Clubplanet Nightlife Community

cubs vs. marlins

skywalker01

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY, IM FROM NEW YORK BRO, AND EVEN I WANT THE MARLINS TO WIN CUZ I GO TO MIAMI ALL THE FRKN TIME.....BUT NOT FOR NOTHING, YOU MARLIN FANS WHO ARE CHEERING FOR THEM NOW SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.

WHERE WERE YOU ALL SEASON WHEN THEYRE WERE LIKE 2 PEOPLE IN PRO-PLAYER TO SEE THIS TEAM PLAY. THEY PLAYED THEIR ASSES OFF AND DESERVE WHERE THEY ARE AT RIGHT NOW NO DOUBT. BUT THEY DESERVE BETTER FANS

NOW THEY ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS, AND THE FKN STADIUM IS PACKED OUT.......TRY CHEERING FOR YOUR TEAM DURING THE SEASON ALSO, AND YOU'LL SEE HOW GOOD THEY'LL DO. MAYBE YOU GUYS MIGHT ACTUALLY GET THAT NEW STADIUM SOMEWHERE DOWNTOWN. TOO

ANYWAY, GO MARLINS, HOPE THEY KICK THE CUBS ASS!

EXACTLY...WHY WOULD I START CHEERING FOR THE MARLINS NOW WHEN I HAVE BEEN A CUBS FAN ALL MY LIFE, CUBS FANS ARE THE BEST AND MOST LOYAL IN ALLL OF BASEBALL AND BELIEVE ME YOU WILL HERE AND SEE THEM DOWN HERE IN MIAMI, JUST LIKE IN ATLANTA...ONLY THIS TIME PROBABLY A LOT MORE WILL BE THERE!!!!

Cub fans have been behind them for 95 years, since they last won a world series....how many years did it take all you die hard marlins fans to fall off the bandwagon....fair weather fans!!

GO CUBS!!! FREEZE THOSE FISH UP IN CHITOWN!!

BTW...CHECK THE MARLINS RECORD AGAINST THE CUBS THIS YEAR...D-TRAIN IS ABOUT TO BE DE-RAILED!! :laugh::blown:

Originally posted by swtpapi4ugirl

HEY, IM FROM NEW YORK BRO, AND EVEN I WANT THE MARLINS TO WIN CUZ I GO TO MIAMI ALL THE FRKN TIME.....BUT NOT FOR NOTHING, YOU MARLIN FANS WHO ARE CHEERING FOR THEM NOW SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.

WHERE WERE YOU ALL SEASON WHEN THEYRE WERE LIKE 2 PEOPLE IN PRO-PLAYER TO SEE THIS TEAM PLAY. THEY PLAYED THEIR ASSES OFF AND DESERVE WHERE THEY ARE AT RIGHT NOW NO DOUBT. BUT THEY DESERVE BETTER FANS

NOW THEY ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS, AND THE FKN STADIUM IS PACKED OUT.......TRY CHEERING FOR YOUR TEAM DURING THE SEASON ALSO, AND YOU'LL SEE HOW GOOD THEY'LL DO. MAYBE YOU GUYS MIGHT ACTUALLY GET THAT NEW STADIUM SOMEWHERE DOWNTOWN. TOO

ANYWAY, GO MARLINS, HOPE THEY KICK THE CUBS ASS!

Ummm, you can exclude me from those people. I have been a fan since day 1 back in 1993.....even in 1998 when they had the fire sale, and lost 100+ games. I never jumped ship on them, even tho a lot of South Floridians did, cause that's the way south Floridians are :rolleyes:

I've been thru the good times and the bad. I'm very excited to be going thru the good times again. :D

As for the Cubs, much luck to them....95 years is a long ass time!!! I know I will cherish the 1997 season and def this season if the Marlins do go all the way.....just look at the Cubs.

