Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ALCS -It's on baby!!! Yankees-Red Sox!!!

someclown

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by elementx

I am telling you... If Giambi is in the whole game his offence will come around...

And yes they should move him down in the order...

Johnson has done shit for us... Sorry... just the way I feel...

I got the text message... But didn't read it. I actually thought it was something from my phone company cause I normally don't get text messages unless they are from my company...

I will have to look at it now... :laugh:

Johnson is a better defensive player.. you don't think?

I personally don't like Giambi.. never really have.. wouldrather have Tino ANY DAY.. wowee I miss Tino.. :(

Originally posted by Codica3

I personally don't like Giambi.. never really have.. wouldrather have Tino ANY DAY.. wowee I miss Tino.. :(

We all miss Tino!!!

Niether of them are incredible first basemen... But I would rather Giambi... Numbers may not show this season. But that is because he was not played... But he is a better hitter...

We all miss Tino!!!

Niether of them are incredible first basemen... But I would rather Giambi... Numbers may not show this season. But that is because he was not played... But he is a better hitter...

We all miss Tino!!!

:eek: You were by the Nacho stand... :drool: I was around that area before the game started to load up on nachos...

Section 12 the stand is at... ;)

The only thing I don't like about Yankee Stadium is how they only sell Coronas at the Beers of the World stands and there aren't enough of them dammit!

We all miss Tino!!!

Yeah, it's true his numbers are better when he's in the field.. but his numbers suck PERIOD this year.. he got hot for a lil while but that's not cuttin' it.. for crying out loud, he's making millions to be our big hitter that's supposed to carry the team and all he's doing is striking out..

When Nick Johnson had to jump for that ball that Sori threw and his foot left the bag so the runner was safe, all the people near me were screaming: TINO WOULD HAVE MADE THAT PLAY! :mad:

Sori is another story.. I dunno if he'll ever settle in as a reliable 2nd baseman.. I heard on the post-show on the radio how people really hope they can find another position for him..

Not to mention Mr. Aaron Boone who has done so little for us since coming here.. I like him and all, but I'd rather have Ventura and CLAUSSEN still..

Haha.. fuck that.. BRING SCOTTY B. BACK!! :D

Yeah, it's true his numbers are better when he's in the field.. but his numbers suck PERIOD this year.. he got hot for a lil while but that's not cuttin' it.. for crying out loud, he's making millions to be our big hitter that's supposed to carry the team and all he's doing is striking out..

When Nick Johnson had to jump for that ball that Sori threw and his foot left the bag so the runner was safe, all the people near me were screaming: TINO WOULD HAVE MADE THAT PLAY! :mad:

Sori is another story.. I dunno if he'll ever settle in as a reliable 2nd baseman.. I heard on the post-show on the radio how people really hope they can find another position for him..

Not to mention Mr. Aaron Boone who has done so little for us since coming here.. I like him and all, but I'd rather have Ventura and CLAUSSEN still..

Haha.. fuck that.. BRING SCOTTY B. BACK!! :D

Just look at Giambi's stats when Johnson was injured. He was hitting every game... Getting on base every game... His numbers jumped almost 70 points... And then when Giambi came back and he was put back at DH... His numbers dropped again...

Just look at Giambi's stats when Johnson was injured. He was hitting every game... Getting on base every game... His numbers jumped almost 70 points... And then when Giambi came back and he was put back at DH... His numbers dropped again...

Fuck Giambi.. let's send him back to Oakland.. they seem to need him over there.. :laugh:

Boone is excellent in the field... But hitting he has done absolutely nothing for us... Ventura at least comes through when it is clutch... And he is also a good fielder... They should have held onto him...

I just read your text message... Trust me I was hating on just about everyone yesterday...

What is your take on the Foul / homerun???

From my side I could not see exactly what happened... Or if it was fair or foul... :confused:

Boone is excellent in the field... But hitting he has done absolutely nothing for us... Ventura at least comes through when it is clutch... And he is also a good fielder... They should have held onto him...

Yeah.. definitely miss Ventura (he was nice to look at too..)

But I think they're gonna miss Claussen just a lil bit more..

This kid looked like he had the right stuff..

I dunno where you were sitting last nite, but it was anything but quiet where my seats were..

The crowd was being rowdy and there were some fights..

lol i was sitting in the bleachers. this is my 3rd time, no fourth time in yankee staidum and first time in the bleachers and honestly i have heard it alot louder. but i guess its expected when you are losing. i dunno, last game i went to was a football game and the crowds for either side winner/loser etc was just way more into it. maybe i should just stick to football ;)

i guess you coudl say the sox bats quieted the crowds. :tongue:

Originally posted by nycchic24

lol i was sitting in the bleachers. this is my 3rd time, no fourth time in yankee staidum and first time in the bleachers and honestly i have heard it alot louder. but i guess its expected when you are losing. i dunno, last game i went to was a football game and the crowds for either side winner/loser etc was just way more into it. maybe i should just stick to football ;)

How do you compare a football crowd to a baseball crowd. Football is non stop... Play after play. Off. and Def...

And truthfully the last game that I was at. Game 2 of the ALDS the 53-59 sections of the bleachers it sounded pretty quiet. But up in the stadium it was loud...

