Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Avalon Was Packed

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly...for u to talk about the crowd is like the pot callin the kettle black..i could go on for hours about the factory crowd too..especially on a big night...
]

First of all...i call it how i see it. At SF there are some disgusting, ugly, fat, absurdly fucked up people.

Im pointing out what i saw. If i cant do so then wtf is the point of posting? Im letting people know 'what was there when i was'.

Now...for someone looking at this they know what the Factory type crowd is and if they like that deal. This was what was at Avalon. They are the ones that determine what 'crowd' they are looking for.

Soo...once again...I SAW A WEBSTER HALL CROWD THERE.

FACTORY HAS GUIDOS, G HEADS, K-HEADS, CRACKWHORES, FAT UGLY PEOPLE, AND I STILL GO THERE!! YAYYYYY.

Just wanted to make sure there was no confusion

:blown:

Tek

Originally posted by Teknojunkee

]

First of all...i call it how i see it. At SF there are some disgusting, ugly, fat, absurdly fucked up people.

Im pointing out what i saw. If i cant do so then wtf is the point of posting? Im letting people know 'what was there when i was'.

Now...for someone looking at this they know what the Factory type crowd is and if they like that deal. This was what was at Avalon. They are the ones that determine what 'crowd' they are looking for.

FACTORY HAS GUIDOS, G HEADS, K-HEADS, CRACKWHORES, FAT UGLY PEOPLE, AND I STILL GO THERE!! YAYYYYY.

Tek

i go there too sir Tek :)

and u forgot juiceheads in ur list...dont forget about my people...;)

BTW, i dont know if u were there but from 6am-12pm today all i heard was nasty beats and i was in heaven...wish he played like that at s@m...we will have to see what happens at the Halloween party...

they didnt bust balls for u guys wearing sneakers at deep?? usually they bust balls...but im sure as hell sick of the black pants/shoes thing...this is why i havent ventured back to mirage yet...and have just been doing the crazy donkey...and that place is far from a club...

The lines were ridiculous, but no differen't then waiting in lines for Twilo, Palladium, and Limelight in the hay days.

I thought overall it was a success, yes some of the crowd sucked, but for the most part I thought it was a really good vibe, mixed crowd. I only saw one shirtless juicehead walking around, so not too bad. Saw some old clubkids as well.

The sound system sounded on point to me, at least in the main room. Having a DJ in the bathroom was pretty cool.

Biggest complaint I had was the bartender up in the VIP room above the DJ booth ran served me a vodka selter instead of vodka tonic twice. I assumed the fountain ran out of tonic water.

I think Avalon is a pretty good addition to the NYC club scene in its current state, its not the old Limelight, nor should it be. Nothing will be Limelight, nothing will be Twilo, nothing will be Palladium. Remember NYC was a much different city back then as well.

BT next week. and more great DJs to come.

peace

and u forgot juiceheads in ur list...dont forget about my people...

Damn Deppnade...sorry I left out the Needle Jockey's. lol

Yea I heard he played a insane night. Finally bringing back the NASTY BEATS.

They didnt care about the sneakers...alot of people there were just comfortably dressed. I mean, I didnt even get ID checked for that matter.

Halloween party at SF...all I can say is the Anticipation is killing me. Last years Halloween party is gonna be hard to beat. I walked in to JP playing Michael Jackson - THriller :eek: ORIGINAL!! Sick night.

I try to switch it up. Go out to a casual place then a more dressy place a few weeks later. Depends how I feel.

Tek

]

Tek

theres a difference between the soundfactory crowd and webster hall?

The stories of Saturday night's line outside of Avalon will be told for a long time. Those that were removed by the police, or by security (because they were pressured by the police) dissappeared into the night i guess. Others, like my friend and I and a few old school heads from Twilo forged our way through around 3am. It was a line that we had not experienced since the days of Palladium.

Once in the club, all I can say is..."Thump. Bump. Slam the System." The bass was resonating right through me. I have not experienced such a vibe and system since Limelight 95, minus a few deviants and animal characters.

The dance music community came together in the thousands to represent what I believe to be currently one of NYC's best "clubs". We did it. NYC is back on the map.

See you next week.

