Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CoolJunkie.com exclusive on Space34 Closure...

cooljunkie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351

i know, would saleen ruin his rep?

would cj post something that is bs and not founded on good journalism???

they can doubt, but the fact remains, i'm always right, and i'm always comped....

drinks on the haters......

Originally posted by pod

We all know you hate Space, but seriously, this has far-reaching implications...

Absolutely incorect - just don't like the spin job and hypocrisy.

LP is painting himself as a "victim" - he is far from it. He talked about the innocent employees that were going to lose there jobs - Yet was known as a tyrant that would fire employees for no reason at all.

Space had a great run - but its ova.

A building that size is NOT just going to get up and start walking away. That building will not go long in silence.

I sure there are a few RICH people that have had first tabs on the venue for when something like this would happen they can buy the building out as-is fully working so they can just sign and drive!

as a memory is made in your mind, a new venture beings.

As we all miss shadow, The Mix after hours, ect. they gave us space, now space is gone so now we get..........

sooon to come.

Originally posted by sobe2003

LP is painting himself as a "victim" - he is far from it. He talked about the innocent employees that were going to lose there jobs - Yet was known as a tyrant that would fire employees for no reason at all.

Whatever his internal practices were, him and everyone working at Space 34 are a victim of a government far exceeding it's constituionally limited powers. I know I'm biased here because I like the club and I'm a staunch advocate of an extremely limited form of government (let's put it this way, with me in charge, the government would be 1/10th the size...), but still, there is a victim in this and it is Space 34.

Absolutely incorect - just don't like the spin job and hypocrisy.

Space had a great run - but its ova.

I think that's a little strong. LP is a businessman, and it's not easy to be the nice guy when you're in charge of a large operation like that. I'm sure other respected peeps / owners on here such as ogmiami have had to fire plenty of people. There tends to be a reason.

Originally posted by pod

Whatever his internal practices were, him and everyone working at Space 34 are a victim of a government far exceeding it's constituionally limited powers. I know I'm biased here because I like the club and I'm a staunch advocate of an extremely limited form of government (let's put it this way, with me in charge, the government would be 1/10th the size...), but still, there is a victim in this and it is Space 34.

Dude - you are so wrong.

Please explain how the government is exceeding it's constitutionally limited powers?

If you think that LP is being singled out I suggest you go back and sniff some more glue or hit up Rush for some extra scooby snacks to get you through the day.

Guest saleen351

Dude - you are so wrong.

Please explain how the government is exceeding it's constitutionally limited powers?

If you think that LP is being singled out I suggest you go back and sniff some more glue or hit up Rush for some extra scooby snacks to get you through the day.

:aright:

space isn't a victum, they dug their own grave...

He's being singled out because he owns and operates the largest club in town, with unrestricted operating hours to boot. You know when the Feds were raiding the place 2 months back, they were trying to find anything, even a little scrap of paper, that nailed LP personally to the wall in a "drug dealing ring"...Space has been an 'issue' at City Hall for awhile, however it was operating within the laws that the City themselves set down to spur development...the City wanted a Riverwalk type of thing, what a place like Space represented wasn't...so the City found spurious reasons to bother and harass the club. The dealing by the employees was a problem, yes, but out of all the clubs in town, I've seen Space do everything in it's power to curb the dealing and using...but I guess it wasn't enough to satisfy the powers that be..