Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pics From Soundfactory S&M Party

mattm2o

I ventured into Factory around 3pm, and left at about 10. At first, the vibe felt a bit strange and almost unfamiliar, but after running into a few regulars, I felt right at home.

The music, although not as great as it should have been, was very much on point.

The afterhours is what keeps me coming to Factory, despite its quickly-changing crowd. Currently, Manhattan is lagging far behind with respect to true afterhours venues. Yet, despite the changing / evolving club scene, Factory is one of the few venues that stays true to the roots of New York City nightlife.

Great House Music and late morning / early afternoon hours always make for an incredible night. Also, within the last few years, Factory has stepped it up quite a bit with their shows (and reasonably so, since the old-school, reckless, anything-goes, dark warehouse-with-nothing-but-house-music vibe is pretty much dead, and doesn't seem to attract many new comers). I don't find the shows too bad, however; they are sexy, decadent (in a corny way), raunchy, and sometimes disturbing. The quality of some of the shows is debatable, but overall, the shows help to create a wonderful vibe.

A great Sunday afternoon.

I agree about the vibe in SF being a lot different and like I said in a different post, not as many people dancing...kind of strange...

the best way I can describe the vibe these days is there seems to be a lot of tension...people have to be more open minded and when some stranger comes over and wants to join your circle (as long as that person isn't just mangled and doesn't know where he is) let him join in and rage with you...that is what I miss most....and the place is very territorial these days, people feel like they need to put up this front and attitude to survive....Shit, SF is one of the few places we have left where you can completely let yourself go and not be judged....hopefully that doesn't change also....who knows.....

Like everybody else should do also, when I am at SF I just let loose completely and hang out with good friends tearing shit up as best we can and meeting other good people week after week....I do miss having the 4th floor though without a 2nd dj spinning up there....Some of my best times in SF was up there just rocking out with 10 of my friends and other complete groups of strangers who just started killing it with us......

Originally posted by fuclubkidd

i guess they are letting people in with cameras now...i remember a few years back they used to take them away from you :confused:

Etienne! :D

They still do take cameras or make you check them. I have a friend who works there so I get to bring mine in with no problems...

Originally posted by mattm2o

They still do take cameras or make you check them. I have a friend who works there so I get to bring mine in with no problems...

you can also sneak them in if you are slick enuff- burry it in a bag under a bunch of clothes, and take the battery out, and put it somewhere else (wallet maybe:)) or let someone else hold it. chances are they wont find it, and if they do, point out that you took the batter out and tell them the only reason you are bringing it with you is that its and expenseive camera and you dont want to leave it alone in your car...they'll most likly let u go.

magilicuti: i miss sf of the old so bad, even just how it was last year i miss.

Tell me about it. I used to see you there everyweekend and we never knew each other...I came up to you once and introduced myself.

Im not talking about how i miss years and years ago..i miss LAST YEAR. It was soo much different than now. Given I still love the place, i love the crowd, the music, the vibe...but its just different.

JP@CPI was the closest that ive been to the greatest party of my life. I dont care about peoples criticism, their opinions, or any of that. I had a great time. No one can take that away and no one can change that. I wish everyone could feel the way i feel.

I used to have that feeling everyweekend after those sunday afternoons. So many SOBER nights at Factory so dont tell me its drugs or alcohol or any of that.

Now I go less often (alot less) I make the times I do go enjoyable with people I love to go out with. I dont let stupid things bother me when I got out...I brush them off and continue having a Great time.

Magilicuti...I feel like we are on the same wavelength here. Ive said it endless times before and I will say it again...Things change, people change, but the place will always be the same. Gotta enjoy it while its here cause God knows when they will take it away from us.

Tek

Originally posted by berniec

the biggest change came when exit got shut down and its crowd moved 10 blocks south...i know they need the money to survive (after all, it is a business) but they really need to start being a little more picky at the door...

:werd: know exactly the type you're talking about! What ever happened to the good looking, fashionably dressed ... dancing crowd?

HSP

hot clubber spots,pics,dancers,employment,male revues at ... www.hotspotpromos.com

:cool:

Originally posted by hotspotpromos

What ever happened to the good looking, fashionably dressed

Thankfully those days are gone in many places. In most cases I think it makes the party better but not always. Clubs in genreal aren't drawing the #'s they are supposed to so untill there is a rennisannce in clubland the Fashon Police will be staying at the Euro Tash Lounges!

