Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i hate...

dgmodel

Originally posted by dgmodel

unrealistic, and exaggerated movies... thats it...

hell yeah :no:

but unfortunately, like smokescreen said, most films out there have those qualities more or less.

I espec. hated all those strings of Natural Disaster and war movies movies that came out (with Ben Affleck and all those other fakes)

I mean, films that appear so fantastic that it seems unbelievable fail to live up to tenets that makes a film A FILM!

Check out independent ones :aright:

Originally posted by bullseye

like saturday night fever?

:laugh2:

that film was more realistic cuz it was made at that time. That film has so much rich cultural symbolism in it, that i think that saves it.

I think DG is talking more about current films.

:laugh: i just saw a pic of my dad in his polyester suit, circa 1976, :laugh: he had the hairy chest, gold chain, side burns, burt reynolds moustache:laugh: .

though i love tons of movies from the past 20 years, movies from the 70's are in a class of their own. cases in point, french connection, deliverance, godfather movies, taxi driver, apocalypse now, saturday night fever, breaking away, bad new bears, carnal knowledge, etc.

...sometimes you have to just sit there and accept that it's just a movie...it usually only occurs in certain types of movies, and if you're in attendance of those, i'm going to assume that you're there for escapism as entertainment...that being the case, a lot should fall waist-side...unless ofcourse, it is just that bad and painful...most of the times, i just find it comical and laugh at it...nowadays, movies sometimes poke fun at that excessiveness and acknowledge the over-the-top effect in the movie itself...

did anyone here see this movie called "dont be afraid of the dark". it was about this chick named sally, who was under attack by these lil 12" troll like ppl. that lived under the staircase in her house. they used to call her name "sally, sally".

Originally posted by dgmodel

bad boys one was at least tolerable... (havent seen two) but movies like that like too fast too furious, or ones that have outrageous plots that just dont make sense... and lack consistancy...

xXx with vin diesel falls into that category... terrible movie