I know bleachers in the 30's were loud the whole game. I heard them from up in the clouds...

How do you compare a football crowd to a baseball crowd. Football is non stop... Play after play. Off. and Def...

And truthfully the last game that I was at. Game 2 of the ALDS the 53-59 sections of the bleachers it sounded pretty quiet. But up in the stadium it was loud...

I know bleachers in the 30's were loud the whole game. I heard them from up in the clouds...

welll being this my frist ALCS game in yankees stadiyum, i guess i just expected more. ... for the exact reasons that it is the ALCS and it is yankees/red sox. *shrugs* i guess thats why i just compared it to a) the last sporting event i attended and B) the fact that it was a huge game and great rivalry (note: i went to the UF Vs Miami football game in the orange bowl. me being with the visiting team just like last nights game)

please dont take it personally, its just my observation. :)

if you would like to compare, apples to apples ;) i went to yanks v bosox game this past July in fenway.. bosox lost and i believe the home crowd was still louder and more amped than last night's crowd and yankee stadium has a 16-18,000 advantage?

i screamed yankees suck and i expected ppl to yell back at me

last night. no one said anything but just stared? whath is wrong with that picture? :confused:

welll being this my frist ALCS game in yankees stadiyum, i guess i just expected more. ... for the exact reasons that it is the ALCS and it is yankees/red sox. *shrugs* i guess thats why i just compared it to a) the last sporting event i attended and B) the fact that it was a huge game and great rivalry (note: i went to the UF Vs Miami football game in the orange bowl. me being with the visiting team just like last nights game)

please dont take it personally, its just my observation. :)

if you would like to compare, apples to apples ;) i went to yanks v bosox game this past July in fenway.. bosox lost and i believe the home crowd was still louder and more amped than last night's crowd and yankee stadium has a 16-18,000 advantage?

last night. no one said anything but just stared? whath is wrong with that picture? :confused:

Maybe because there is no alchohol in that section. And the fans were calm... All I know is that one guy in my section screamed Moose sucks on his way up the steps back to his seat and he had approx 3 cups of soda, various types of food and whatever else was in peoples reach thrown at him... Then the cops came up to throw the people who threw the shit at him out of the stadium. And the area was screaming for them to throw the Boston fan out of the stadium and threw shit at the cops as well...

Sorry you did not experience the violence... And/or the true yankees volume in the stadium... but I think you do not get the full effect in the bleachers... Not in the 50's bleachers... But up in the actual stadium it was nuts... :tongue:

Maybe because there is no alchohol in that section. And the fans were calm... All I know is that one guy in my section screamed Moose sucks on his way up the steps back to his seat and he had approx 3 cups of soda, various types of food and whatever else was in peoples reach thrown at him... Then the cops came up to throw the people who threw the shit at him out of the stadium. And the area was screaming for them to throw the Boston fan out of the stadium and threw shit at the cops as well...

Sorry you did not experience the violence... And/or the true yankees volume in the stadium... but I think you do not get the full effect in the bleachers... Not in the 50's bleachers... But up in the actual stadium it was nuts... :tongue:

you are right.. i was even saying last ngiht i was robbed of my baseball experience... dammit i couldnt even get a freakin ice cream last night in the bleachers!! where is the justice!

:tongue::laugh:

Originally posted by glittergal

Yeah Nick!! ;)

GO YANKS!!! :D

:werd:

Those are the Yankees that we know and love...

Series Tied at 1... This is gonna be gooooood!!!

Way to go Pettitte... Scared the shit outta me in the first 2 innings... Glad he settled in... Finally our bats woke up...

I think one of the reasons the crowd is a lot calmer is that being it's a playoff game, the usual crowd that goes to games during the season aren't there because they can't afford the tickets. There are a lot more "corporate" type people who may not get as rowdy. That's what sucks about Yankee Stadium. Too much money is always involved. I remember in the 1980's, they couldn't give seats away to the stadium, now that they are good, only the people with money can go. Same thing for Madison Square Garden and the Knicks.

Originally posted by someclown

I think one of the reasons the crowd is a lot calmer is that being it's a playoff game, the usual crowd that goes to games during the season aren't there because they can't afford the tickets. There are a lot more "corporate" type people who may not get as rowdy.

I think that is very true, but I don't think its a really bad thing. At last nights game, and maybe this is only Pettitte, but it seemed at 2 out with 2 strikes when the crowd got rowdy it only nerved Andy out and he couldn't throw that last strike...

I mean I wouldn't pay the grand some of my friends did to get tickets to the Sox Yank series, but I would pay a real decent amount. :D

:werd:

Those are the Yankees that we know and love...

Series Tied at 1... This is gonna be gooooood!!!

Way to go Pettitte... Scared the shit outta me in the first 2 innings... Glad he settled in... Finally our bats woke up...

EXACTLY!!

When Andy is on he is unstoppable. I love the peeking out from above the glove ;)

I have to say Jeter and Nomar's jello hands with the ball once each had me laughing and I forget that name of the Sox hitter who thought he got hit with the ball and was jumping around when it even touch him :laugh: that had me laughing rolling off my couch!!

LOL.. if you were in my section, people would have thrown empty cups at you and boo'ed the shit outta you.. :D