Originally posted by mattm2o

Thankfully those days are gone in many places. In most cases I think it makes the party better but not always. Clubs in genreal aren't drawing the #'s they are supposed to so untill there is a rennisannce in clubland the Fashon Police will be staying at the Euro Tash Lounges!

do you by any chance have blondish hair...and you had some sort of black light showing crayon(whitish) on the right side of your face near your eye??? you were there(at least i saw you) in the late afternoon to late evening...

and were you hanging out with a girl from hoboken(dont want to say her name), and a famous black bodybuilder from jersey as well...if you were then i was hanging with you...

Originally posted by philtyb

I agree about the vibe in SF being a lot different and like I said in a different post, not as many people dancing...kind of strange...

the best way I can describe the vibe these days is there seems to be a lot of tension...people have to be more open minded and when some stranger comes over and wants to join your circle (as long as that person isn't just mangled and doesn't know where he is) let him join in and rage with you...that is what I miss most....and the place is very territorial these days, people feel like they need to put up this front and attitude to survive....Shit, SF is one of the few places we have left where you can completely let yourself go and not be judged....hopefully that doesn't change also....who knows.....

Like everybody else should do also, when I am at SF I just let loose completely and hang out with good friends tearing shit up as best we can and meeting other good people week after week....I do miss having the 4th floor though without a 2nd dj spinning up there....Some of my best times in SF was up there just rocking out with 10 of my friends and other complete groups of strangers who just started killing it with us......

i love to dance factory style...but i hate it when some 20ish year old kid that can rip it up sick(factory shuffle style) mocks someone else for how they dance...granted that kid has great talent...but he is being naive...these kids dont realize that if they walked into a nice lounge...for instance Spa in march...and danced like that the girls would run for cover...while the guy they mocked would get positive, not negative attention for how he dances......i was there once...and danced like that...started a circle in Spa...definitely got no chicks doing that...but when i bought then a couple 15 dollar drinks...they seemed more interested... ;)

i get pissed when a kid that can dance mocks another dancing style...im sure it would take all of an hour to teach that guy how to effectively do the factory shuffle...its not like its original...the reverse running man...all the kids that can dance well in there basically bite moves off of each other...nothing original to that...

but boy do i love circles...:)

Originally posted by deppnade

do you by any chance have blondish hair...and you had some sort of black light showing crayon(whitish) on the right side of your face near your eye??? you were there(at least i saw you) in the late afternoon to late evening...

and were you hanging out with a girl from hoboken(dont want to say her name), and a famous black bodybuilder from jersey as well...if you were then i was hanging with you...

Nope... Sorry

Originally posted by deppnade

i get pissed when a kid that can dance mocks another dancing style...im sure it would take all of an hour to teach that guy how to effectively do the factory shuffle...its not like its original...the reverse running man...all the kids that can dance well in there basically bite moves off of each other...nothing original to that...

but boy do i love circles...:)

Love that term... "The Factory Shuffle" :laugh:

...and even better is when after 1-2 hours of filla jams, JP would drop a crazy tune and the Shuffle would be in full effect throughout the place. Don't really go anymore, but kinda pissed we never learned it. Is there a school outside of SF that teaches it? :laugh:

HSP

hot clubber spots,pics,dancers,employment, male revues at... www.hotspotpromos.com

in one of your pics, theres blood gushing from the knees of some man in the show...

Was he really bleeding that profusely?

He didn't pass out or anything after such blood loss and did the blood spill on the patrons standing at the edge of the stage? How fucking unsanitary is that?

Originally posted by ketaman

in one of your pics, theres blood gushing from the knees of some man in the show...

He didn't pass out or anything after such blood loss and did the blood spill on the patrons standing at the edge of the stage? How fucking unsanitary is that?

prob fake blood

Originally posted by ketaman

Yeah they had the dancers in outfits made of raw meat Ala Johnny Knoxville a little disturbing but the chick with the TBones on her tits and the bacon covering her lady parts was pretty hot!

Originally posted by hotspotpromos

Love that term... "The Factory Shuffle" :laugh:

...and even better is when after 1-2 hours of filla jams, JP would drop a crazy tune and the Shuffle would be in full effect throughout the place. Don't really go anymore, but kinda pissed we never learned it. Is there a school outside of SF that teaches it? :laugh:

HSP

hot clubber spots,pics,dancers,employment, male revues at... www.hotspotpromos.com

yea...the shuffle has infiltrated Vinyl/Arc...gotta love it...