't even remember the last time someone tried to sell me pills!...

yeah, me neither. my omniscient friend likes to say, "remember the days when you'd walk into a party and the first thing you'd pass was a line of people whispering 'e, acid, rolls [enter whatever terms you choose]'? those were the days..." :funny: ...

btw, I still have a guestlist for Spundea going for saturday. I can only put 100 people on my list, so if you like VIP entrance , no wiating in that crazy line around the block and pay $15 admssion , instead of $25, e-mail me before 10 .30 AM , saturday....

YES YOUR HOUSEHEADS, THAT's 10.30 A M !!!! ::eek: :eek:

Originally posted by alex90028

you know spundea is going to have it a tough ride ahead with Giant opening up in 2 weeks on saturdays at the new avalon nightclub(old palace), first night Paul Oakenfold...this is going to be very interesting to see how they will tough it out....

i won't go to the palace till they fix the sound in that place :cuss: . i hear that they're working on it, but i can't go there if it'll continue to be a guaranteed headache - even with good quality earplugs.

and i'm talking headache, people. yes, i've complained about this before, but i've skipped seeing fave djs just because they've been at the palace.

and the vibe at spundae still can't be beat :cool: .