Originally posted by xxgrooveericxx

Ummm, you can exclude me from those people. I have been a fan since day 1 back in 1993.....even in 1998 when they had the fire sale, and lost 100+ games. I never jumped ship on them, even tho a lot of South Floridians did, cause that's the way south Floridians are :rolleyes:

I've been thru the good times and the bad. I'm very excited to be going thru the good times again. :D

As for the Cubs, much luck to them....95 years is a long ass time!!! I know I will cherish the 1997 season and def this season if the Marlins do go all the way.....just look at the Cubs.

Listen up mister who you are you referring to when you say band-wagon?:mad:

:tongue::laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by happyface

Listen up mister who you are you referring to when you say band-wagon?:mad:

:tongue::laugh: :laugh:

Exactly!!! :D

I remember in 1998 I used to watch the games everyday on TV and my father would ask me "Why are you watching them? They suck"

I told him "The Marlins are my home team, and I support them win or lose"

And then he went and changed the channel to watch his childhood, hometown Yankees :rolleyes:

I'm a hometown person. I support all my hometown local teams. :)

YO GROOVE, IM GOING OUT THERE THIS WEEKEND FROM NY. ANYWAY YOU KNOW IF I CAN GET MY HANDS ON TICKETS IF THEY PLAY OUT THERE ON THE WEEKEND, YOU THINK THEY'LL BE SOLD OUT AT ALL?

Yeah you better hurry up I herd the whole city of hialieah is going to be attending..................:laugh: :laugh:

YO GROOVE, IM GOING OUT THERE THIS WEEKEND FROM NY. ANYWAY YOU KNOW IF I CAN GET MY HANDS ON TICKETS IF THEY PLAY OUT THERE ON THE WEEKEND, YOU THINK THEY'LL BE SOLD OUT AT ALL?

Went to ticketmaster online....no tickets available for Games 3 and 4

DAMN!!! :eek:

If you want tickets, gotta get them from scalpers ;)

Originally posted by bluecenterstar

Heehe.. you're soo jealous aren't ya... happyface!!!

don't worry this is his last year and then he'll retire to Mississippi where I'll be stalking him...

Jealous? Of what? :laugh: Hes a pcker and im a bear fan im suposed to hate him and all the cheese heads!!!:laugh: And the vikes aswell..........but thats football.:tongue:

BUT NOT FOR NOTHING, YOU MARLIN FANS WHO ARE CHEERING FOR THEM NOW SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.

WHERE WERE YOU ALL SEASON WHEN THEYRE WERE LIKE 2 PEOPLE IN PRO-PLAYER TO SEE THIS TEAM PLAY.

its true that attendance is wack...but its up 40% than last year and tv viewing is up another 30%....what does that tell u?? we have a long way to go, but what do u want when a team wins the world series in 97? and then a minor league team replaces them the following year? i would love to see what the Yankees fan would say or do, if they sold their team today...and brought in minor league/replacement players...i have been a fan since 93 and have been to games regardless of who is in there, just like grooveeric...hell i met groove for the first time at the Marlin game...in 2006 the lease with Pro Player stadium is done and the Marlins can and will get their new stadium in 2006....btw--i was at the game on saturday, one of the best i have EVER been in my life...and i went to the playoffs and world series in 97....also my heart is torn down the middle with this series...before the Marlins, guess who was my team? the Cubs...all we had back then (prior to 93) was WGN, so i am still a Cub fan...but fuck it...these are MY Marlins....and i hope they make it to the big dance again...we are bringing back the Championship to Miami again in 2003!!!!!

Originally posted by tranzwhore

that they're winning!

that...and that fan support is there cuz we have a RESPECTABLE team...case in point...the Miami Heat? if they put a winning team that can be competitive, the support will be there...i remember a few years back, when the Heat were actually winning...the attendance was there...hell!! the Knicks vs Heat rivalry isnt the same anymore....

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

that...and that fan support is there cuz we have a RESPECTABLE team...case in point...the Miami Heat? if they put a winning team that can be competitive, the support will be there...i remember a few years back, when the Heat were actually winning...the attendance was there...hell!! the Knicks vs Heat rivalry isnt the same anymore....

miamians are fair weathered fans......even when the fins make it to the playoff's we don't sell out so the games can be televised!