Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lisa Shaw & DJ Swingsett at the Marlin review

macboy

WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW!

Mr. Joe Budious, great to meet ya and thanks for hooking us up.

Before midnight, the music was blah.

The place starts filling up, and by the time the beautiful Lisa Shaw gets on at 12:30, the dance floor is packed. People are cheering. The place is jumping for the rest of the night. She has such a seductive voice, perfectly complementing those deep house grooves. The place was still busy when I left around 3. Doesn't anybody work anymore? :laugh:

Any other CPers there last night?

:confused: I saw it a little bit different. I thought the music for the most part was good. Lisa Shaw as always is good. The Vibe was excellent...But, I felt that it didn't seem to me that Shaw and her husband Swingset were really vibeing eachjother.. That between the record selection and the first six train wreaks I wasn't that impressed. Maybe I've been to used to hearing her play with MIggs.

Anyways thats my 2 cents.

Overall rating 2 stars.:):boohoo:

peace.

Great night all in all. Lisa has such a nice voice. Really got the crowd going. As far as the DJs, not that great. Train wrecking left and right. The sound was booming, but the low end was a little over powering. Great turnout for a wednesday night. Glad I went.

Peace, D

Unfortunately these things happen to best and worst DJ's...

But this time, quite a few wrecks were due to the monitors being turned down (to avoid feedback when Lisa sang).. When ya can't hear... accidents happen...

Honestly.. I too saw strange chemistry between the two... but it did not seem serious...

Overall A good show.. a smaller crowd than Britt but still a good one.:cool:

don't you have anything better to do than sit around & beat count. swingsett has way more heart & depth w/ his musical selection than migs. maybe the lack of chemistry you saw between lisa & david was because of the closed minded world that you live in has to in some way challange such a dynamic & diverse couple.

Originally posted by musicislife

don't you have anything better to do than sit around & beat count. swingsett has way more heart & depth w/ his musical selection than migs. maybe the lack of chemistry you saw between lisa & david was because of the closed minded world that you live in has to in some way challange such a dynamic & diverse couple.

why don't you tell us how you feel? :D