Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ladies and Gentleman...RADIOHEAD!!!

funketeer

Originally posted by vipnerd

Did I sound coherent? ;):tongue:

Not Vipnerd!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I meant Radiohead...they did sound coherent...very cool guys...I'm the less star-struck person you'll ever meet...but I have to say, sometimes...in the case of Radiohead, for example...I can't help but realize I'm in the presence of greatness...and for a second I go...DAMN!!! Then...I get back down to earth and keep doing my work...another day at the office.

peace

FUNK

ps. I ALREADY GOT MY TICKETS...SECTION 2!!! :D

Originally posted by funketeer

Not Vipnerd!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I meant Radiohead...they did sound coherent...very cool guys...I'm the less star-struck person you'll ever meet...but I have to say, sometimes...in the case of Radiohead, for example...I can't help but realize I'm in the presence of greatness...and for a second I go...DAMN!!! Then...I get back down to earth and keep doing my work...another day at the office.

peace

FUNK

ps. I ALREADY GOT MY TICKETS...SECTION 2!!! :D

Originally posted by absolutv

section 1

:cuss: ... why Saturday ... :fridge:

I was there Section 6. First Row

First of all, I'm not one given to hyperbole, but Radiohead is the greatest band of our generation...and I'm not really a rock/pop person, and so not one who idoloizes bands. But these guys are supreme musicians.

What really impressed me about the concert was the way all the electronically driven tracks from 'Kid A' came off live. I thought it would be more studio sensitive stuff.....boy was I fricking wrong.

It was a pleasure to see them live. I've always thought that 'OK Computer' was probably the greatest LP ever. That's what initially got me into the band.

The Hail to the Thief stuff was also superb.

BOTTOM LINE....NO ONE......NOT A SINGLE MUSICAL ACT IN OUR DAY CAN MEASURE UP TO RADIOHEAD.....That is all, respect it

:cool:

Originally posted by voluptuary

I was there Section 6. First Row

First of all, I'm not one given to hyperbole, but Radiohead is the greatest band of our generation...and I'm not really a rock/pop person, and so not one who idoloizes bands. But these guys are supreme musicians.

What really impressed me about the concert was the way all the electronically driven tracks from 'Kid A' came off live. I thought it would be more studio sensitive stuff.....boy was I fricking wrong.

It was a pleasure to see them live. I've always thought that 'OK Computer' was probably the greatest LP ever. That's what initially got me into the band.

The Hail to the Thief stuff was also superb.

BOTTOM LINE....NO ONE......NOT A SINGLE MUSICAL ACT IN OUR DAY CAN MEASURE UP TO RADIOHEAD.....That is all, respect it

:cool:

Hey now. Radiohead is definitely a unique and great band but I wouldn't say they are the BEST. There are a couple of bands that are right up there like Dave Matthews Band for instance.

It's different but equally as awesome.

Dave Matthews is talented and I enjoy his music, but in terms of sheer musical virtuosity, creativity, subtlty and lyrical sublimity, RH trumps anybody that's out there

Radiohead is supremely intelligent rock. It appeals to our better aethetic sensibilities

Originally posted by voluptuary

Dave Matthews is talented and I enjoy his music, but in terms of sheer musical virtuosity, creativity, subtlty and lyrical sublimity, RH trumps anybody that's out there

Radiohead is supremely intelligent rock. It appeals to our better aethetic sensibilities

I was just using Dave Matthews as an example of what I was trying to say. What I am saying is that Radiohead is one of the best bands out there right now but it's a bold thing to say they are the BEST.

They are definitely up there, though. I am highly impressed and I didn't particularly like Radiohead before I saw them yesterday.

Karma Police and Idiotheque were my favorite tracks. (see?....never knew these songs before yesterday and now I can't stop listening to Kid A and OK Computer).

once again....excellent fucking show....

:aright::rock: