Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lee Burridge Sept 20th (Spundae @ Circus)

americanflyer

Originally posted by alex90028

you know spundea is going to have it a tough ride ahead with Giant opening up in 2 weeks on saturdays at the new avalon nightclub(old palace), first night Paul Oakenfold...this is going to be very interesting to see how they will tough it out....

Woo...Oakie in da house? wouldn't happen to have the details or hookups on that? Oakie's another DJ I've yet to see live....

...trust me, nothing of Avalon will resemble of the old Palace, especially the soundsystem.

They installed a million dollar system, not sure how the specifics are, but it's a Avalon system, which they used in the clubs in Boston and new york ( the old limelight is avalon new york now)

Grand Opening Oct 3 rd, if you are on my newsletter you will get the info, but I am sure to let my friends over here know too, of course!

October 4th : Paul Oakenfold @ Giant

Check out my site @ www.alexinla.com

Originally posted by sandiegino

just got back from Avalon (the palace) and that sound is Kick-Ass!!:eek:

They really didnt have it perfect but it was bearable and 100 times better than before.

i never really had the chance to evaluate the quality amidst my pounding headache; i only can't stand the volume level. are you saying that that's now under control :eek: ???

i never really had the chance to evaluate the quality amidst my pounding headache; i only can't stand the volume level. are you saying that that's now under control ???

Its a whole new sound system. I could actually hear when people talked to me. I was talking to one of the sound guys and he was telling me that they are still perfecting the sound so it will get even better.

There is still some work being done in the place so it didnt look all that good yet but i like what they have done with it so far.

Originally posted by bluecenterstar

I remember Weyes complaining about her headache but i can't remember which dj that was .. but I do recall that! :)

hehe..

yeah i hated the palace too but I wouldn't mind checking it out since it's all new...

i've been there twice, so it was both times. once for deep dish, once for danny howells :( .

Originally posted by bluecenterstar

damn you know I always hang out by the hamburger place and i never get one.. I should.. okay if I go this weekend I'm getting a burger so it can soak up some of my alchohol .. since I'm trying to become sober again :) hehehe:tongue:

Yeah, in fact this last Sat got two cheeseburgers for me and my friend -- both of us said -- damn this is good (hint hint -- put a lota tomatoes and lettuce, sooo good).

The previous sat bought for me and my friends - cheeseeburgers AND the tacos -- and everyone luved the tacos too.

It's supppper cool to see a nice family owned (we think) business that has decent prices and excellent service and great food.

Hmm.. i guess I'll have to keep an eye out at the hamburger area so then I can finally meet you!

gosh i'm drooling already ... I could go for in and out right about now! :)

soo my goals for this weekend are to meet LaLate, Alex get weyes out to party and to stay liquor free ... ( that 'll be tough :))

Originally posted by tequiza

so its no longer Bring your own earplugs??? :eek:

all right, sassypants :nono: ...

of course, the second time, i brought earplugs. i even bought expensive ones recommended for concertgoers, construction workers, and whatnot. but that barely helped. that place was just outta line; there was no way around it (i'm using past tense in the hopes that it'll be improved before i decide to go there next :) ).

and blue, i don't know if you meant that you wanted to get me to stay liquor-free or not, but i really don't drink. i think that time you saw me at red was my fourth drink this year or so. i only drink when things get waaaaaaaay too boring or when my omniscient friend buys me champagne. he twists my arm sometimes :laugh2: ! seriously, though, alcohol always makes me sick, to some degree, and i very rarely drink.

Originally posted by weyes

all right, sassypants :nono: ...

of course, the second time, i brought earplugs. i even bought expensive ones recommended for concertgoers, construction workers, and whatnot. but that barely helped. that place was just outta line; there was no way around it (i'm using past tense in the hopes that it'll be improved before i decide to go there next :) ).

and blue, i don't know if you meant that you wanted to get me to stay liquor-free or not, but i really don't drink. i think that time you saw me at red was my fourth drink this year or so. i only drink when things get waaaaaaaay too boring or when my omniscient friend buys me champagne. he twists my arm sometimes :laugh2: ! seriously, though, alcohol always makes me sick, to some degree, and i very rarely drink.

all righty, earplug snob:D

but going out of your way to get industrial strength earplugs only shows your commitment to the cause :bowdown:

And props to you for able to have a good time without supplement :alright:

Originally posted by tequiza

all righty, earplug snob:D

but going out of your way to get industrial strength earplugs only shows your commitment to the cause :bowdown:

And props to you for able to have a good time without supplement :alright:

:laugh: i'm not a snob; i was just trying my very best to solve the problem. your second sentence is appreciated :D and more accurate :funny: (see my first sentence)!

Originally posted by lostin310

Is *that* what that means?? And my approach has always been to change my drink of choice :cool:

:laugh2: i hear that red bull + vodkas are particularly sickening; i've never had one. but, considering that red bull makes me feel a little ill and alcohol does the same, it follows that putting them together would be a bad thing :idea: !

I guess I would change my drink but I usually start off with redbull vodka then to a zombie then to long island then back to redbull vodka .. then I get sick and then I can't stop drinking oh and I can't forget about beer.. I always have a few cans of beers within the night.......... :)

So... I guess it's time that I either 1) stop mixing my drinks and stick with only one 2) Cut back on drinking to just where I get a buzzz or 3) be sober ;)..

Well yeah! If you fuck with a pit-bull, you will get bit (bitten? whatever)...

Pick a drink, and stick with it all night. Make it a vodka drink and you're even better off. I don't drink when I club, but when at bars I can drink all night without getting sick or getting a hang over. But only if I stick with the same drink!

"Another citron and tonic please"