Clubplanet Nightlife Community

LOTR: Return Of The King Trailer

teriaki

did they make the 3rd harry potter movie? i am just about to start reading the 5th book.

i am most excited for return of the king though. i cant wait to see how they did mount doom. i was supposed to hike over that area when i was in mew zealand last month but the crossing was closed cause it was too dangerous.

Originally posted by hotcheme

did they make the 3rd harry potter movie? i am just about to start reading the 5th book.

I read it right when it came out. It's really good. A couple of twists and turns that are unexpected, and the book in general is pretty dark. (Comparitively speaking, of course.)

Originally posted by velvetgoldmire

The third HP movie, Prisoner of Azkaban, isn't out in theaters until June 2004... and it's gonna have Gary Oldman in it!

You going to see the release of the First to LOTR Extended Editions in the theatre??

They're really going to milk the franchise for all it's worth leading up to the Return of the King.

Originally posted by velvetgoldmire

And it's worth every penny. They busted their asses to give both fans and newcomers an amazing trilogy on film. I fully support these films, and don't mind at all giving my money towards a project like this one that deserves it.

Oh - I'm not complaining... Just was wondering and making an observation.

Better win numerous awards this year - been screwed the last two.

Originally posted by teriaki

I read it right when it came out. It's really good. A couple of twists and turns that are unexpected, and the book in general is pretty dark. (Comparitively speaking, of course.)

they have been increasingly dark. i cried when they killed that kid in the 4th book.

i didnt know they will be showing the extended lotr in theatres. i dont know if i can sit through that. i love the movies but i have watched them too many times already to devote that much attention to it for 3 1/2 hours.

Think 3.5 hours is bad? Check this out! :eek: (I think it's what sauvee mentioned)

NEW LINE CINEMA CELEBRATES DECEMBER 17 RELEASE OF THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING WITH EXCLUSIVE SCREENING SERIES

SPECIAL EXTENDED EDITION PRESENTATIONS OF THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING AND THE TWO TOWERS CULMINATE IN THREE-FILM MARATHON

Los Angeles, CA, August 22, 2003 - Leading up to the December 17 release of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, the final film in Peter Jackson's epic dramatic trilogy, New Line Cinema will release a limited number of 35mm prints of the Special Extended Editions of The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers in theaters across North America. The special screening series will culminate in an unprecedented marathon of back-to-back presentations of the Extended Editions followed by a special screening of The Return of the King. The announcement was made today by Rolf Mittweg, the studio's president and chief operating officer, worldwide distribution and marketing.

From December 5 - 11, the studio will release 100-150 35mm prints of the Special Extended Edition of The Fellowship of the Ring in cities across the country. On December 12 - 15, these prints will be replaced with Special Extended Edition prints of The Two Towers. On Monday, December 8, and Monday, December 15, both films will be presented back-to-back. Then, on Tuesday, December 16, participating theaters will show a one-time-only marathon of both Extended Edition prints followed by an 11pm screening of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. The official opening of the film will commence at 12:01 AM on Wednesday, December 17, 2003.

Originally posted by sauvee88

Popcorn for breakfast

Popcorn for lunch

Popcorn for dinner :D :D :D

One numb ass

5 potty breaks

One annoying child

Seeing 12 hours of LOTR... Priceless :aright:

I think in a 12 hour sitting, I'd need at least one Special Extended Edition potty break. That would suck having to do that in a movie theater bathroom.

Originally posted by sauvee88

Got to be better than doing it at Nation... Or any club for that matter...

Actually, it's not so bad if you get there early enough. Movie theaters are the worst, though. Everyone holds it till the end of the movie, so it's a mad rush for the potty and once they get within 5 feet of the toilet, any surface will do.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Actually, it's not so bad if you get there early enough. Movie theaters are the worst, though. Everyone holds it till the end of the movie, so it's a mad rush for the potty and once they get within 5 feet of the toilet, any surface will do.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: