Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Round of applause to Mr. Danny Tenaglia

djustinh

Don't Junior and Peters have that time beat by a lot?

I'm not downplaying Danny's accomplishment. He probably did it more sober than the aforementioned disc jockeys. Im just curious to know if they did and about long the duration of their record sets were?

Originally posted by djustinh

I have never read about a DJ being to excited for a gig like Danny's excitement to play at STEREO in montreal.

He broke his 17 hour set record today with a nice 19 hours and 15 minutes of playing time.

I wish he would play 19 hours at vinyl :)

Congrats:hat:

where did you hear 17 hours was his record?

he's done more then that at space ibiza i believe, between the terrace and inside...

and in miami he does at least 19 every wmc...

Originally posted by PFloyd40

he's done more then that at space ibiza i believe, between the terrace and inside...

His record for STEREO was actually 18.5 Hours... Not 17.5

I do not know about anywhere else...

Originally posted by PFloyd40

Im going off what his die-hard fans say on DTourism.com

and he hasn't disputed any of what they have said about the records/time lengths etc. he did clamin that Stereo was his longest set ever, and was nervous about this gig because he felt he had some pressure to play even longer, which he did, people were there for the full "19 hours and 15 minutes"

and as far as JP, things are going to be changing at the Theme Parties and Regular nights, they will not be going nearly as late as they used to be, and if you dont believe me, read www.JonathanPeters.com -> SoundFactory forum... theres a sticky up about it, closings will be earlier.

Friday was a GREAT night. He DID get there a little later than usual, but he played a good set full of our favorites and when he left, there was an INCREDIBLE guy that played, does anyone know who that was? He was dark and hard until they turned the lights on and put us the fuck out!

Danny was in a good mood and it showed in the music, and he was outside teasing the smokers and talking to us before he left.

Those that were crazy enough to leave when Danny did missed some of the best music I've heard there.

I know that Danny does 20 hour marathons at Space during the WMC, not sure about other places.

I was there for Be Yourself @ Stereo in Montreal, and DT was masterful. While I give proper respect to Junior and his ability to do marathons, a JP marathon is nothing like a DT marathon. I was there for about 16 hours and DT's set was pure quality, almost no filler throughout the time I was there, unlike the many times I've heard JP do long sets. And sadly, Stereo blows most New York clubs out of the water, and no sound system in this city compares. They've got it good up in Montreal, I'm jealous.

Originally posted by someclown

I love DT. It just seems to me that he gets really psyched to play in other places besides NYC and puts on such a great show. I wish he had such energy on Fridays at "Be Yourself" to consistently be as awesome as he can.

i have to agree with you on this one. but then again anyone would probably get excited to play at venues around the world other than the same place friday in and friday out. who knows, but i agree with what your saying.

i have to agree with you on this one. but then again anyone would probably get excited to play at venues around the world other than the same place friday in and friday out. who knows, but i agree with what your saying.

Definitely true. Who wouldn't be pumped to play in Ibiza (or Montreal, England, etc.), and want to just blow those people away? I just think maybe he is getting tired of the New York scene (for a lot of reasons) and probably needs/wants a change. Of course I'm selfish. I love being able to see him whenever I want. I wish he would "fall in love" with New York again. Maybe he should have spent more time in Ibiza this past summer instead of staying at Arc.:confused:

Originally posted by someclown

Definitely true. Who wouldn't be pumped to play in Ibiza (or Montreal, England, etc.), and want to just blow those people away? I just think maybe he is getting tired of the New York scene (for a lot of reasons) and probably needs/wants a change. Of course I'm selfish. I love being able to see him whenever I want. I wish he would "fall in love" with New York again. Maybe he should have spent more time in Ibiza this past summer instead of staying at Arc.:confused:

He said there were too many clubs that offered him places to play at, and as a business respect he turned them all down, not wanting to make either of the (i think 3 or 4) big rooms mad. which is a smart move, but I personally would have just done all 4 no? Ibiza is like all summer long, but then again im not in his shoes, theres obviously more to it then what we dont know.

He said there were too many clubs that offered him places to play at, and as a business respect he turned them all down, not wanting to make either of the (i think 3 or 4) big rooms mad. which is a smart move, but I personally would have just done all 4 no? Ibiza is like all summer long, but then again im not in his shoes, theres obviously more to it then what we dont know.

yup lot of politics..

not positive, but i believe last year space was not happy that he chose to play amnesia, pacha and privilege, and was not slated to play space at all, which has been the only venue he spun at period in the past... he still did end up spinning the closing party though i believe..

I think we are missing the point a bit, here. I have no doubt that when Danny plays in Ibiza, it is absolutely mind blowing, the crowd, the vibe, and most of all the craziness he brings doing his thing... however, we are the most lucky club-goers in the whole world to have Danny here spinning in NYC (almost) every week! And to say he is just ho-hum is a bit misleading... I grant you he is not always 'mind-blowing', and at Arc nowadays the experience is hit or miss. But when he wants to bring it, even at his weekly residency, he can blow the f*cking roof off the place. Case in point: he stops by Arc on his way up to Montreal to a packed house at Arc and has the entire place dancing and going nuts for 2 hours... dark, twisted tribal, ripped the shit out of a remix of Deeper, lights perfectly in synch, lots of fog at appropriate times - granted, no marathon, but take into account the man was on his way to Montreal and still had it in him to stop by and play for the local crowd at his weekly residency! And the last time he played with S+P was a night to remember as well, not as crowded but a great party nonetheless. To wish Danny would play out of NY more often would be to deprive us of what we are so lucky to have here in NY... A world-class weekly resident that actually has his shit together, and cares about his fans and humanity on top of it all! Personally I cherish those memories of the great times I had at Vinyl, and love it when it feels like that in there once again... and all thanks to the man we are so lucky to have as a weekly resident here in NYC...

That being said, I wish I could make it to Ibiza this friday... gonna be siccccckkkkkkkkkk ;)