SATURDAY AT AVALON WAS INSANE THE PLACE WAS ROCKIN!!!!

DID YOU MISS OUT ON THE GRAND OPENING OF AVALON SATURDAY WELL HERE IS YOUR SECOND CHANCE

GRAND OPENING OF MIX FRIDAYS

Friday, the 26th of September 2003

Mix @ Avalon presents:

Main Floor: Hipp-e & Halo Lee Burridge Jason Jollins

in the lounge:

Stretch Armstrong

Pascal

Jazzy Nice

PM TO GET MORE INFO OR TO BE PLACED ON THE GUESTLIST

Damn Deppnade...sorry I left out the Needle Jockey's. lol

Yea I heard he played a insane night. Finally bringing back the NASTY BEATS.

They didnt care about the sneakers...alot of people there were just comfortably dressed. I mean, I didnt even get ID checked for that matter.

Halloween party at SF...all I can say is the Anticipation is killing me. Last years Halloween party is gonna be hard to beat. I walked in to JP playing Michael Jackson - THriller :eek: ORIGINAL!! Sick night.

I try to switch it up. Go out to a casual place then a more dressy place a few weeks later. Depends how I feel.

Tek

needle jockeys it is...:)

yea, halloween should be sick...BTW, im sure you know me by face...i worked at neptunes/brazil/caseys/cpis/tavern/goggle all in the hamptons and im out more then a boner in sweat pants...

i was there at 1250am and waited there for almost 1 1/2 hrs, i guess they underestimated the amt of ppl that would show up for the Grand (RE)Opening of da former Limelight...EVERYONE showed up for this one...Stupid bouncers cut the line off to the first 50+ ppl and closed the club, and we all waited to get in...then we were informed shortly after 2am that even we couldnt get in...what a fukin waste of time...totally ruined the nite for me and about 50 others...xP neways i was madd disappointed...they better manage it better the next time...

xP GRRRR ...:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

esp. wid top names like Richie Hawtin and Ferry coming in the next couple of months

Originally posted by madoka2000

i was there at 1250am and waited there for almost 1 1/2 hrs, i guess they underestimated the amt of ppl that would show up for the Grand (RE)Opening of da former Limelight...EVERYONE showed up for this one...Stupid bouncers cut the line off to the first 50+ ppl and closed the club, and we all waited to get in...then we were informed shortly after 2am that even we couldnt get in...what a fukin waste of time...totally ruined the nite for me and about 50 others...xP neways i was madd disappointed...they better manage it better the next time...

xP GRRRR ...:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

esp. wid top names like Richie Hawtin and Ferry coming in the next couple of months

if the fire marshall comes and shuts the doors of a venue there is nothing the bouncers can do about it

Etienne! :D

Im sure I do..the amount that I was at All of those places this year lol

And BTW...ill be skipping Avalon for Hipp-e and Halo. Ive seen them 2 times before...doodie.

Tek

so whats in store for u until halloween at factory???

by then i will have went to mirage 1x and been sick of it...i want to check out Deep without a doubt...other than that i dont know...u gonna go to that 50s party crap???

what other lounges would u recommend??? usually i go away for school, this is my first year back at home...getting masters at dowling...im sure u know that place...i used to love Spa...the old Saci when it was good on thursdays...what else would u recommend...love Sessa sat nights too...but they get mad when u open up a circle... ;)

In store for me until Halloween...NOTHING lol.

Well nothing big anyways. Ill hit up Deep again def. I would like to Check out Avalon for Richie Hawtin also.

I go to school year round so it always sucks.

Sessa sat nights is good also Cheetah Sundays after Factory.

Im just gonna lay low gotta buy a Truck ML320 I think...thats gonna take a chunk outta the pocket, and just prepare for Halloween. And NO I refuse to go to AT THE HOP...seriously, wtf is that about. A 50's party at Factory? lets get serious.

Tek

And NO I refuse to go to AT THE HOP...seriously, wtf is that about. A 50's party at Factory? lets get serious.

Tek

i think you and i are the only ones who think its a stupid idea...but whatever...thats what the weeks before and after are for...and then rite after that comes HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!

(already put in for a vacation day for that sunday :D )